SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
kung flu

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Another blip- 490 fatalities, 24,324 reported cases.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
2% mortality rate is kinda creepy. But you ha e to wonder if it’s Chinese incompetence? Or does it have a chance at 2% mortality in the World of Western medicine. We don’t do well with metabolic disease, but we do really well with infectious disease.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The mortality rate here will be way less than 1 percent. I read an article today that essentially stated the situation with healthcare in China is a shit show compared to the U.S.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the numbers from the Chinese are not real, if you don't get confirm with the disease and die it dont count, if you don't get to admit into the hospital it don't count, if you are confirmed with the disease but due to no room available and were sent home to die it don't count.
I have post video link before to should how bad it is in China, feel sorry for the regular citizens over there but not a damn thing anyone in this world can do. Fucking CCP needed to be completely destroy

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009: CCP needed to be completely destroy

That I agree with.
As much as we like to make China the bad guy, the Chinese that I have known personally are great folks to be around and I would never wish them any harm.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Tencent posted 25k deaths last Saturday. That's Friday here in the US, six days ago. WuFlu is doubling every 6 days. That means we can estimate death toll is now 50k deaths. This all makes sense given the death fog hovering over Wuhan from the crematoriums running 24/7 and the new "hospitals" actually being mere warehouses to store the dead and dying. No equipment. No staff. Hell that can't find staff and even facemasks for the regular hospitals. And we're supposed to believe they are fully staffing and equipping these new hospitals. It also explains why these new "hospitals" are made of concrete rather than emergency shelters like tent structures. Patients/prisoners can cut through a tent but not the concrete walls of these charnel houses.
~Fenris

quote:
Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths
Tencent briefly lists 154,023 infections and 24,589 deaths from Wuhan coronavirus
By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2020/02/05 18:59
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — As many experts question the veracity of China's statistics for the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, Tencent over the weekend seems to have inadvertently released what is potentially the actual number of infections and deaths, which were astronomically higher than official figures.

On late Saturday evening (Feb. 1), Tencent, on its web page titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker", showed confirmed cases of novel corona virus (2019nCoV) in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

The number of cured cases was only 269, well below the official number that day of 300. Most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589, vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day.

Moments later, Tencent updated the numbers to reflect the government's "official" numbers that day. Netizens noticed that Tencent has on at least three occasions posted extremely high numbers, only to quickly lower them to government-approved statistics.

Feb. 1 chart showing higher numbers (left), chart showing "official" numbers (right). (Internet image)

Netizens also noticed that each time the screen with the large numbers appears, it shows a comparison with the previous day's data which demonstrates a "reasonable" incremental increase, much like comparisons of official numbers. This has led some netizens to speculate that Tencent has two sets of data, the real data and "processed" data.

Some are speculating that a coding problem could be causing the real "internal" data to accidentally appear. Others believe that someone behind the scenes is trying to leak the real numbers.

However, the "internal" data held by Beijing may not reflect the true extent of the epidemic. According to multiple sources in Wuhan, many corona virus patients are unable to receive treatment and die outside of hospitals.

A severe shortage of test kits also leads to a lower number of diagnosed cases of infection and death. In addition, there have been many reports of doctors being ordered to list other forms of death instead of corona virus to keep the death toll artificially low.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Placing credibility in a Taiwanese report on China is like looking to CNN for Trump truths.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009: CCP needed to be completely destroy

That I agree with.
As much as we like to make China the bad guy, the Chinese that I have known personally are great folks to be around and I would never wish them any harm.

Its easy to label a 'body of people' as the boogeyman, its lazy and can border on being racially offensive, which as we've seen the last couple of years in this country, can easily 'trigger' the emotions.

The crux in this case though, as it is with everything in China, its the CCP. They want to control everything, now they've got an entire population, with a epidemic, burgeoning to possible pandemic on their hands. Didn't learn with SARS, didn't learn with bird-flu, perhaps third time is a charm.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Placing credibility in a Taiwanese report on China is like looking to CNN for Trump truths.

The report is from Taiwan. The data breach/leak is from Tencent, a major mainland company with deep ties to CCP.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The data breach/leak is from Tencent, a major mainland company with deep ties to CCP.

It's obvious to anyone paying attention that the "official" numbers are bogus. Part of this, of course, is that they don't have enough testing kits to even test everyone so those don't count.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
The data breach/leak is from Tencent, a major mainland company with deep ties to CCP.

It's obvious to anyone paying attention that the "official" numbers are bogus. Part of this, of course, is that they don't have enough testing kits to even test everyone so those don't count.

But 25k a week ago and estimated 50k today is just crazy numbers. No wonder Beijing is being so ruthless trying to contain it. And crematorium smoke hanging over cities? Eerie.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
And crematorium smoke hanging over cities?

I think that's a little over-dramatized.
Chinese cities are among the worst in the world for air pollution and have been for years. How do the reporters differentiate crematorium smoke from normal pollution days like this one - they color-code the crematorium smoke??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Chinese cities are among the worst in the world for air pollution and have been for years. How do the reporters differentiate crematorium smoke from normal pollution days like this one - they color-code the crematorium smoke?

Certainly a possibility, but given the reduced economic activity, one would tend to expect pollution levels to go down, not up. You are probably right though about the German reference being over the top. The Nazis were disposing of the bodies of their victims. The Chinese are disposing of the bodies of the virus' victims. Big difference. I will amend my prior post.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The big question is was this an inadvertent (or even intentional release by a kind soul trying to get the truth out) dissemination of actual figures or simply a mistake. At this point, it’s even odds given the regimes propensity for hiding state information. With the extreme quarantine measures that have been put in place and the small amount of video getting out, one has to wonder what the truth is. World leaders need to step up and pressure China for transparency.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The big question is was this an inadvertent (or even intentional release by a kind soul trying to get the truth out) dissemination of actual figures or simply a mistake. At this point, it’s even odds given the regimes propensity for hiding state information.

Whatever the truth is, I would expect whoever is responsible may soon suffer from acute lead poisoning.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A link with additional info, including a picture of a phalanx of police surrounding an apartment building for a(reported) single infected family.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...-spiraling-to-25000/

“Whatever the truth is, I would expect whoever is responsible may soon suffer from acute lead poisoning.”

No doubt. For China postings on social media to go so dark so quickly is more than a little ominous. I’m sure the government is locking EVERYTHING down as best they can.

posted Hide Post
I don't get into conspiracy theories nor have I been to China, but I have a hard time believing that a city of 11 million needed to build two hospitals to accommodate 20k infected.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Is it time to freak out yet?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
That I agree with.

quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
I don't get into conspiracy theories nor have I been to China, but I have a hard time believing that a city of 11 million needed to build two hospitals to accommodate 20k infected.

I have been to China many times since 2011 and spent probably the equivalent of a couple years in country. Chinese are some of the most welcoming, friendly, and hospitable people I have ever met. It is very safe with very low violent crime, and I think that results in a sort of naïveté and trust that you don't see in many places.

The people know the government lies to them and is obsessed with control, but unless they are dealing in land, or with a lot of money, or making anti-government noise, the government generally does not bother them. All kinds of things that are restricted or enforced here - drinking age and ID checks, traffic laws, street peddling, copyright law - are just not even bothered with because there are so many people.

It's an interesting, complicated, and self-contradictory culture, with a mix of old imperial history, crappy soviet style buildings, new ultra modern architecture, really poor, ultra rich, and everything in between. Elements of 3rd, 2nd, and 1st world sometimes a short distance apart. Air pollution is bad, especially in Beijing, but new laws are clamping down hard. It's never boring, always interesting, and maddening at times - some things you just have to see and experience.

Belief in mysticism and superstition is common, even among the educated, because China never had it's own enlightenment or discovery of the scientific method. The west has transplanted scientific thought, but because it didn't develop organically, various bad old habits die hard, and some of those habits do appear to be contributing to the spread of the virus.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post