SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I saw at least two women speaking at the podium today at the Coronavirus presser, and one may have been of non-caucasian lineage (which should not freaking matter! I am so sick and freaking tired of the non-stop playing of the race-card by the dems)!

Very good point Jimmy, and I’d venture to guess that what you describe is the result of a very corrupt and profitable ‘process’.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Author Stephen King:

Someone needs to wipe the smile off his fuckin' face.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
King asshole needs to get his glassed updated. Or he's just a fucking liar. Some important women up there today.

And the two I saw both did very well, especially Dr. Brix. How many other women of different specialties and training are/were just waiting for the command to "Charge!" on this I wonder.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Almost. I am good on file ammo. Never have enough pistol ammo.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
This panic must be hitting the ammo market as well. SGA has a 5-10 day shipment date after you order. Normally 1-2 days.
Well, uh, we are well-provisioned in that respect. Razz

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:]
What I hope to see happen, is that when PDJT and his team of political MAGA Patriots and the MAGA corporations put in place and execute plans to bring this technology and manufacturing base back to the U.S.A., that the no good rotten bastards that willfully put us in this precarious, dangerous and deadly position in the first place are identified, called out and left out, WAY OUT, from anything having to do with the noble and necessary endeavor!!

Every administration since the 70's is at fault. The conservatives for chasing the bottom line without any consideration (look at the Rust Belt, Detroit, etc..) and the lefties for embracing heavy environmental and labor regulations, chasing off any manufacturing work whether heavy or light manufacturing, not to mention insisting everybody get a college degree but, ignoring the issue of a flooded marketplace of useless diplomas. Both sides are at fault, and both sides failed to see the strategic issues at play with how uneven the global playing field had become. While Milton Freedom embraced a global economy, that only works if EVERY country plays by the same rules. China figured out the grey areas and exploited it.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
However, I think he really mishandled his early public statements about this disease and its spread. In one of the press conferences, the experts he chose said it was already here and there was no way to contain it and he turned around and said there are only 15 cases in the US right now and soon there will be 0.

I have to disagree with you there. I think he was trying to minimize panic and minimize the damage to the stock market and economy in general. I strongly believe that the economic threat from Covid-19 far exceeds the threat to human life, and have believed that from the beginning. I think any effort that could have been made to try to calm people was worth it. I believe these efforts were even more worth it since a true economic calamity that could result in a Democrat being elected must be avoided at all costs. A democrat president would be a far worse calamity to America than Coronavirus. While I think that some of the social distancing precautions in place are appropriate, even given the relatively low chance of complications or death from Covid-19, I’m far more afraid that people will perceive things as worse than they really are and cause needless damage to the economy.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:
This panic must be hitting the ammo market as well. SGA has a 5-10 day shipment date after you order. Normally 1-2 days.

Meanwhile in Illinois-

https://www.nraila.org/article...ammunition-transfers

The City of Champaign is holding an emergency meeting this morning to consider Council Bill No. 2020-022 granting extraordinary powers to the mayor following a declaration of an emergency. Among them is the power to ban transferring firearms and ammunition. This proposal will not only ban sales, but will also prohibit citizens from giving firearms or ammunition to family members, friends, and others in need of self-defense during times of emergency.

Please call City Council members and ask them not to grant the mayor the power to suspend your Second Amendment rights when they’re needed most during an emergency.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Please call City Council members and ask them not to grant the mayor the power to suspend infringe upon/trample your Second Amendment rights when they’re needed most during an emergency. ...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
In spite of the title, and the first minute or so, this VLOG is not just about the stupid rush on TP. Dave Morrison is often very good, he is this time too. 10 minutes of your time.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

quote:
quote:

Meanwhile in Illinois-

https://www.nraila.org/article...ammunition-transfers

The City of Champaign is holding an emergency meeting this morning to consider Council Bill No. 2020-022 granting extraordinary powers to the mayor following a declaration of an emergency. Among them is the power to ban transferring firearms and ammunition. This proposal will not only ban sales, but will also prohibit citizens from giving firearms or ammunition to family members, friends, and others in need of self-defense during times of emergency.

Please call City Council members and ask them not to grant the mayor the power to suspend your Second Amendment rights when they’re needed most during an emergency.

These leftists never miss a chance to try and take away our rights...whether it's guns or anything else.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Shades of Hurricane Katrina response in New Orleans!

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
However, I think he really mishandled his early public statements about this disease and its spread. In one of the press conferences, the experts he chose said it was already here and there was no way to contain it and he turned around and said there are only 15 cases in the US right now and soon there will be 0.

I have to disagree with you there. I think he was trying to minimize panic and minimize the damage to the stock market and economy in general. I strongly believe that the economic threat from Covid-19 far exceeds the threat to human life, and have believed that from the beginning. I think any effort that could have been made to try to calm people was worth it. I believe these efforts were even more worth it since a true economic calamity that could result in a Democrat being elected must be avoided at all costs. A democrat president would be a far worse calamity to America than Coronavirus. While I think that some of the social distancing precautions in place are appropriate, even given the relatively low chance of complications or death from Covid-19, I’m far more afraid that people will perceive things as worse than they really are and cause needless damage to the economy.

That may have been what he was trying to do, but when he is saying the exact opposite of virtually every other public voice, including his own experts, I think it's a lot more likely to damage his credibility than to keep anyone from worrying.

As far as the coronavirus not being a big deal, take a look at this article that I posted a few pages ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...deaths-estimate.html

Before serious containment/mitigation efforts began, the CDC built 4 models of how coronavirus could affect the US, from optimistic to pessimistic.

They came up with a range of 2.4 million to 21 million people needing hospitalization. Anywhere near the upper end of that range would cause our healthcare system to collapse and prevent almost everyone from getting adequate medical care for almost anything serious.

They projected from 200,000 to 1.7 million deaths. That's direct deaths from coronavirus - it doesn't include things like a person having a heart attack and dying because they can't get adequate medical care.

Because of the measures now being taken, the assumptions used in those projections no longer hold, and the ranges should be shifted towards smaller numbers, but this is a serious threat.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Flame suit on. For you just the flu, no big deal, we are over reacting guys.

So I've been watching this guy's videos for a while, I'd suggest you you watch a couple.

Ready for y'alls chicken little comments. I'm prepared, I'm staying out of public minus work, and not eating anything I didn't prepare. You take caution however you want, or ignore the situation if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisMartensondotcom

These are his last two.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/JWEakkc_xxs

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ogf6Hru2trE

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
The best part of this whole outbreak is how much fun you can have trying to convince your life partner that only a daily blowjob can protect you from the dreaded Wuhan....

Likely response: “Love you, dear, but it’s been nice knowing you.”

March 14 is steak and bj day.....look it up!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
My wife told our friend this and her response was, "Well, I am just going to pretend we either did not see that, or that we did not leave the country."

Drop a dime on her ass

Yeah, I'd forward the text / correspondence to the appropriate entity (employer / school district).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
The best part of this whole outbreak is how much fun you can have trying to convince your life partner that only a daily blowjob can protect you from the dreaded Wuhan....

Likely response: “Love you, dear, but it’s been nice knowing you.”

March 14 is steak and bj day.....look it up!

It's also International Pie Day.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I strongly believe that the economic threat from Covid-19 far exceeds the threat to human life, and have believed that from the beginning.

Indeed.

The panic is real, and spreading. (shakes head)

I was just "yelled at" by a not-hysterical but wound-up friend (via a phone call), who couldn't believe I wasn't more freaked out about the Panic about the Virus. They're at DefCon 4 (or 2?) already. (Sigh) I listened to a minute or two out of courtesy, then told em I loved em, wished them luck, and faked my zombie death beafore hanging up laughing. I heard them laugh at my faked death just before I hung up, but the call was serious as can be. They're actually bugging out of their suburban spot to their rural spot tonight, to avoid the panic. They're convinced it will be a massive massive shit show within two weeks. I got that much before the zombies got me.

I'm trying to keep it light, but dude was serious. The panic is very real, already.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I'd forward the text / correspondence to the appropriate entity (employer / school district)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be sure and sign the text first!

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Yeah, I'd forward the text / correspondence to the appropriate entity (employer / school district)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be sure and sign the text first!
Oh Shadow, you think of everything. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just playing with you dude. Don't be so serious Rhino.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post