SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:..Like she heard it from your cousins sisters brothers former roommate...?

Hmmmm....

This thing travels faster than an REO Speedwagon!!!

The song you are referencing becomes epic if you sing it in your best country twang. Try it.

Back to our regularly scheduled end of the world panic.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

The problem is the U.S. has banned foreign test kits, and there simply are not enough test kits that are FDA approved to test all of the people that should be tested.

Addressed so well today. 1.5 million new test kits available by next week. At least 5 million available within a month.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I'm not out to get Trump. He picked good, strict constructionist Supreme Court justices, and that was by far the most important thing to me going into the last election. Hillary would have been a nightmare.

However, I think he really mishandled his early public statements about this disease and its spread. In one of the press conferences, the experts he chose said it was already here and there was no way to contain it and he turned around and said there are only 15 cases in the US right now and soon there will be 0.

I think the statement this afternoon was a big improvement.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A funny thing in times like this - the leaders / doers / "man in the arena" are constantly criticized by the MSM and people who consider picking up children from school successfully a huge triumph, like the D-day invasion.

Everyone wants everything immediately and in the wonder world between their ears, it always seems so simple...

Yes, there will be fuck ups and mistakes. There always are. It's how complex things work.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
<---- look under my screen name, I'm good on that front. Heck I'm good on any front for quite awhile. Started a month ago making sure I'm prepared for this virus or any other natural disasters that may happen in the future. Also got 3 month supply of medications and good first aid kits along with basic OTC medicine for headaches and colds. Feels nice to have all bases covered.

Honestly I should have had all that stuff in my basement years ago. This has been good motivation to be prepared.
What about toilet paper? Big Grin

Of course my good man. Got the important stuff too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

The problem is the U.S. has banned foreign test kits, and there simply are not enough test kits that are FDA approved to test all of the people that should be tested.

Addressed so well today. 1.5 million new test kits available by next week. At least 5 million available within a month.

By itself, that isn't enough. From what I have read, the limiting factor hasn't been availability of kits, it has been how many kits the labs can actually process. It sounds like we're moving in the right direction there, too, but it will take some time.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
<---- look under my screen name, I'm good on that front. Heck I'm good on any front for quite awhile. Started a month ago making sure I'm prepared for this virus or any other natural disasters that may happen in the future. Also got 3 month supply of medications and good first aid kits along with basic OTC medicine for headaches and colds. Feels nice to have all bases covered.

Honestly I should have had all that stuff in my basement years ago. This has been good motivation to be prepared.
What about toilet paper? Big Grin

Of course my good man. Got the important stuff too.

Interesting. Most people buy bottled water, not canned.
Big Grin

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Ha. That's a good one!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:...
Yes, there will be fuck ups and mistakes. There always are. It's how complex things work.

The "Battle Plan" is the first casualty of direct contact with the enemy.

Then you adapt, improvise and overcome.

And Nancy will always be in the background bitching...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Trump nailed it, Between this and the last I would have to say I am justified in my faith in him. Excellent demeanor and calm. Very Presidential and exactly what people need to see in times of strife. That is leadership. Stock market took notice too! While I wasn't really worried about the virus I was worried about the economy and I gotta admit I feel a lot better about it today. We aren't out of the woods but when a leader can rally this kind of support you gotta appreciate and love it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Arkansas is up to 9 cases, 1 of which is a non-contact case in Little Rock, so apparently the infected are walking among us.

On a lighter note, the Little Rock Air Force Base Commissary was completely out of tortillas. WTF?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
Ha. That's a good one!

In times of crisis the beer companies actually distribute canned water. I'm just staying ahead of the curve and I get slightly flavored water.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Good move by the cruise industry to suspend operations.

My wife has a friend who left on a cruise yesterday. Her, her husband, two kids and a bunch of other couples. My wife and I were both dumbfounded that they actually departed.

We have other friends who flew out of the country today to Aruba. They go every spring break and they did not even consider cancelling. Later in the day the school system announced that anyone (student, teacher, etc) who travels anywhere out of the country on spring break may not return to school and must self quarantine for 14 days upon their return. My wife told our friend this and her response was, "Well, I am just going to pretend we either did not see that, or that we did not leave the country."

Posts: 2287 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the subject of “We have learned a lot.”, and specifically as it pertains to ‘China’ now being in possession/control of waaaaaay too much seed materials and recipes for basic and advanced medicines, pharmaceutical patents and pharmaceutical mfg. and distribution, etc., it obviously did not ‘just happen’ to get that way overnight.

Anti-American and uniparty politicians, lobbyists, the COC, foreign governments, corporations all greedily aligned themselves to sell us out (or some might say ‘fuck us up the ass’).

What I hope to see happen, is that when PDJT and his team of political MAGA Patriots and the MAGA corporations put in place and execute plans to bring this technology and manufacturing base back to the U.S.A., that the no good rotten bastards that willfully put us in this precarious, dangerous and deadly position in the first place are identified, called out and left out, WAY OUT, from anything having to do with the noble and necessary endeavor!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
On the subject of “We have learned a lot.”, and specifically as it pertains to ‘China’ now being in possession/control of waaaaaay too much seed materials and recipes for basic and advanced medicines, pharmaceutical patents and pharmaceutical mfg. and distribution, etc., it obviously did not ‘just happen’ to get that way overnight.

Anti-American and uniparty politicians, lobbyists, the COC, foreign governments, corporations all greedily aligned themselves to sell us out (or some might say ‘fuck us up the ass’).

What I hope to see happen, is that when PDJT and his team of political MAGA Patriots and the MAGA corporations put in place and execute plans to bring this technology and manufacturing base back to the U.S.A., that the no good rotten bastards that willfully put us in this precarious, dangerous and deadly position in the first place are identified, called out and left out, WAY OUT, from anything having to do with the noble and necessary endeavor!!

This is what I just don't understand. It is extremely difficult, expensive, and time consuming to get a new drug to be FDA approved. So the FDA is so strict about that, but then they just allow raw materials for drugs and some drugs to be produced themselves, in countries such as China that have virtually no standards.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My wife told our friend this and her response was, "Well, I am just going to pretend we either did not see that, or that we did not leave the country."

Drop a dime on her ass

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
oh boy. President Trump made the biggest mistake of all. The whopper of whoppers.

Author Stephen King:

"Note that Trump’s coronavirus team is all male, all old, and all white."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-king-tweet-n2564932

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephen, is that really the best you've got ?

The team to help save the country from disease that is crippling China and Europe - is just too white for you. The blind bigoted hatred living in your head is more scary than coronavirus.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
King asshole needs to get his glassed updated. Or he's just a fucking liar. Some important women up there today.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^. WTF do we expect from someone who has as twisted a mind as Stephen King? Criticism from his insane ass is a compliment.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post