SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for Urology Doc or Oncologist
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Urology Doc or Oncologist Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Do we have a urologist / oncologist on board?

Radiation in 2010 evidently did not get all of my prostate cancer.

We are discussing salvage cryotherapy vs. HIFU.

Of course, I will listen to what my guy has to say, but any input from an additional source will be welcome.
'Nother question: Have any of our members undergone either of these treatments? If so, what can you tell me.

Replies here are fine, or if you want to keep it offline, my email address is in my profile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, wife is an oncology nurse and has questions, will be sending you an email if you feel comfortable discussing with her.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, sorry to hear this. I will be praying you get this taken care of quickly and end up cancer-free.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, V-tail.

I keep an eye on my yearly PSA numbers. In past years, lost several co-workers and a brother in law to Prostate cancer.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent V-tail.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
First thing this doc wants to do is get a look at the inside of my bladder.

I said, "MRI probably won't give good information because of the reinforcing rods in my hip and thigh."

He said, "No problem. I'ma shove a camera up your pee-pee."

I can hardly wait for next Monday! He says it won't hurt. Right, it won't hurt him a bit! I'll probably spend the rest of the week curled up in the fetal position, whimpering like a little girl.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had that damn camera. Make them use extra lube and numbing agent!!!! It was fine until the camera got past the lube. Then it hurt like hell. I went to my urologist today and was told might have to have the camera next visit. If it hurts make'em stop and use more lube. Don't let them hurt you. It took me two weeks to get over it.

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the camera up the pee pipe, too. Very little pain.

Only embarrassment I felt was presence of two young girls doing prep work.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
PSA went over 4 in Dec. 16. Had 2 biopsies and MRI. Did not want radiation. Had prostate removed Oct. 19th last year at Vanderbilt. Removed 6 lymph nodes. All negative. Thank you Dr. Sam Chang. Check-up every 6 months. Feel great. Best of luck.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the camera a number of times.

The last time I’m laying there and the doc says take a look at the monitor and he’s moving around looking. He wants to give me a video tour! Definitely an experience!

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
A prayer sent for you, friend.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
Had prostate removed Oct. 19th last year..

Mine was popped out twelve days later.

Had the cam in 2006. I wasn't expecting it so I didn't have worries going in, that's good. And yes, embarrassing and painful so if another is called for in the future, yikes. FWIW no residual discomfort after the procedure except the mental surprise of having that sprung on me.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
V-Tail, wife is an oncology nurse and has questions, will be sending you an email if you feel comfortable discussing with her.
That's fine. Look in my profile to find my email address.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Had mine out Dec. 1, 2017. PSA less than 0.01 now.
Best wishes for a good outcome. Cancer sucks.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Multiple opinions are good.
That is what led me to have mine removed in December of 2016. Don't really know anything about those procedures.
Best wishes for you sir.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hopefully the gear is smaller than it used to be. I swear that damn thing had the diameter of a golf club shaft.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
First thing this doc wants to do is get a look at the inside of my bladder.

I said, "MRI probably won't give good information because of the reinforcing rods in my hip and thigh."

I can hardly wait for next Monday! He says it won't hurt. Right, it won't hurt him a bit! I'll probably spend the rest of the week curled up in the fetal position, whimpering like a little girl.

I had this done a few years ago > nothing to worry about.
My result came back fine which was even better news.
You really only limp for a week or two afterwards. Razz

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
DAYUM~~!!!

Best wishes to you V.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Can't help you, but get well!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, had mine removed December 1, 2016. And thankfully my PSA has been running at 0.01. I have not heard of the camera thing tho. Best of luck.

Posts: 423 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post