SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    $1.50 gas ! , no wait , now it's a $1.45.9
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$1.50 gas ! , no wait , now it's a $1.45.9 Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
99 cents at OKC Costco

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
There may not be a group of people harder hit during this crisis than those in O&G. Say a prayer for them as you put $1.49/gal gas into your SUV.

My daughter is one of those O&G workers.
They are starting to shut down parts of the refinery where she works. They can't sell it at a profit so why produce it?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Wholesale is something like 48¢ last I heard - will head far lower, maybe - or the retail folks will just keep the record high margins while they have them.
The Price of Gas at the pump is the wholesale price. There is no intermediary market for gasoline, which is why the spot price of oil can be reflected so quickly in the supply chain from the refinery / reserves / market.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
There may not be a group of people harder hit during this crisis than those in O&G. Say a prayer for them as you put $1.49/gal gas into your SUV.

My daughter is one of those O&G workers.
They are starting to shut down parts of the refinery where she works. They can't sell it at a profit so why produce it?

It’s bad out there. I hope she can keep her job and that those furloughed, or laid off, or whatever they are calling it, can return to work soon.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's below a dollar here in Red Wing, MN. One small shop has 87 octane (e10) for 95cents. Nonoxy 93 is around $1.80 right now.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
$1.659 for regular at Costco here in Altamonte Springs FL (just north of Orlando)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
bendable, if you want to drive to the very Southern part of the state. It was $1.25 in Harrisburg today.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid $1.29 this morning in Front Royal

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It was $1.33 at Kroger in Charlottesville yesterday. It is still over $2 around here.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Geez. I drove by a gas station the other day and the 89 octane was slightly under $3 a gallon, which is low compared to what it was before all this.

I just checked online for Costco - the nearest stations were between $2.249 and $2.299. Diesel (not as many locations carry that) was $2.699

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Was able to fill up for fifty bucks. That was a first for me.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still around $2 a gallon of regular unleaded in Tucson.

IMO, lower gas prices around the country will no doubt prompt the "Powers to be" to hike the fuel tax, 'cause gas prices are too low.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now down to $1.35 9/10s

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Haven't been out of the house since the 10th but GasBuddy says regular is $1.90 locally.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Still above $2 in PA where we pay something like 60 cents to the state in taxes which then go RIGHT to the PA state police budget so they can get bigger and to pad their pensions.

Cheapest I saw was $2.22 yesterday

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
From the heart.

Living in western Colorado, and now SE Wyoming, we’ve met, and became friends with, many people who worked in oil and gas. My wife, in fact, worked for Schlumberger for a few years and still keeps in touch with several people she worked with at “Slumber J.” Crude oil prices have cratered, they’ve been down at $20/barrel for a few days now. Just as this Virus was taking hold, the Sauds started a gas war with the Russians. That started the decline, then the Coronavirus began to accelerate causing airlines and cruise ships to park planes and ships and most Americans are sheltered at home. There’s a glut of oil now. The price is WAY too low to sell, so it’s being stored. Assuming at some point in the next few months things begin to return to something approaching normalcy, it won’t return for domestic O&G for a long time because of the glut of oil being stored now.

The independence we’ve enjoyed from OPEC because of domestic oil production is something some of you may be too young appreciate. Do a search for “70s gas crisis” and see what life is like when the Middle East (or Russia) has the country by the short hairs. This independence does not come about because of Exxon-Mobil, or Phillips Petroleum, or Chevron-Mobil. It’s achieved because of the many independents out there exploring, drilling, and employing thousands of fellow Americans. It will be devastating to American energy independence and our economy if those independents can’t survive.

I get it, I understand tough times and being out of work just trying to feed my family.

See, I worked in the auto industry and I have been laid of several times due to high gas prices killing auto sales. That caused a dip in the overall economy affecting everyone.

I don't wish any bad luck on anybody but I just hope the energy guys have a little better understanding in the future.
I understand that the common workers do not set the prices of gas directly, just like the autoworkers didn't directly set the auto prices.
But it all revolves together.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Still above $2 in PA where we pay something like 60 cents to the state in taxes which then go RIGHT to the PA state police budget so they can get bigger and to pad their pensions.

Cheapest I saw was $2.22 yesterday
I paid $1.89 yesterday at Costco in lower Bucks.

Most regular gas stations around here are about $2.20 to $2.27. NJ is just about down to $2 even around where I work.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I bet the states tax it back to norm then when it goes up we're screwed.
1.85 because of nc taxes.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I suspect that when all the gas storage tanks are full, the refineries will shut down. Then the price will slowly creep back up...

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Illinois and their gas taxes are such that there are as many Illinois plates at the Iowa gas pumps. as Iowa licence plates, consistently, all day every day.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post