SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    $1.50 gas ! , no wait , now it's a $1.45.9
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$1.50 gas ! , no wait , now it's a $1.45.9 Login/Join 
posted
Tuesaday we filled up the neighbors mini van for $1.50 per gallon , up in the big city at The Costco. Smile

four hours later we were done with a 120 mile round trip ,we stopped at the same Costco and topped it off again for $1.45 Eek

Life is great after nine days of being all cooped up, the weather was great , the traffic on Interstate 80 was close to non existent, , people were mostly pleasant, .

I really needed to get out and about , I guess,responsibly though

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
$1.49 @ Sam's Club here...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24068 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just paid like $1.75 here

nowhere fun to go though

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Paid $1.35 yesterday at our local station.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, while it seems it is a great thing - it is not so healthy for the economy especially here in Texas. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Some areas in Ohio as low as $1.15/gal. Currently about $1.35 near me

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Wholesale is something like 48¢ last I heard - will head far lower, maybe - or the retail folks will just keep the record high margins while they have them.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
$1.65 yesterday. Hoping boat gas comes down as well.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Geez. I drove by a gas station the other day and the 89 octane was slightly under $3 a gallon, which is low compared to what it was before all this.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
googling "boat gas"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Boat gas - ethanol free especially from the marina. Our bigger boat holds 93 gallons and filling it with 5 gallon cans hanging over the side of the boat is less than ideal. Pulling it out of the water and taking it to the gas station is bad: Let's bring our 30-40ft trailer to the gas station. That leaves the marina fuel dock where it's $1 a gallon more than the gas station. I typically put 50 gallons in. I guess I'll go apply for unemployment since I typically used my substitute teaching money to fill the boat.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing falling prices here, too.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time I gassed up it was $1.94
Which is unheard of here in the Yoop!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah, while it seems it is a great thing - it is not so healthy for the economy especially here in Texas. Frown

Me keeping my money in my pocket is always a great thing.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Here in little ol' yUK the cheapest around here is about $6, but on the major highways it was $7.90 last week.

Good, eh? Frown

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
$2.25 at the local Costco for regular

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
From the heart.

Living in western Colorado, and now SE Wyoming, we’ve met, and became friends with, many people who worked in oil and gas. My wife, in fact, worked for Schlumberger for a few years and still keeps in touch with several people she worked with at “Slumber J.” Crude oil prices have cratered, they’ve been down at $20/barrel for a few days now. Just as this Virus was taking hold, the Sauds started a gas war with the Russians. That started the decline, then the Coronavirus began to accelerate causing airlines and cruise ships to park planes and ships and most Americans are sheltered at home. There’s a glut of oil now. The price is WAY too low to sell, so it’s being stored. Assuming at some point in the next few months things begin to return to something approaching normalcy, it won’t return for domestic O&G for a long time because of the glut of oil being stored now.

The independence we’ve enjoyed from OPEC because of domestic oil production is something some of you may be too young appreciate. Do a search for “70s gas crisis” and see what life is like when the Middle East (or Russia) has the country by the short hairs. This independence does not come about because of Exxon-Mobil, or Phillips Petroleum, or Chevron-Mobil. It’s achieved because of the many independents out there exploring, drilling, and employing thousands of fellow Americans. It will be devastating to American energy independence and our economy if those independents can’t survive.

There may not be a group of people harder hit during this crisis than those in O&G. Say a prayer for them as you put $1.49/gal gas into your SUV.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
1.31 by DFW airport.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
$129.9 in North Toledo Yesterday

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I thought we were doing well buying it for 2.19

:0/

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post