SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Admitting my wife to Hospice today.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Admitting my wife to Hospice today. Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
As many of you know, my wife has been battling Non-small Cell Lung Cancer for the past few months. She took the radiation well, but two days after radiation was completed a brand new, 1 cm tumor started bleeding in her brain stem. She had emergency surgery last week, but the recovery hasn't been great, She's not eating and is in a lot of pain.

The Oncologist has said that she's not strong enough for Chemo. The treatment would literally kill her.

So we're meeting with the Hospice care team this afternoon / evening to see about the admissions process. This is by no means a "death sentence", but they will only work on making her comfortable and treating "symptoms" not the underlying cause.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this.
Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers these last few weeks and they will continue to be.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dave.

Have been keeping you both in thought and prayers during the this most difficult of times.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry, man. Been praying for ya’ll. That will continue. Frown

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I am only on sporadically these days and missed that your wife was dealing with this. I am sorry to hear it and can only say that I just prayed for you and your family. I put you down on my little prayer list (can't remember anymore without writing them down) and will check back in.

As you know Hospice is generally full of wonderful folks who want to and know how to help. If you have a less than comfortable experience, speak up- they may not know something is off unless you do.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this, your wife has been in my prayers.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this, prayers up for the both of you.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
My family is continuing to pray for yours Rolan.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Sending you positive thought and prayers my friend.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Will continue to pray for you and your wife.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm praying for strength for you both.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
My prayers are reaching out for you and yours.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, Rolan. My best to you and your family.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife, Roland.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this; prayers for comfort for both of you.
s.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh God, I hate to read this...hope they can give her pain relief without taking away the ability of the two of you to communicate.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Report This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Prayers going out for everyone...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post