SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A-10 strafes Taliban Vehicle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A-10 strafes Taliban Vehicle Login/Join 
posted
Cool view at the 16 second mark. That 30mm leaves holes that no body shop could fix:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Jesus, John, I thought you loved this car....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
God Bless the men and women in our Military!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
But...but...couldn't they have just fired a couple rounds into the engine? Razz

The dispersion on that Avenger cannon is fucking insane.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
WoW. I can tell you that if you ever heard an A-10 fire, you will never forget it.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
They dead.

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
They dead.

so dead

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Loved the gratuitous second burst...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice group

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Juuust to be sure...

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Clearly the 5 bowling ball sized holes in the car from the first pass weren't sufficient Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Serious question: What’s the purpose of the second brust? I mean: it’s not as if ANYONE could have survived the first.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I've always said the Warthog is my favorite military aircraft.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Keep these magnificent planes in the air. Heck, build more of them.

Love the footage of their victories.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if that CAS would have been approved under the previous administration.

I'm guessing not.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
Serious question: What’s the purpose of the second brust? I mean: it’s not as if ANYONE could have survived the first.

If you're going to use an A-10 to kill an unarmored anything, it's probably worth killing it twice. Not like the pilot can hop out & check to make sure the 1st burst did the job.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
WoW. I can tell you that if you ever heard an A-10 fire, you will never forget it.

I even added my own soundtrack when I watched it. BRRRRRRRTTTTTT! Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:

I'd love to have it as a ringtone for my phone.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for that military parade. You know, the one we hold in the streets of Kandahar!

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Makes Elmer Keith happy, they used enough gun.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post