SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    i am disappointed in the republicans
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i am disappointed in the republicans Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
After the election I was sure that the Republicans & even some Dems would have gotten the message that the majority of Americans are pissed off at politicians. Evidently, they didn't get the memo.

I feel that the American people would much better off if all the congress critters were forcibly removed & replaced with the first 500 people listed in my local phone book. Repeat every four years or as necessary.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no alternative to the GOP

You're not wrong... but if they don't get some courage to do the right thing it won't always be that way. The natives are growing restless.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
IMO, anyone who is disappointed has set their expectations too high. The GOP hates you just as much as the Democrats.

Remember. It's the globalists vs the few non-globalists.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This is the meaning of "The Uniparty." Democrats and Republicans pretend to be in opposition, but, really, they are part of the same corruption. The same lobbyists make both sides very rich. They play the same corporations, often the same fat cat donors. You might wonder why they can't find productive solutions to problems, but the answer is that they are not trying. They do excellent jobs at enriching themselves and expanding their personal spheres of power. That is what they are all about.

And if you grasp that, you understand the magnitude of the opposition to President Trump, and why they loathe him.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

And if you grasp that, you understand the magnitude of the opposition to President Trump, and why they loathe him and us.

(minor addition) You are spot on, sir.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mitch McConnell’s Mediocre Expectations

If the 115th Congress of these here United States had a mascot, it would have to be shrugging emoji guy. I mean, with the GOP firmly in control of both houses and a Republican in the White House to boot, how else can you explain their curious lack of progress on anything that resembles a conservative agenda? Besides, the consultants are probably getting tired of coming up with new excuses for the same old failures anyway. Perhaps it’s time to give them all a rest and try some honesty for a change.

Can’t strip funding for Planned Parenthood out of the federal budget?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obamacare repeal falls flat on its face even though you’ve been campaigning on it for seven whole years?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about funding for the border wall?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um…tax reform?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okey-dokey, then.

Until such time as that happens, though, it’s a good thing we have Mitch McConnell around to keep us from getting too excited. Just the other day, the esteemed Senate majority leader and all-around congressional cabana boy was gave a speech to some Rotarians in his home state of Kentucky during which he offered yet another reason for the GOP’s seeming electoral dysfunction:

“Our new president, of course, has not been in this line of work before,” said McConnell according to CNN affiliate WCPO which covered the event. “I think he had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the democratic process.”

McConnell made the case that the Congress is working as it should and that voters should allow the process to play itself out before passing judgment.

“Part of the reason I think people think we’re under-performing is because of too many artificial deadlines unrelated to the reality of the legislature which may have not been understood.”

Yeah, I too remember the heat of the campaign season, when Republicans everywhere were promising to take a wrecking ball to the Obama agenda. “Just vote for us,” they pleaded, whipping those voters into a frenzy, “and we’ll get everything fixed! Just as soon as we can get around to it.”

Inspiring, Mitch. Really inspiring.

But is that really the message you want to send? I know you’ve been out of the private sector for a while, but out here in the real world you get judged by your results–and so far, you really don’t have much to show. What’s worse, you don’t seem that ruffled about it, either. That’s what makes a lot of us feel like you’re just dragging your feet, and not really all that interested in a conservative agenda.

Because when 2018 rolls around, and you’re wondering why GOP voters aren’t showing up, we just might be tempted to respond the way you taught us.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://theresurgent.com/mitch-...diocre-expectations/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They are in the same bed with the commie left. Most all of them. Despicable cockroaches sharing shit with the maggots. They are stalling the President's agenda on purpose. Mad

Yeah, just a bunch of camouflaged never trumpers.

I speculate that the time they spend each week actually doing the people's business is about 2 minutes.

IIRC, many of them actually leave town on Thursday, return on Monday. Leaving 2 days per week to actually be on the job (or recover from all that 1st class travel). Then they take month long "breaks", too. Ostensibly, to make contact with their constituents back home.

Were I president, I would do everything in my power to see that these assholes actually worked AT LEAST 5 days a week. On the freaking job, doing the PEOPLE'S BUSINESS.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Both parties are equally inept in their own special ways...

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
McConnell and Ryan are NOT leaders, they are Caretakers. They need to go!

McConnell Doubts "Trump Can Save Presidency" As Relationship "Disintegrates"

According to a new bombshell report from the NYT, the relationship between President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has "disintegrated" in recent week "to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks", prompting the Kentucky senator to express doubts if Trump can succeed in office and "salvage the presidency" after a summer of controversies and crises.

The relationship between President Trump and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, has disintegrated to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks, and Mr. McConnell has privately expressed uncertainty that Mr. Trump will be able to salvage his administration after a series of summer crises.

What was once an uneasy governing alliance has curdled into a feud of mutual resentment and sometimes outright hostility, complicated by the position of Mr. McConnell’s wife, Elaine L. Chao, in Mr. Trump’s cabinet, according to more than a dozen people briefed on their imperiled partnership. Angry phone calls and private badmouthing have devolved into open conflict, with the president threatening to oppose Republican senators who cross him, and Mr. McConnell mobilizing to their defense.

In a phone call on Aug. 9, Trump blamed McConnell for the Senate's troubled efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. The Times said the call descended into shouting and profanity.

During the call, which Mr. Trump initiated on Aug. 9 from his New Jersey golf club, the president accused Mr. McConnell of bungling the health care issue. He was even more animated about what he intimated was the Senate leader’s refusal to protect him from investigations of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to Republicans briefed on the conversation. Mr. McConnell has fumed over Mr. Trump’s regular threats against fellow Republicans and criticism of Senate rules, and questioned Mr. Trump’s understanding of the presidency in a public speech. Mr. McConnell has made sharper comments in private, describing Mr. Trump as entirely unwilling to learn the basics of governing.

While McConnell was reportedly troubled by Trump's remarks that placed equal blame on hate groups and counterprotesters, that was just the tip of the iceberg of the pent up animosity between the two. The Senator also signaled his unease with Trump’s comments to business leaders who quit their posts on presidential advisory councils in recent days, the NYT reports. But the straw that broke the camel's back was last month's failure by the Republican controlled Senate to pass Obamacare repeal, a humiliating defeat for Trump's main campaign promise.

McConnell said in a speech earlier this month that Trump had "excessive expectations" about moving his legislative agenda through Congress. That led Trump to repeatedly lash out at McConnell on Twitter, questioning why McConnell has not been able to accomplish longtime GOP campaign promises. Trump went so far as to suggest to reporters at his Bedminster, N.J. golf club that, if McConnell is unable to pass healthcare reform, tax reform and an infrastructure bill through the Senate, he should consider stepping aside from his leadership role.

for the two GOP heavyweights walking into a month of serious major political maelstroms with the debt ceiling, spending bill, tax reform, and a retry at healthcare looming–among other fights. Both Trump and McConnell themselves refused comment for the Times story, but McConnell spokesman Don Stewart said the president and majority leader had “shared goals” including “tax reform, infrastructure, funding the government, not defaulting on the debt, passing the defense authorization bill.”

But while the bad blood between the two is hardly news, the question is how will the allegedly tamer, and Bannon-free Trump react to the previously unreported news that McConnell has wondered whether Trump’s presidency will survive:

In offhand remarks, Mr. McConnell has expressed a sense of bewilderment about where Mr. Trump’s presidency may be headed, and has mused about whether Mr. Trump will be in a position to lead the Republican Party into next year’s elections and beyond, according to people who have spoken to him directly. While maintaining a pose of public reserve, Mr. McConnell expressed horror to advisers last week after Mr. Trump’s comments equating white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va., with protesters who rallied against them. Mr. Trump’s most explosive remarks came at a news conference in Manhattan, where he stood beside Ms. Chao.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...onship-disintegrates

-rduckwor

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There has been a great deal written about these issues, a lot of controversy. The two major parties are very closely divided, and very little can get done. That's how it is supposed to work, actually. Only ideas with large popular support can survive the political and legislative gauntlet we intentionally subject them to.

Don't be impatient. Don't be discouraged. Concentrate on building support for the ideas and values we favor.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The GOP, with the exception of a few who actually still care what the people want, are not in favor of significant changes, cutting waste, cutting spending, or cutting tax revenue.

They may as well change their party name to the Democrat-Lite party. What we need is a legitimate third party to start making progress at the state level in order to get some recognition and a legitimate shot at national level politics.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
The GOP have become nothing more than self preservationists. It's the reason I became an independent in 2010. I was getting calls for support and donations like always but I kept telling the callers that I no longer call myself a Republican and to stop calling. It took about 5 years for them to give up on me. I'm sure it will be a lot longer than that to get me back.

Sad for me, devastating for the country. Frown

Jim

The only reason I stay in the party is to vote in the primary. If you live in an open primary state, then there is little reason to be registered in the party.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only reason I stay in the party is to vote in the primary. If you live in an open primary state, then there is little reason to be registered in the party.

Indeed. In fact, so little reason that we don't even have such a thing. There is no party registration in Missouri.

-rduckwor

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Not really a registration in Indiana either. In the primary we are asked if we want a democrat or republican ballot and it is marked which one you chose. If I take rep primary ballot and then decide I want to run for office next election as a dem the party chair can keep me off the ballot.

Looks like now that the Russian coup failed the msm, rinos and dems are going to try to make the mentally unstable charge stick. They all seem to have gotten the memo. Last ditch efforts of a desperate group.

Sessions needs to frog march DWS and her paki pals. That will change the tune and give them something to sing about.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
i am disappointed in the republicans

You too?

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
At what point will the congressional Republicans decide that Trump is a liability and decide they rather deal with Pence?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pence is already as close to the Presidency as he'll ever get. Bank on it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Pence is already as close to the Presidency as he'll ever get. Bank on it.

First: I hope you're wrong, 46and2. I want to see a Pence Administration from Jan 2025 through Jan 2033.

Second, regarding this thread's subject line: "disappointed" is far too milque-toast limp-wristed mamby-pamby dainty to describe what my gut feels for the GOP at this time. I struggle to find a non-obscene adjective that adequately imparts that feeling.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's become clear some of them want their own agenda to win. Not the will of the people. They spent so much time and effort fighting Zippy Boy, now that we have the keys to the boat, they are lost. Shameful.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some are just as bad as the Democrats. No wonder why we can't get anything past, they are only in it for the long haul and not the people. We need to set limits for them.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post