SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    i am disappointed in the republicans
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i am disappointed in the republicans Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I sense a pattern; too bad those slimy RINO's don't recognize the harm they are doing to the nation.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I agree with every above poster,bunch of lying sorry asses.
There to expand bigger government and bend the working folk over even more.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
I sense a pattern; too bad those slimy RINO's don't recognize the harm they are doing to the nation.

They know but they just don't give a fuck about us.

It's all about the globalists vs the anti-globalists. All the other labels such as left, right, liberal, conservative, democrat, republican is smoke and mirrors.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's all about the globalists vs the anti-globalists.

I know what you mean... and they've been at it for a long time, longer than any of us have been alive. The globalists control the world's central banks.

quote:
All the other labels such as left, right, liberal, conservative, democrat, republican is smoke and mirrors.

But that's not completely true.

Take me for example. I've been a conservative since I started reading WFB when I was in grade school back in the 1970s. I have since read a lot and have adopted a blend of both conservative philosophy and the Austrian economic thought as my own.

Yes, I'm anti-globalist, but it's more comprehensive than merely opposing the globalists.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I'm not disregarding the labels. Labels just mean more to us than they do to those in power.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of wimps we have in our Congress these days. There are only a few good ones.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I'm not disregarding the labels. Labels just mean more to us than they do to those in power.

Actually, I think labels mean next to nothing. The meaning of Conservative an liberal have been debated ad nauseum and mean different things to different people. The labels can be used as a form of shorthand but they don't really mean much.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
i am disappointed in the republicans

Grab a ticket and get in line.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Amash
Bergman
Coffman
Comstock
Cook
Costello (PA)
Curbelo (FL)
Denham
Dent
Faso
Fitzpatrick
Issa
Katko
Knight
Lance
LoBiondo
MacArthur
Mast
Reed
Reichert
Ros-Lehtinen
Shuster
Stefanik
Tenney

24 Republicans Vote To Preserve Transgender Ideology in Military
The admendment to the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was offered by Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R, Mo.). It would have prohibited the use of taxpayer dollars to pay for the non-military medical task of converting healthy soldiers into “transgender” soldiers who face lifelong dependence on hormones and surgery.

The July 13 vote saw Democrats vote in lockstep to defeat the amendment, despite the national unpopularity of the transgender ideology. They were joined by 24 Republicans who broke with their party to assist the Democrats to defeat the amendment, without any visible objections by the GOP’s business-focused leadership.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
July 15, 2017
Why are most of the Republicans in Congress so spineless?
By Patricia McCarthy

Why indeed? Obamacare was passed in 2009 without a single Republican vote. Everyone who paid attention to its details knew that it was designed to fail, miserably. Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragged about how getting it passed depended on the stupidity of the American people. But people would not be able to keep their own doctors as promised. No one's premiums went down by $2,500. They all went up and up and up. Those who are paying for it cannot afford to use it because the deductibles are too high. It is a monstrosity of catastrophic proportions. The insurance companies were on board; they knew they would reap billions of taxpayer dollars, and they have. They have been subsidized with billions in government largesse and still have jacked up the cost of premiums each year. The insurance companies loved the plan despite the fact that it was built as well to be fraud-friendly, like Medicaid and Medicare. It was and remains a giant boondoggle. For eight years, Republicans have campaigned for office in order to repeal it. The House voted repeatedly to repeal it.

Now they have the House, the Senate, and the White House and suddenly cannot do what they have promised to do all these years despite having all the power to do it. The range of their fatuous excuses and infighting is too much to bear. Suddenly, all those Republicans who once held conservative ideals are conservative no longer. Medicaid, which provides little if any actual medical care, now must be expanded, not cut! Where does all that money go? Not to doctors. Not to care for the indigent. Susan Collins, for example, should admit she is a give-it-all-away Democrat. She does not advocate for personal responsibility or reducing government spending. Not one bit. Every word out of her mouth is a statist, big-government mantra.

Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania let the cat of the bag as to the Republicans' pathetic inaction at a recent town hall: "We did not expect Trump to win." So these Republicans who have been promising to repeal Obamacare once they achieved maximum power were just faking it. They had no plan to actually repeal Obamacare, and it appears now that they never had any intention to do it. They did not really want to wield the power they now have! They preferred being underdogs; they are, most of them, lazy.

The Democrats, statist scoundrels all, would never be so pathetically weak. They have no power but are still running the show because the establishment Republicans are so infuriatingly inept. Because Trump did win, the Republicans in Congress have been caught in a poisonous spider's web of their own making. Now we all know that they are weak, sycophantic do-nothings who would rather fight among themselves than solve a problem or actually legislate. They are like a clan of meerkats staring vacantly in the same, unfocused direction. Paul Ryan and McConnell, the alleged miracle workers of vote-whipping, are failures. On purpose? Who knows? Seems like it.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's idea that an Obamacare plan remain available to anyone who wants it is brilliant. But no, can't have that. Direct care, the most obvious solution, is a non-starter with our cowardly representatives in Congress. No, no, no. We cannot possibly advocate for personal responsibility and affordable health care that allows individual Americans to choose their own doctors or their own insurance plans, according to their own needs. There are so many ways to care for the truly needy, and for those with pre-existing conditions, without bankrupting the nation, but our wimpy Republicans are too scared to go there. It is cowardice that characterizes the party – cowardice and contempt for their own president because he is not one of them. To this day, they cannot accept that fact he won precisely because he is not one of them. But can they learn and embrace the man? No. They are trying to sabotage him. And for this they are earning the contempt of the voters who put them in office.

They are cowards, too, when it comes to defending their president. Like Toomey, none of them expected Trump to win, but he did. But so afraid of actually supporting the man who is now the leader of their party, nearly all of them are cowering in the corners of Congress. So afraid of the leftist media, they are trying to become a minority again themselves. Who among them has passionately called out the nonsense that is the media's obsession with "Trump colluded with Russia"? Not even Cruz or Gowdy or Rubio or Lee!

What is wrong with these people? What on Earth has become of the Republican party? If they do not begin to stand up to the vicious media and conspiratorial left, we will be left to the devices of shameless pols like Schumer, Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, etc., etc. There are too many Democrats who are non compos mentis, yet the Republicans are letting them have their way with us all.

By now, eight months into the Trump administration, conservatives have to admit that their elected representatives in Congress do not actually represent them. They are excellent at one thing: capitulation to the left. These yellow-bellies who are pretend conservatives need to either step up to the plate or resign and let new and legitimate conservatives take their places.

http://www.americanthinker.com...ss_so_spineless.html

-rduckwor

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
For much different reasons in respect to each party, I loathe both. One for their agenda and policies, the other for the lack of doing anything. I'm amazed they have control of the house, senate and POTUS and can't do jack shit? All I have seen so far is more firearms (VEPR) taken away. I know that's largely Count Blackenstein's fault but for f sakes do something about this.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our political class is at war with America. If they defeat Trump and his agenda we'll always be slaves to our political masters.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
To many RINO's still left.

John McCain and his kind need to go away!

Why is it we have RINO's but no DINO's?
Democrats are very committed to their party.
Well both sides benefit from expanding and growing government. It puts more power in Washington and therefore in their hands. Of course the republicans are supposed to be the party of limited government so they can't admit it

Very perceptive, chellimi.

RINO: Let's let go of this label. There are the original Republicans, Reaganites, and now Tea Party Conservatives. Who owns the GOP? One or the other needs to leave the GOP and form their own party.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The TEA Party needs to replace the republicans

we have a TEA Party president but are stuck with republicans in the senate and house

those are the ones that need to be replaced

it will be easier to remove and replace republicans because they've shown themselves to be spineless chickenshits

democrats will put up a fight, but republicans will simply roll over and wonder what day it is

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I hope they get up an find their ability to get shit done.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
McConnell Criticized For Pelosi-Like Tactics On Health Bill

August 1, 2017

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is facing questions about his leadership after the Obamacare repeal debacle. Many Republican senators are criticizing McConnell’s strategy of crafting the bill in secret without input from members of the GOP caucus.

Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), a consistent no vote on health care reform, said that she was often in the dark about what the most current version of the bill contained and lamented that she didn’t have time to study the draft legislation before voting.

In a situation reminiscent of Nancy Pelosi’s statement that Congress needed to vote on Obamacare to see what was in it, Murkowski told The Hill that, under McConnell, it was like “It’s 10 o’clock and we’re going to vote on it in two hours, what do you think, gang?”

John McCain (R-Ariz.), who cast the deciding vote to kill the healthcare bill, cited the secrecy surrounding the drafting of the bill as a reason to vote against it. McCain said in a statement, “We’ve tried to do this by coming up with a proposal behind closed doors in consultation with the administration, then springing it on skeptical members, trying to convince them it’s better than nothing, asking us to swallow our doubts and force it past a unified opposition. I don’t think that is going to work in the end. And it probably shouldn’t.”

Other senators agreed with Murkowski’s criticism of the closed-door drafting of the legislation. In June, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) said in a Facebook video, “Even though I’ve been a member of this working group among Senate Republicans assigned to help narrow some of the focus of this, I haven’t seen the bill.”

“And it has become increasingly apparent in the last few days that even though we thought we were going to be in charge of writing a bill within this working group, it’s not being written by us,” Lee continued. “It’s apparently being written by a small handful of staffers for members of the Republican leadership in the Senate.”

Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) went further a few weeks later. After a report by the Washington Post that McConnell told moderate Republicans that Medicaid cuts in the bill would not happen because they are so far into the future, Johnson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that McConnell’s comments were a “breach of trust.”

Even without arousing the anger and suspicion of Republican senators, there was always a narrow window to pass an Obamacare reform bill. The Republican majority of only two votes meant that McConnell “needed to pitch a perfect game,” one senator told The Hill. “Unfortunately, he pitched a two-hitter,” the senator continued.

The criticism doesn’t mean that McConnell’s leadership will be challenged anytime soon. No Republicans are stepping up to contest the Kentucky Republican’s position at the helm of the Senate. As Republican failures mount, that could change.

It is widely expected that the next step for the GOP is to tackle tax reform, an issue that faces many of the same challenges as healthcare reform. If Republicans use the budget reconciliation to avoid a Democrat filibuster, permanent changes would have to be scored as not adding to the deficit by the Congressional Budget Office. As with the healthcare bill, Republican moderates will be under intense pressure from the media and Democrats and it will only take three Republican defections to kill the bill since no Democrats are expected to vote yes.

After six months of stinging defeats in Congress, Republicans badly need a legislative victory to shore up the conservative base. Republican voters are angry at what they see as a betrayal of one of the party’s core promises. If Republicans can show no results from their majorities in both houses of Congress, Republican voters may stay home in November 2018. That could imperil McConnell’s position as majority leader even more surely than a revolt among Republican senators.

http://theresurgent.com/mcconn...tics-on-health-bill/

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
I am sick of all of them. Republicans. Democrats. The entire shitty mess.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this really surprising to anyone?

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And yet the results would have been completely different if we had just 3 RINOs less in the Senate; much less if we had 60 conservative Republican senators. There is no alternative to the GOP; we need to work harder to primary "mavericks" like McCain. There is no excuse for his behavior.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
They are not what we thought and we are not as free as we were told. It has taken 4 election cycles to get this far. Apparently we are not done cleaning house. There's something nasty in the woodshed....

“Freedom’s an illusion. We all live in prisons of our own making.” ― Skye Warren, Hear Me

DF, despite our choice of prison, we are not here because we are free. We are here because we are not free.

Still, clearly, there is enough "nasty in the woodshed...." that needs dispatching , such as the like thus far we have not seen.

Hey, I can dream.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post