SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The first "celebrity" you met in person...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The first "celebrity" you met in person... Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Jack Dempsey. I met him at his restaurant in NYC as a kid. It also happened to be his birthday. When they served his famous cheesecake to him for his celebration, he had a piece sent to me at my table.

He was a class act, and made a small boy feel 10 feet tall.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Shaq. He was finishing up at LSU and had just been drafted by the Lakers when we first worked on a vehicle for him. Over the years he came by several different times. He was always very nice, and liked to joke around. When I've seen him on TV, it seems to me that his real personality is showing.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Casey Jones & Roundhouse Rodney

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was in grad school at The Univ of Texas I was on a student welcoming committee. Met several high level execs of the time, Chancellor for the London Bank, Michel Dell.....my favorite was however George W Bush...his dad was President at that time and he was a Managing Partner for the Texas Rangers. I spent several hours with him as he gave a lecture to the MBA class and then we went to n alumni luncheon where he spoke again. So I got to have an extended one on one conversation with him. He said that he had no interest in pursuing politics but all conversations led to public policy and politics. When I got home I told my wife I was going to vote for him when he ran.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I worked with Gordon Jump when I was a child.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artie Johnson at the Yakima Ridge Runners Jeep bowl race.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I was hanging out with Playmates by the age of 16.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I ran into Dustin Ellerman at SHOT show a few years back, and had a small, but good conversation confirming how great of a person he is. He was one of the only people I really cared to meet at SHOT that year. there's probably a few others I'd add to the list now, but hey.

I've not really ran into any other celebrities that I can remember though. I'm not one who really cares too much about those in the limelight.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Henry Kissinger and Spiro Agnew

Brother was an infant and admitted into Bethesda

I was almost 9 yrs old wandering around the hospital grounds and went to check out the helicopter land.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Based on the fact I don't recognize 90% of the names you all mentioned, I could have then bump into me on the street and not be any wiser : )

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I was at UT with Farrah Fawcett, Tommy Nobis, Linda Johnson and met her dad a few times. I met and dealt with Gov. John Connally several times. Senator Tower, too. I had a nice chat with Senator Goldwater in San Antonio in 1963.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Mr. Charlie Hustle himself, Pete Rose - Cincinnati, 1973. Although, to be honest, he was more interested in talking to the ladies than a 6 year old fan.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I worked with Gordon Jump when I was a child.

Were you on WKRP?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
I meet Harry Truman at his library and Duke Snider the next day at a game. Too bad that at twelve years old, I did not appreciate the great opportunity I had.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met two time Heisman trophy winner Archie Griffin at a Kroger store. He is a very nice man, very humble and classy. I was maybe ten or twelve and I will never forget it.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prince Philip. Although too young to remember. I was barely 2.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was at UT with Farrah Fawcett, Tommy Nobis, Linda Johnson and met her dad a few times. I met and dealt with Gov. John Connally several times. Senator Tower, too. I had a nice chat with Senator Goldwater in San Antonio in 1963.

I am impressed. Considering your heritage, I cannot believe you never met Darrell Royal.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arnold Schwarzenegger. I met him in 77-78. He didn't speak much English, but was a pretty big dude.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
John Elway during his very first season with the Broncos. He was in Toys R Us at Southglenn Mall and maybe even more memorable was his bright red Ferrari 308 GTS was in the parking lot. I was probably in 6th or 7th grade at the time. He looked like an absolute giant.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob Hope on Okinawa in 1971.

Paul Tibbets (Pilot that dropped bomb on Hiroshima), shot sporting clays with him in Ohio back in early 1990's.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post