SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    9th Circuit Court of Appeals judge Stephen Reinhardt dies at 87
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9th Circuit Court of Appeals judge Stephen Reinhardt dies at 87 Login/Join 
posted
Good news for the ninth.

Link

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
one down...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Trump can start the rebalancing of the ninth now.

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
About time.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Hope it was contagious!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
General Phil Sheridan comes to mind.

"The only good leftist..."

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Isn't Trey Gowdy looking for work soon? Have Trump sit Trey on the 9th right there in San Fransisco. That would be epic

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I can't see Trey Gowdy liking San Francisco or living in Commiefornia, aka New New Mexico.

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
At the rate the Senate is confirming new judges, Gowdy would be dead before they get to him.

It looks like there are 6 or 7 unfilled judgeships in the 9th circuit, some as far back as 2015.

There are about 150 unfilled judgships nationally. 54 have nominations to fill them, and they are languishing.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good Bye.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Somehow, I can't see Trey Gowdy liking San Francisco or living in Commiefornia, aka New New Mexico.

Can he telecommute? Like, Skype or something?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
At the rate the Senate is confirming new judges, Gowdy would be dead before they get to him.

It looks like there are 6 or 7 unfilled judgeships in the 9th circuit, some as far back as 2015.

There are about 150 unfilled judgships nationally. 54 have nominations to fill them, and they are languishing.

Don’t they usually pick up the pace over the summer?

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, sad news. Roll Eyes

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
take a guess at who is stonewalling, and take another guess as to who is letting them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
One down 14 to go.
Some of these old farts were nominated by Nixon and Carter...
Obama really stacked the deck, though
https://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/c...php?pk_id=0000000035

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Good. Everytime a leftist dies an angel gets its wings.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
AMF

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Good. Everytime a leftist dies an angel gets its wings.

Lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now he'll see what it's like to be judged by a real conservative.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post