SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Prime day deals 7/16-7/17
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime day deals 7/16-7/17 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Amazon prime day deals is on. 36 hour sale this time, compared to 24 hours sale last time.

Post up any good deals that like minded Sig Forum folks might appreciate.

This Acer Aspire desktop is a very good deal for $299. Add it to the cart to get $60 off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
i get sad puppies every time I click on the deals banner.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
went in to look and I just keeps taking be back to the banner page. Can't look at any products.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
App isn’t working and I am getting a lot of errors on the website. I am guessing they have an overload. I did see those life straws for $10 though Smile

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I just picked this up:
Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD for $155 - prime day special.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Ha!

Amazon knows it is in the doghouse over Prime Day glitch.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/...sh-on-prime-day2018/

quote:
What makes this situation so tragic is that Amazon worked extremely hard to manage its Prime Day from end to end. Every update was carefully scrutinized and media outlets like Digital Trends were placed under strict embargoes to prevent leaks about Prime Day Deals ahead of their official announcement. Unfortunately, by trying to keep the cat in the bag, it appears Amazon’s manufactured urgency has backfired on the company, sending far more shoppers to its pages than it can handle.

It should also be pointed out that Amazon Web Services is itself a critical component in the backbone of the internet.
dt-video-embed id=“1406425” graphic=“1″ loop=“1”]

Unfortunately, it appears as if the glitch is really a tremendous hit to Amazon’s entire online retail presence. Digital Trends employees attempted to purchase non-prime items and ended up in an endless loops of “shop all our deals” prompts. Presently, it is not possible to check out at Amazon.com.

Given the scale of the issue, it is unclear how deeply this could impact Amazon, let alone the Prime Day Event. Digital Trends will monitor the situation and let you know when Amazon is once again ready to take your money. Hopefully, for Amazon, that won’t take too long.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Good, it's not just me.
The Fire TV + HD antennae is a great deal at $38.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Good, it's not just me.
The Fire TV + HD antennae is a great deal at $38.

Yes great deal for the Fire TV Ultra 4K and HD antennae package deal. I bought one as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N...ef_=fs_ods_fs_smp_ne

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Pretty serious screw-up on Amazon's part. Promote the livin' hell out of your event, then supply inadequate resources to actually handle the demand.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I hope the deals are better than what they've turned WOOT into. Woot is the same garbage day after day ever since Amazon took over. "But the descriptions are hilarious." Yeah I guess, but they were worth reading back when WOOT actually had cool shit for sale.

Most of what Amazon advertises as great deals is garbage, and while their gold box deals were epic at one point, they have become an obvious attempt at liquidating stale inventory, just like WOOT.

It's a shame really. Try to find something in their "deals" section that isn't garbage herbal/holistic/dietary, or garbage electronics that you'd probably find in Walmart. Seriously? This is a good deal? ?

Hey while you're here, why not pick up an Amazon Listening Device for your house?

It's like they're doing you a favor by having a garage sale.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Amazon prime day deals is on. 36 hour sale this time, compared to 24 hours sale last time.

Post up any good deals that like minded Sig Forum folks might appreciate.

This Acer Aspire desktop is a very good deal for $299. Add it to the cart to get $60 off.

I got this PCs big brother last November. The main differences were 12GB RAM, 2TB HDD, and i5 7G. It's been trouble-free.

EDIT: I thought I'd get one of these, if available, and use it as a Plex server. Nope, still broken. Not gonna sweat it.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Ha!

Amazon knows it is in the doghouse over Prime Day glitch.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/...sh-on-prime-day2018/

Can only imagine what the executive meeting is going to be like at the end of this week, if they're unable to un-fuck themselves.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As one of its Prime Day deals, Amazon takes $5 off book orders of $20 of more via coupon code "PRIMEBOOKS18".

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Are you folks having an impossible time logging into Amazon?

I've been trying off and on for an hour, to no avail.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I can’t even get to their website, much less sign in right now. This does nothing but validate my decision to allow my prime membership to expire in September.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Yep. It is still down.

If you buy a Kindle book you get 30% of the price of that book as a credit to your next purchase.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
2 hours it has been down!! Someone is going to be looking for work.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
It must me a regional thing - I was having issues with my phone app, but no issues on my PC.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Got Citizen watch in my cart. Still deciding whether to pull the trigger.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just scored this deal! A super sweet pocket stroller!

Pockit Lightweight Stroller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D...cp_taa_.hrtBbQ46HPSJ

Jesus, look at me. Celebrating a purchase of a stroller. What has happened?

Quick, someone give me a shot of whiskey! Stat!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post