SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Very BAD Birds video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very BAD Birds video Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We lost a mature cat to a bald eagle a few years ago. The eagle just swooped down and .... bye, bye kitty.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Death from above, impressive!

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The last attacks were pretty wild!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Watching an eagle Gibbs slap a bear was pretty cool

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Here in Middle Tennessee I have personally seen red-tailed hawks carry away snakes (twice), and a squirrel (once). I thought the hawk was really brave to tackle the squirrel (I wouldn't want to)... but I HAVE seen it.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it wrong my 12yo daughter was laughing at the Gazelle (whatever it was) tumbling down the cliff? I thought it was funny, but isn't she supposed to have compassion for critters at that age? Wink

j/k, she loves animals...but it was funny.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Cool video. I've seen some of that footage before, but not all of it.

Eagles are pretty bad-ass. Falconers that train these birds need to be cautious.

Raptors are trained through their appetite and must be hungry before they will hunt game.

A hungry eagle is something to respect.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
The red tails around here are pretty territorial. Hauling off snakes is common (wish they'd focus on the Diamondbacks and leave the gopher snakes alone, but oh well), squirrels are a tasty treat though they get a lot more of the ones we've shot than live ones. The impressive thing was the immature (teenager maybe) golden eagle I found with one wing ripped right off at the root. The main carcass and the wing were about 40' apart on the ground. When the mature golden eagle (much bigger) was hanging around for about a week they didn't mess with him/her, but the smaller guys are apparently not welcome at all.

Mother Nature can be rather direct...

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post