SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    any recommendations for an outdoor range within an hour of Tampa ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any recommendations for an outdoor range within an hour of Tampa ? Login/Join 
posted
have relocated here recently -- looking to join a club if that is a possibility

just regular rifle and pistol shooting / training - nothing overly unique like super long-range, NFA etc

any info is appreciated

-----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I belong to this club.

It's a nice place to shoot. Five pistol bays, three rifle ranges, couple of shotgun areas, a "frontier town" for the cowboy stuff.

Several other SIGforum members belong to the club, too.

Contact me through the email address in my profile; it would be my pleasure to host you as a guest at the club, so you can try it out and see if you like it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Wyoming Antelope Club

Hernando Sportsman Club

Heap ton of action shooting between these two if that is also an interest.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
x2 for Eustis Gun Club.

It's worth the drive from Tampa.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have shot skeet at Eustis and found the folks there are friendly and helpful. If you are on the West side of Tampa your best bet is the Wyoming Antelope Club in Pinellas County-easy access of SR 688 and plenty rifle and pistol shooting options to choose from.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
havent been there in a couple of years, but Dade City Rod and Gun has hosted a couple of meet ups in the past.

Where you in Tampa? Email in profile if you want to grab lunch sometime.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Where in Tampa are you. If you are on the western side off I4 the state runs an outdoor range in Lakeland.
It has been a while since I have been there. They had 100 yard rifle that you can place target closer to the shooting bench. They also had pistol bay side that is separate from the rifle range. They also had shot gun range and archery.
The range is called Tenoroc Public Shooting Range. It is run by the Florida fish and Wildlife.
This is their web address.
https://myfwc.com/hunting/safe...ting-ranges/tenoroc/

I meant to say east side of Tampa not west.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
One thing I like about Eustis Gun Club is the way that the pistol bays are arranged.

You (your group if you're shooting with friends) "owns" the pistol bay while you're using it.

You are essentially your own RO, inasmuch as you are responsible for calling the area "hot" (shooting), or "cold" (change targets, etc.).

You can shoot from any distance, from right next to the target(s), out to 20 yards.

You can have multiple targets.

You can draw from the holster and shoot.

You can shoot while you are in motion.

You can shoot as rapidly as you want, as long as you are doing it safely and not getting wild.

Most of the above are not available, or are restricted, at many ranges. The main rule at Eustis is "do it safely."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks gentlemen-

i will be following up with these leads

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post