SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backpack suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backpack suggestions Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Check out Mountainsmith. I use them when I'm on photo trips to carry all the stuff I'd have to either pack in pockets, or sling around my neck. They are considered a premium pack.

https://www.mountainsmith.com

I carried a Mountainsmith pack with me during my Forest Service career. It served as both hunting and survival pack. I would call it a weekender size pack. Couldn’t ask for more. I don’t see it in the line of packs any longer, but the “Grand Tour” model looks to be about the same size.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I purchased my Tom Bihn Synapse 25 back in August of 2013. I more than likely got the idea from here. I use it all the time. I like / love the front water bottle holders on each side. Inside, lots of places to store. Three more pockets on the front outside. Still going strong. I paid ($170) $180 shipped back then. Just checked and it went up a whopping ten dollars.

That's the one I went for. They have different sizes.

From the website:

Made in the USA Since 1972

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the recommendation of checking eBags - I have the eBags Professional Slim Junior which I use everyday. The feature I love most is the admin pouch opens to the side and I am in that section daily and appreciate the feature. It also has a top pouch I put my passport, passes, readers and kindle in. The slim does not have TSA easy open for laptop but the other eBags models do and in larger sizes.

I travel 6-10 times a year now but as someone who spent years as a full time traveler weekly I wish I had come across this bag sooner. I shamelessly admit that I have owned numerous backpacks over the years but can say without reservation the eBag has been top notch. I am not easy on a backpack and the one I currently own the last couple years has held up exceedingly well - enough so that I do not even switch it up with my Everki Titan anymore when I travel for short trips for a bit extra room for a few changes of clothes and instead just carry a second overnight bag just because the eBag fits the primary role so well.

If anything I may at some point get rid of my Everki and get the larger eBag backback for more room for when I do travel as I like on short 2-3 day trips to take one bag.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I have a Camelbak Mule that I use daily. Holds all my first aid supplies, extra battery for phone, charging cables, trackball, speaker etc... Also has a stretch pocket that holds my rainjacket and hat. Being a Camelbak it also has space for a 2 liter bladder as well.

Very convenient size.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I spent a few months and a few dollars checking out bags for the same purpose. Vertx makes an incredible product. The Gamut is a little large in my opinion for an EDC backpack. They make an EDC Ready pack that was almost perfect, but it lacked a little bit of "cargo" room. I wound up buying and keeping a 5.11 Covrt 18 bag. I dont think its as nice/classy/refined as the Vertx line of bags, but for my intended use it worked slighty better.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed beating up this cheapy. Look at the reviews.
https://lapolicegear.com/diplo...3-day-backpack1.html

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Vertx Gamut

It's a big ass bag though.

Really, I have the regular size and it's not that big. It's also filled with discrete pockets/storage compartments. You can get 25% off from the main site or wait until there are Sales at dvor.com

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post