SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do we get rid of a 23' cabin cruiser that is in disrepair?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do we get rid of a 23' cabin cruiser that is in disrepair? Login/Join 
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Paint "US Navy" on the side and park it in a bay. You can damn well bet somebody will plow into it.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Maxsold.com Seller managed catalog. One item sale/auction.

Email me for details. You ll get 70% back after the commission. They handle all the media and bidding. You watch and handle the client coming to you to pick it up.

No really!

Or the back hoe and dumpster...!

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Advertise it on Craig’s list in Arkansas as a nautical garden bed it will sell.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Perfect example of when an OP is doing a grave disservice by not telling the rest of the story....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i would tow it out to sea and use it for target practice

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
That Volvo outdrive might still be good. I'd pull the drive and trim cylinders and strip anything else of value like the helm, throttle controls, and seat bases and put them on craigslist. The hull itself is due for a date with the dump.Then sell the trailer. Used single axle boat trailers have little value but I think you'd be able to get $600-800 out of a tandem axle trailer.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:

With all the people losing their guns in boating accidents, I'd be leary of this method. Don't become another boating accident statistic!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:

With all the people losing their guns in boating accidents, I'd be leary of this method. Don't become another boating accident statistic!

wow didn't know that was a thing just take some shotguns with deer slugs

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Is the motor worth anything?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Don't we have a member who manages yachts?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Don't we have a member who manages yachts?

I already gave him my 2 cents and posted on page 2 of the thread. If you put it for sale and ask money for it, like $500 on craigslist, more people will look at it....the first one that offers anything for it, take the money and run. Free generally doesn't generate much interest as people feel there is nothing of value in the boat.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony - how's the boat???

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
His sister paid somebody $600 to get rid of it. For pete's sake.

Wink

"That was me. I'm in Portland, OR and the boat was in Fresno, CA. It was my dad's old boat and he died a while back. It was a 23' cabin cruiser. I just asked my sister if she got rid of it and she did but she never told me.

I threw out all the suggestions you guys gave me (including the hole-saw and gasoline/match solutions) and she opted to have a junk company get rid of it.

Apparently it cost $600 and they hauled it away and cut it up into pieces.

Tony."

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
His sister paid somebody $600 to get rid of it. For pete's sake.

Wink

"That was me. I'm in Portland, OR and the boat was in Fresno, CA. It was my dad's old boat and he died a while back. It was a 23' cabin cruiser. I just asked my sister if she got rid of it and she did but she never told me.

I threw out all the suggestions you guys gave me (including the hole-saw and gasoline/match solutions) and she opted to have a junk company get rid of it.

Tony."

That was a mistake.

Here's the right way to get rid of the SS Hoop-D:

1) Put the boat in the water.
2) Run it aground/sink it in some spectacular fashion.
3) Claim the sum total of your life savings was in that boat.
4) Start a gofundme page for yourself.
5) Watch how fast fools and their money can be separated.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn’t update the thread.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They were very entertaining!

As I said in the “what to do with a junk car” thread......

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I've got a sister like that too!

Probably not a bad solution all in all, and it's gone!

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I've got a sister like that too!

Probably not a bad solution all in all, and it's gone!

Yup! And it was paid for by "the estate" and not really out of anyone's pocket.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk to a local demolition contractor. It's about 15 minutes work for his excavator, about a yard of debris in his 20 to 40 yard truck, and several hundred pounds of scrap iron for him to sell to the recycler.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
That boat is a bad deal for anyone that gets it. It would take many thousands of dollars to fix. Even if it was free, it would be a terrible deal.

When I was a cop, people would just dump these off at donation sites after hours (Homeless coalition, Red Cross, Goodwill) which is a nightmare. The donation sites don't want it, the tow companies wont tow it away, and the last registered owner claims that they sold it 7 years ago and fuck off.

Best course of action is putting it on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace and HOPING some schlub comes and picks it up for $200.

Edit- just saw that you paid $600 to have a junk company demolish it. Thats life.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post