SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do we get rid of a 23' cabin cruiser that is in disrepair?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do we get rid of a 23' cabin cruiser that is in disrepair? Login/Join 
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take it to the range.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
Boat Angel

They are really picky about what they will take...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a lien, gas o lien

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Backhoe and big dumpster.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should be able to sell it on Craigslist. I think the boat and trailer would sell for $1,000.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Hole saw?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I had a 19 footer in about the same shape. I cobbled a frame with a pulley system to hoist out the engine assembly. Put it in the back of my pickup, along with the out-drive and fuel tank, and steering hardware.

Sold them for scrap.

Then used carbide blade in my skill saw to cut up the fiberglass hull and then hauled it to the land fill.

Took a couple of days, but worth it.

Same fate for the hot tub we had in the basement. It developed a leak from underneath which we were told would cost 2-3 $K to fix.

Cut the sucker up and took it to the land fill.

Just make sure to wear eye and breathing protection when cutting fiberglass, if any is involved.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'd ask on some boat forums.
I'll share this on bbc.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
You could loose it with your guns in a boating accident...

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
In Florida.. you insure it heavily.. then tie it with a piece of String during a Storm. It will float off. there are hundreds of boats floating loose in the canal system in fla.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Great Karma!

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Advertise it in Hollywood area magazines/ ads as a prop for special effects.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
Great Karma!

You win. Please contact OP at your earliest convenience. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Maybe that Lethal Weapon TV show will buy it in order to have something to blow up?

Title the boat "SS Michael Bay"

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure its even acceptable as a donation - its not a seaworthy looking vessel based on your description

it may be that the best bed it to put it up on Craigslist for $200 - hell if you can buy toenail clippings on Craigslist you mist be able to sell a floating target

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Hmm...floating target.
Ask the Navy if they want to use it for practice.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Craigslist, ask $500.....when someone comes to look at it, see what they say.....then just tell them to go down the street and buy you a 24 pack of beer and they can have it! Some things are still worth money....outdrive.....trailer....etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Craigslist- You Haul for Free. You might get lucky.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
1) Park it in a tow away zone and forget about it.
2) Find some drunk Navy sailors that want some target practice on the high seas. Big Grin They've been pretty good at hitting other boats lately.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post