SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Getcher Hot, Hot Hot Steam'n Suthurn Biscuts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getcher Hot, Hot Hot Steam'n Suthurn Biscuts Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Fresh outta the oven, hot southern biscuts

Slap on some butter and watch it melt into hot tasty goodness,

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Add a little honey too, please.

They look great!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Yeah could really go for some of those now with honey... save a few for sausage gravy in the morning.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have some smoked sausage patties for in the AM, or noon, maybe a snack later......

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slather some bacon jam on those. Yum!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm sensing some Bisquick cheating there.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Those are just screaming for sausage gravy. Close your eyes. Hear it? Screaming I say.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
mm hhhmm, biscuits with some mustard on them. hmmm

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Apple butter...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post

HRK, they look good! I don't make homemade unless I have overnight company. Grands frozen biscuits are as good as Hardees and you can make just 1 if you can't control yourself. Tupelo honey goes real good with bisquits.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Add a little honey too, please.

They look great!
Molasses! Needs Sorghum molasses! (And not buttermilk biscuits--I hate buttermilk.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'll pile on.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like the only thing southern was the can was popped in Florida.

I'd be happy too eat one but them's not biscuits...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Nice. I'll pile on.

Those look like the biscuits that I grew up with, and still crave with sausage gravy.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Looks to me like the only thing southern was the can was popped in Florida.

I'd be happy too eat one but them's not biscuits...
My mom made dough with Bisquick and whatever else was required and rolled out the dough into a sheet about 3/4" thick, which she then cut into circles with a tin can that had both ends removed. They were baked on a cookie sheet in the oven. I liked them warm and cold; I even liked them the next day when they'd gotten a little more "fight" to them. Our family seldom had sausage gravy to put over them (we were "bacon" folks) but typically used them as the bread with a meal or with molasses/butter mixed together as a dessert.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post