SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army recruit charged after allegedly hijacking school bus with 18 children on board
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army recruit charged after allegedly hijacking school bus with 18 children on board Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
When asked why he joined the Army in the first place, he reportedly replied that he figured he better join up before being drafted.

Seriously, what a damned idiot.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I blame his recruiter

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

there is probably a lot of truth in that, sad to say.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
We lined up at the armory and drew weapons when needed but did not have them on us all the time.

Same here. Seems kind of crazy any other way. "No brass no ammo Sergeant!" doesn't always mean no brass and no ammo.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
The day this story broke the national news reported on this story they reported that this AWOL event was NOT his First AWOL adventure.

A 23-yr old...3-weeks into Basic...and already had gone AWOL once...?

W...T...F

I get that there's always going to be an element that slips through or, their stupid doesn't rise to the surface until later on however, what kind of pre-screening is the Army doing these days? This guy just got there...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 2nd AWOL adventure and only in 3rd week of basic training. Question as to when the 1st attempt happened and was he returned in time to be reinserted with his original basic class or was he recycled into another basic class????? ............... drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
When asked why he joined the Army in the first place, he reportedly replied that he figured he better join up before being drafted.

I have a distant cousin, younger generation, who married young and her 'husband' planned to join the Army. Once in, got through bootcamp, schooling and got posted, the fun began. This guy was so dumb, and had such a hard time while in, he hadn't realized that the Army schedule isn't like the regular world. He didn't know he would be working on weekends and odd hours of the night/morning. So dumb... Roll Eyes
They divorced within a few years.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the children peppered Collazo with questions, he became frustrated and stopped a few minutes later releasing everyone off the bus,.[/QUOTE]

First: He is a true idiot.
Second: What a pussy, couldn't even take my regular day on the job. Driving a bus with kids asking questions and I bet they weren't jumping around and yelling, claping, screatching.

What kind of mental misfit special snowflake is this jackass?

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post