SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Iowa family found dead inside vacation condo in Mexico
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iowa family found dead inside vacation condo in Mexico Login/Join 
posted
The story says no foul play suspected??? Here is the story:
CRESTON, Iowa -- A family of four reported missing after they did not return home on Wednesday from their vacation in Mexico have been found dead inside their vacation condo, according to WHO-TV.

In a police press release, officers confirmed the four members of the family were found dead inside the condo.

Investigators do not suspect foul play at this time.

"Autopsies are being performed in Mexico and results are pending," Creston police said in a statement.

The family was reported missing early Friday morning when relatives told police they never returned home from vacation.

Police entered the family's names into a nationwide database. On Friday, a member of the U.S. State Department visited the condominium for a welfare check and found the bodies of Kevin Wayne Sharp, 41, his wife Amy Marie Sharp, 38, Sterling Wayne Sharp, 12, and 7-year-old Adrianna Marie Sharp.

The family was scheduled to return to the U.S. on a flight to St. Louis on March 21 and attend the Southwest Community College basketball game in Danville, Illinois on Thursday.

Ashli Peterson, a family friend who originally shared a post on Facebook asking for information about the family's whereabouts, updated her post saying all four family members were found deceased in their condo.

"The Sharps have been located. They were found last night in their condo deceased. There was no foul play! At this time that is all the information we have."

LINK:http://wgntv.com/2018/03/23/iowa-family-found-dead-inside-vacation-condo-in-mexico/

Carbon Monoxide from a faulty furnace?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

That would be my first guess...if indeed there is no foul play involved...sad story.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So because they suffered “no foul play” in Mexico, that makes it a story to share internationally?

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Daily Mail claims it was a carbon monoxide leak.

Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...eported-missing.html

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Terrible, one more reason to not go there.
What a tragedy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
When we were planning our vacation this year the wife asked if I had a destination in mind. I said, “Not Mexico.” I got an exasperated look until I showed her the number of kidnappings and attacks happening even at resorts. This is just another reason I was right to refuse going to that shithole.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad.

There was another family that died earlier this year, in AZ I think, from a faulty furnace in a cabin or condo that they were renting for vacation.

Going forward, I am probably going to bring along on vacations, etc., a combo CO2 / smoke detector that is battery and plug-in operated.

Seems like cheap and sensible insurance for the prevention of such a tragedy.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Do I recall there was a family poisoned by the exterminator just a few years ago?

Yup, here it is. Caribbean vacation.

poisoned

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2004 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
When we were planning our vacation this year the wife asked if I had a destination in mind. I said, “Not Mexico.” I got an exasperated look until I showed her the number of kidnappings and attacks happening even at resorts. This is just another reason I was right to refuse going to that shithole.

Wife and I vacation seperatly because she loves going to Mexico. She goes with the daughter and daughter in law and another girlfriend so it's a ladies vacation any how. She goes every winter.
I go to North Dakota ice fishing! Smile

I've always warned them about what goes on down there and they aren't really as safe at the resorts as they think they are. But they don't get it.
Do you have a link to any statistics on crime at the resorts?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Mexico is well represented on the list of the most dangerous cities in the world.

Of course with this family from Iowa, could of been simple CO poisoning.

https://www.worldatlas.com/art...es-in-the-world.html

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

The article doesn't say which part of Mexico. Mexico City, at 7000' elevation, would be cool to cold at night, but Baja or the Yucatan would not.

Posts: 27926 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

The article doesn't say which part of Mexico. Mexico City, at 7000' elevation, would be cool to cold at night, but Baja or the Yucatan would not.

I saw a different story last night about this that said it was an oceanfront resort. I wondered about the C0 from a furnance, but my wife pointed out that it could also have been from a gas powered stove or hot water heater.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Anyone who opts to vacation in Mejico needs a frontal lobotomy.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ship we were on made a stop in Cozumel (not far from where this happened) last week. They did have some unusually cooler weather down there earlier last week.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Wife and I vacation seperatly because she loves going to Mexico. She goes with the daughter and daughter in law and another girlfriend so it's a ladies vacation any how. She goes every winter.
I go to North Dakota ice fishing! Smile

I've always warned them about what goes on down there and they aren't really as safe at the resorts as they think they are. But they don't get it.
Do you have a link to any statistics on crime at the resorts?

Show her the proper literature to support your position in the form of a substantial Term-Life policy naming you as beneficiary Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

I saw a different story last night about this that said it was an oceanfront resort. I wondered about the C0 from a furnance, but my wife pointed out that it could also have been from a gas powered stove or hot water heater.
Or refrigerator?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Investigators do not suspect foul play at this time.

I'm a bit skeptical.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Shit happens. Funny how so many people are convinced otherwise. Either way it's quite tragic.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tulum is on the coast, just south of Cozumel. This is the Caribbean, south of Havana and slightly west. I would find it unusual that persons from Iowa would want to turn on a heater there. Smaller hotels probably have no heat, just A/C if they have that.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/ar...hile-on-12778720.php

Last month, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel published an investigation that identified more than 150 reports from travelers who said they blacked out or became violently ill after having just one or two drinks at dozens of Mexican resorts in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Puerta Vallarta and Los Cabos. It's unclear whether those tourists were deliberately drugged or became random victims of tainted alcohol, according to the investigation.

Personally I would think it more likely that they were drugged, so that they could be robbed rather than died of CO poisoning. I spent a year down south of the border, and I know that there is no shortage of crime and corruption in Mexico.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'll bet a dollar it is CO.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post