SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sikorsky's small helicopter candidate for US Army runs test flight in AL today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sikorsky's small helicopter candidate for US Army runs test flight in AL today Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
As the title says....Sikorsky's small helicopter submission to the US Army flew today in Huntsville.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/0...n-alabama-today.html

That thing looks S L E E K.

I know nothing about helicopters but have always been fascinated with them and flying them.

Any thoughts on this beast ....

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The future version of this:

https://www.army.mil/article/2...ay_ahead_of_its_time

Looks mean!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Raider X looks impressive. However it is relatively wide, a step back compared to the narrow Apache.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Neat. It looks like someone put a Blackhawk in the dryer.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
No matter what, it’s old and slow, but I still love the Huey, the sound of it coming in is just a special kind of music you can’t get out of your head.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Cue the AF getting butt-hurt because the Army is getting a pusher chopper. Perhaps, like the AH-56, this will make the AF take CAS seriously and keep the A-10 flying.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
The Raider X looks impressive. However it is relatively wide, a step back compared to the narrow Apache.

Well it's an SxS instead of an O/U Razz

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Cue the AF getting butt-hurt because the Army is getting a pusher chopper. Perhaps, like the AH-56, this will make the AF take CAS seriously and keep the A-10 flying.

A-10 Re-winging Complete Will Keep the Warthog in the Air Until Late 2030s

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thank you for sharing.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post