SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone here lose a Mercedes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here lose a Mercedes? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
It may be in Utah.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=438366...ing-from-auto-hauler

quote:
COALVILLE, Summit County — Utah Highway Patrol troopers came across an unusual sight early Tuesday morning.

According to a UHP spokesman, troopers found an abandoned classic Mercedes with some damage to it on the left side of I-80 in the Echo Canyon area around 4:00 a.m. Initially, responders were not sure if there had been any victims. Eventually, they determined the car had fallen from an auto hauler.

"Apparently the straps came off the wheels, and it went off the back like you see in movies," said Tommy Moore, co-owner of Moore's Towing, "hit the wall and then just came to a stop in the middle of the road."

Moore's Towing recovered the classic car. Moore was amazed at how little damage the incident had done to the vehicle.

"It's amazing that it came off of that auto transport and landed like that and never rolled or something," Moore said.

There was damage to the right front and right rear parts of the car, but Moore said it should be repairable, assuming the owner could find parts.

Moore was also thankful the incident didn't hurt any other drivers.

"That could've come out one across hit somebody else come in the other direction and been an absolute catastrophe," he said.

A UHP spokesman said the car came off a trailer from LVIV Express, Inc., but it had not located the car's owner.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
but it had not located the car's owner.

I wonder if they tried running the plates. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
its the car from the Hangover

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Engineered like no other car...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
its the car from the Hangover

Vegas, baby.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Those stacked headlight units are around $2500 each...

You are looking at an easy 10K fix there...without the paint, that is.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I would imagine there is a lot more damage than we see in that picture. Hard to believe a situation like that would not bend the frame.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's a damn shame. Frown

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
I would imagine there is a lot more damage than we see in that picture. Hard to believe a situation like that would not bend the frame.

Let's not forget this was likely in Park, so, there's gonna be some fun in the trans/brakes as well.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Wow - that's an older one (1970's), with the awesome big chrome grill and remarkably has it's hood ornament intact - usually those were often stolen/ripped off.

If you note through "modernization", the grills got smaller and smaller and the hood ornament was replaced by an unremovable badge.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Germans always have been good at building tanks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post