SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Some Police Officers simply aren't "gun people"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Police Officers simply aren't "gun people" Login/Join 
Picture of JohnnyD
posted
AC26 and I attend a lot of the gun shows in the Dallas area, and we are used to the routine of the Police Officers checking and putting zip ties on our pistols as we enter the show. Rightly so. The show we attended yesterday was the same routine, however...

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Haha. What show was this?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong there. Nothing wrong at all. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
WTF-wow, really?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll follow this thread until one of your famous Texas LE explains this.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That's funny and sad at the same time. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Haha. What show was this?

I'd rather not say. I in no way want to disrespect the Police. I thank the Lord for them. But what's even more funny is that AC26 and I didn't even notice until we left the show and were about to cut the ties off. Eek

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Well technically they did secure them....they secured the slide from falling off and on the 2nd......nope I got nuthin

From watching these guys in the past they normally seem so bored you were lucky they didn't zip tie themselves

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Do you keep the loaded mag from the gun in your pocket? Assuming these are carry guns and you have to unload entering the show.

Maybe the officer was just helping you out. Wink wink. Here we zip tied them as required but if something really happens you can load up and rock and roll.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
98% of PO's are not gun people. At least today.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm laughing on the inside!

Unfortunately, I've seen this here too.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
M&P = new low grip technique, high grip is so 2019.

Glock = increases the slide to rails pressure so that increased accuracy may or may not happen.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They need longer ty-raps.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’m hoping they did that on purpose since they don’t agree with disarming folks entering the show. I really doubt they know that little about firearms.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
We're the only ones here professional enough to zip tie these guns.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
M&P = new low grip technique, high grip is so 2019.

No that's not right. The Shield has a grip safety that only works when it's *not* depressed.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Definitely a silent “protest” at the absurdity of the policy on the officers part.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Definitely a silent “protest” at the absurdity of the policy on the officers part.

Obviously. I mean, what's stopping someone from simply cutting the wire tie off after entering?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with police officers not being gun people, but they do need to understand how a gun works and how to secure it.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post