SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Some Police Officers simply aren't "gun people"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Police Officers simply aren't "gun people" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
This needs to be retired. Permanently

'Overused' does not even begin to describe it.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
It's gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first thought was they knew exactly what they were doing.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was their way to say that is a bull shit policy. I wouldn't say anything about it either.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve never declared a carry gun at a gun show. I just walk in like I do anywhere else

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the problem? Usually the purpose of a zip tie check at a gunshow is to indicate that the gun has been checked for clear, not to disable it.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with police officers not being gun people, but they do need to understand how a gun works and how to secure it.

I agree.
The just need to be proficient in their use as a tool.
Don't care whether they are in to them or not.
Guns are for "their" protection - it's up to them to use them effectively.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
What's the problem? Usually the purpose of a zip tie check at a gunshow is to indicate that the gun has been checked for clear, not to disable it.

So far this is the most logical -- LE checked and "allowed entry"

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
It could be their own private joke....

Kind of like the big giant ties like this that Delta wraps (sometimes) around your checked bag that has a firearm in it so that you can't open it... unlock the case... load the gun and pull it out and shoot everyone in the airport....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Definitely a silent “protest” at the absurdity of the policy on the officers part.

Obviously. I mean, what's stopping someone from simply cutting the wire tie off after entering?

Exactly my thoughts as well.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Well it has to be zip-tied for safety, you know to protect the children and because global warming and stuff

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They were told to zip tie them and they did. Mission accomplished.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Different opinion. They may think this is a quiet protest for a shit detail but fuck them if that’s their answer. They are getting paid right? Yes someone can remove a zip tie and load up inside but that doesn’t protect anyone from a loaded gun that wasn’t checked. Zip tie like that and there is no way to guarantee the g7n is unloaded.

Same advice I give to all my kids. No matter how shitty your job is, try to do it well.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
We're the only ones here professional enough to zip tie these guns.

Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You have got to be shitting me! That is some class A dumbassery!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post