This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9280053564

January 12, 2020, 02:27 PM
parabellum
Some Police Officers simply aren't "gun people"
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
This needs to be retired. Permanently

'Overused' does not even begin to describe it.
January 12, 2020, 02:34 PM
kz1000
It's gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
January 12, 2020, 02:43 PM
berto
My first thought was they knew exactly what they were doing.
January 12, 2020, 03:56 PM
2012BOSS302
Maybe it was their way to say that is a bull shit policy. I wouldn't say anything about it either.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
January 12, 2020, 06:30 PM
limblessbiff
I’ve never declared a carry gun at a gun show. I just walk in like I do anywhere else
January 12, 2020, 06:51 PM
bigwagon
What's the problem? Usually the purpose of a zip tie check at a gunshow is to indicate that the gun has been checked for clear, not to disable it.
January 12, 2020, 06:59 PM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with police officers not being gun people, but they do need to understand how a gun works and how to secure it.

I agree.
The just need to be proficient in their use as a tool.
Don't care whether they are in to them or not.
Guns are for "their" protection - it's up to them to use them effectively.
January 14, 2020, 02:52 PM
Tinyman
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
What's the problem? Usually the purpose of a zip tie check at a gunshow is to indicate that the gun has been checked for clear, not to disable it.

So far this is the most logical -- LE checked and "allowed entry"

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on
January 14, 2020, 03:25 PM
Blume9mm
It could be their own private joke....

Kind of like the big giant ties like this that Delta wraps (sometimes) around your checked bag that has a firearm in it so that you can't open it... unlock the case... load the gun and pull it out and shoot everyone in the airport....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
January 14, 2020, 03:30 PM
Yanert98
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Definitely a silent “protest” at the absurdity of the policy on the officers part.

Obviously. I mean, what's stopping someone from simply cutting the wire tie off after entering?

Exactly my thoughts as well.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell
January 14, 2020, 04:15 PM
Sauer Kraut
Well it has to be zip-tied for safety, you know to protect the children and because global warming and stuff
January 14, 2020, 04:54 PM
jhe888
They were told to zip tie them and they did. Mission accomplished.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
January 14, 2020, 04:59 PM
pedropcola
Different opinion. They may think this is a quiet protest for a shit detail but fuck them if that’s their answer. They are getting paid right? Yes someone can remove a zip tie and load up inside but that doesn’t protect anyone from a loaded gun that wasn’t checked. Zip tie like that and there is no way to guarantee the g7n is unloaded.

Same advice I give to all my kids. No matter how shitty your job is, try to do it well.
January 14, 2020, 06:30 PM
Cliff
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
We're the only ones here professional enough to zip tie these guns.

Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

January 14, 2020, 07:36 PM
bubbatime
You have got to be shitting me! That is some class A dumbassery!