SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Smothered Hotdogs With Some Sorta Fries Lunch...With Protection...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smothered Hotdogs With Some Sorta Fries Lunch...With Protection... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
This afternoon I found myself craving a hotdog (actually it started with me thinking about a chili slaw dog from the Varsity which sadly is 2 1/2 hours south of me Frown)...

Soooo...I thawed out a pack of Hebrew Nationals from the freezer...made a quick run to Publix for some buns and while there I bought some frozen french fries I have been seeing on the tube that are supposed to be good cooked in the oven...

Under this mess is a couple of hotdogs on Arnold potato buns, yellow mustard, copious amounts of sweet onion, chili (yes it's canned turkey chili without beans), topped off by some homemade slaw...the frozen fries (Lamb Weston brand) are not that bad cooked on parchment paper, fairly crispy (not as good as real oil fried...but you know, gotta watch those calories Big Grin)...

Now I'm full...the Elsie pea goes back in the pocket for a walk. well. maybe. later.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Looks tasty!

Some sorta fries? GETOUTTAHERE with that. Crinkle fries are the best. Hell, they should be our national french fry (or maybe curly)!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
dammit,

now I will have to go by one of the 2 nearest country stores,,

one does a mean chili dog, the other a mean slaw dog,,,,

may have to get one of each,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Speaking of hot dogs, if anyone is lucky enough to have a Wegmans in the area, Sahlens dogs are the best you can buy anywhere. Amazon sells them at ridiculously high prices because of shipping costs but at the store they are reasonably priced.

While at the store pick up Millers horseradish and kimmelweck rolls. Beef on weck, another Buffalo delicacy.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post