SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New internet challenge pulling guns on each other.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New internet challenge pulling guns on each other. Login/Join 
posted
This happened a couple of miles from where I work.
I thought I have seen stupid before, but this sets a new benchmark.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/...challenge-goes-wrong

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -
Not many people have heard of it, but a dangerous internet challenge is gaining popularity.

According to Memphis Police Department, one of the city's latest shootings stemmed from this challenge.

It's called the No Lackin Challenge.

On YouTube, videos of the No Lackin Challenge show people pulling guns on their friends and their friends pulling out a gun too. However, no one pulls the trigger.

Early Thursday morning, a 17-year-old was shot in the head at E's cafe on Union Avenue.

According to the affidavit, 21-year-old Sherman Lackland was sitting in a booth with two people he knew, playing the No Lackin Challenge when Lackland reportedly accidentally shot his friend.

"A real loud bang, then I see the guy across from him fall in the floor,” said Thomas Fitzpatrick, who was inside the restaurant when the shooting happened.

Fitzpatrick said the three men were all sitting together when the teen was shot. After the shooting, Fitzpatrick said Lackland was visibly upset and distraught.

"He started grabbing him and telling him to get up and then he was kind of mad and was swinging stools and stuff,” Fitzpatrick said.

Lackland is now facing charges after playing a game some say should never be played again.

"That's not what they're made for, and they shouldn't be having guns in the first place,” Rebecca Birch said.

"It's something that you shouldn't tamper with,” West Moore said. “It's too many kids being killed as it is.”

At last check, the victim is in critical condition.

Lackland is charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, and unlawful possession of a weapon.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What?

Posts: 107485 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Wow, this makes eating laundry detergent seem downright reasonable and practical. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Natural selection?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lol this is another one of the "self solving" problems.

If alien life is truely monitoring us we will never have to fear an invasion. They will just wait for us to "self correct" lol.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lackin brains.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or are young people dumber than ever before?

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they were just recreating the incident between Han Solo & Greedo?

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, they pull out loaded pistols and point them at each other for what reason? What's supposed to happen?

These imbeciles need to go back to eating laundry detergent.

Here's the rocket surgeon, just back from the meeting of his local MENSA chapter.

Stoo-pid, son. Stoo-pid. Damn, son.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Is it just me or are young people dumber than ever before?

When I was young they blamed dumbassery on eating lead paint chips.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
It's actually a great idea - do the math. Say, 100 participants: first round, 50 left. Second round, 25 left. Pretty soon, Chicago and Baltimore solved!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
As if this generation really needed to find another way to prove how utterly worthless they are, they give us this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm beginning to think that they should continue to play the game.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bet you could convince these people that playing Russian roulette with an automatic is an easy win lol.

Next internet challenge perhaps?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lackland is charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, and unlawful possession of a weapon.

Unlawful possession? The Hell you say! Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
The quickening. In the end there can be only 1.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2003 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the deceased was an aspiring rapper?

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
It's actually a great idea - do the math. Say, 100 participants: first round, 50 left. Second round, 25 left. Pretty soon, Chicago and Baltimore solved!

Need to start calling it Half Lifin'

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's called the No Lackin Challenge.

Mostly lackin brains, for sure.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Good way to get shot by the Po Po or another CC citizen. Confused

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post