SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You need a laugh: Mike Rowe explains why he is no longer the narrator of 'Ghost Hunters' TV series. **Parabellum you would get a kick out of this**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You need a laugh: Mike Rowe explains why he is no longer the narrator of 'Ghost Hunters' TV series. **Parabellum you would get a kick out of this** Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
So Mike Rowe posted this today - I was guffawing listening to it. Big Grin

Hey Mike - Whatever happened to Ghost Hunters? You were fantastic on that as a narrator. Then you were gone. Is there a story?

Andy Greenberg

Hi Andy

You mean like, a “Ghost Story?” Not really. I was simply fired. Happens all the time. I can’t speak for the network, but I think the decision was based on two issues. First, I don’t believe in ghosts, and I may have said some things publicly that were in "conflict with the overriding ethos of the show." However, the more likely culprit was my increasing inability to get through a script without falling to pieces. Here for instance, is a rough cut from one of the last episodes I recorded. After listening, I’m fairly sure my firing was justified. Tell me if you disagree…

https://www.facebook.com/TheRe...3514362/?pnref=story
(can't embed, it's on Facebook)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He really went out on a limb wirh that one.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/E72ftu_DjFo

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, I had the Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail in my head.

Oh eh, it's only a flesh wound! I'll bite your kneecaps off!

Posts: 796 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....the nurse was the main feet-ure I guess

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
He really went out on a limb wirh that one.

Something was definitely afoot!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did he eventually get through that? If he did, it was no small "feet."

Posts: 589 | Location: Alexandria, LA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Disabled ghost. Lol

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was like a receding tide. Every take, he'd crack up and fall apart a little short of where he'd gotten before.

I hear the nurse wanted to be a soccer player, but that idea got cut off at the knees.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Thank you, BamaJeepster.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm here holding my laughter in trying to not wake my wife. Big Grin

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I'm here holding my laughter in trying to not wake my wife. Big Grin

I'm glad I listened before I went to bed, I couldn't hold it in Big Grin

- John Adams

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
That was funny.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Mike's speech imPEDiment worsened rapidly.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Funny guys can't do creepy....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I replied:
quote:
Come on! Sing with me:

Now I gotta cut loose
Footless, ain't got no Sunday shoes
Nurse Louise, nothing below her knees
Pete, no feet, floating around is neat
Lose the shoes, everybody float footless!

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I replied:
quote:
Come on! Sing with me:

Now I gotta cut loose
Footless, ain't got no Sunday shoes
Nurse Louise, nothing below her knees
Pete, no feet, floating around is neat
Lose the shoes, everybody float footless!

HA! LOL...You need to record this on video for us. I hear you got one of them fancy geetars!

- John Adams

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
THAT was pretty funny. I can tell you from personal experience behind a microphone that once you read a script that is strange sounding, unbelievable, funny, or just plain idiotic, and the laughter starts, it can be damn hard to recover, keep a straight face, and do the take.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Maybe her feet were killing her...

She has no sole....

Dr. Scholl is her nemesis...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Funny guys can't do creepy....

Robin Williams could...

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post