SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Northern Michigan Members: Ticks?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northern Michigan Members: Ticks? Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
What can I do to protect my dawgs when I let them out in the yard/grass?

I use 'Advatix' topical on our Shepherd. I may do it every 3 weeks(vice 4) during extreme tick time(Spring).

After a trip to our camp I usually add a tick bath. Besides Lyme, ticks transmit a number of ailments.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Update

We skipped the chemicals and saw not a single tick. Then again: What with the weather and what we were all doing: Nobody spent much time, if any, in the woods, much less any areas with dense foliage. The uncut grass in front of the cabin was probably about the worst, and that was pretty sparse.

Conversely: Some acquaintances of a friend spent some time this last weekend near Michigan's thumb region. Went for a walk. Came back covered in ticks, especially one man who even had them on his boxer shorts! He actually stood outside in said boxer shorts while the others removed ticks from all over him.

Even after the careful and thorough tick inspection and removal they found more as they were driving home.

A friend of ours that lives up near Boyne Mountain says people there are picking them up just walking across their lawns.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post