SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Montreal man fools police with fake car made of snow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montreal man fools police with fake car made of snow Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Montreal man fools police with fake car made of snow

http://www.foxla.com/news/mont...ake-car-made-of-snow

quote:

MONTREAL (KMSP) - Simon Laprise had a plan, some snow and a couple hours to spare.

The result? A delightful picture of a lone police officer, staring skeptically at a car parked in a snow removal zone, ticket book in hand. Little did the officer know, however, that it was all a trick.

The 33-year-old machinist and artist from Montreal was hoping to prank snow removal crews in his neighborhood with a fake car he made after a storm Monday, modeled after the Delorean DMC-12 of Back to the Future fame.

Laprise's coup de gras was a real windshield wiper he had found across the street while working on the project, placed inconspicuously as if it were the only exposed part of the car.

The police soon came to investigate because it was parked was in a snow removal zone, only to discover after some time that the car was made entirely of snow.

Officers did end up writing Laprise a ticket--one that said, "You made our night hahahahaha Smile"

All good things must come to an end, however, and snowplows destroyed Laprise's creation the next morning.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

Doc Brown and Marty must have paid a visit to the area. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
He built a time machine, out of SNOW? Big Grin
Nice job, Simon.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a truism that some DeLoreans ran on snow tires.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You gotta love a good practical joke!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Got cho ehhh?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Good joke, and I love the cops' response too!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, and I'm glad the officers got a laugh out of it! The windshield wiper was a masterful touch. Big Grin

I love that a second unit pulled up sometime later. Had to have been the first officer getting on the radio and calling to any other units in the area saying "You've gotta come see this!" Big Grin

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I'd get a laugh out of that. I'd want a photo with the builder.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Looks more like an old Toyota Supra or Mitsubishi/Dodge Starion to me...either way well played sor

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
That's a cool sculpture.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
No that sure is cold. Damned cold.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Snow way

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Snow way

Snow kidding, it's snow joke.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Snow way

Snow kidding, it's snow joke.

Every year at first snow, my dad would tell the same dad joke about snow cake.......as if he had Alzheimers or thought we did. 'Haha, dad. We've never heard that one before'

Hey kids, do you know how to make snow cake?
No dad.
You get a cake pan, fill it with snow, put in the oven at 450. In two hours open the oven and there'snocake........
Haha, dad. Ugh. Big Grin

Now that I'm a dad, I delight in torturing my younglings with my own dad jokes. Big Grin Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That's pretty good.

THIS would've been better:

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The joke was awesome and funny! Big Grin

^^^^That Tiger tank is just amazing! Eek

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post