SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interesting video of Yemeni Islamofascists shooting missile at Saudi F-15
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting video of Yemeni Islamofascists shooting missile at Saudi F-15 Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTJbyrd:
Since Saudi Wahabbis are also Islamofascists, why should anyone care how they kill each other?

Professionally interested in the tactics and effectiveness of systems.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

If you have experience with how and who maintains the Saudi air force, you might agree with them and their statement. Wink

Back in the day, "we" maintained the Saudi's jets.

True, but not any longer. Part of the Saudi purchase of the F-15S was an agreement that we would advise/train their maintainers initially until they could get proficient and train themselves.

The biggest hurdle to that was the TOs are written in English. It would have been an insurmountable task to translate all the TOS to Arabic, so the Saudis paid extra to send their enlisted maintainers to the Defense Language Institute-English Language Center (DLIELC) at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

If you have experience with how and who maintains the Saudi air force, you might agree with them and their statement. Wink

Back in the day, "we" maintained the Saudi's jets.

True, but not any longer. Part of the Saudi purchase of the F-15S was an agreement that we would advise/train their maintainers initially until they could get proficient and train themselves.

The biggest hurdle to that was the TOs are written in English. It would have been an insurmountable task to translate all the TOS to Arabic, so the Saudis paid extra to send their enlisted maintainers to the Defense Language Institute-English Language Center (DLIELC) at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland.

"Back in the day" was in the early 1980s.
I had opportunity to go, but chose not to for personal reasons. I knew quite a few guys that went.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post