SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interesting video of Yemeni Islamofascists shooting missile at Saudi F-15
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting video of Yemeni Islamofascists shooting missile at Saudi F-15 Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
The Saudis deny the plane was hit. You be the judge.

quote:

That looks like a hit to me.

Also last Sunday, the Yemeni Islamofascists claim they shot down a Saudi Tornado (the Saudis say it crashed due to "technical difficulties").

Link

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that two flares were released, and there was a hit but the plane was able to continue flying.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Flares or decoys. I agree it looks like a hit. I guess English to Islamofascists looks the same as Arabic looks to us. I expect the Saudis to retaliate heavily.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Also last Sunday, the Yemeni Islamofascists claim they shot down a Saudi Tornado (the Saudis say it crashed due to "technical difficulties").

If you have experience with how and who maintains the Saudi air force, you might agree with them and their statement. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Not 100% sure what I was seeing. Perhaps he went into burner for a bit, dropped a couple flares and was hit but managed to keep flying (for a little while?). It seems odd that he’d drop flares, stay in burner, and not appear to take any evasive action. I’m not a fighter pilot though, and I have no clue. Perhaps RHINOWSO will be along with some relevant insights.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Not 100% sure what I was seeing. Perhaps he went into burner for a bit, dropped a couple flares and was hit but managed to keep flying (for a little while?). It seems odd that he’d drop flares, stay in burner, and not appear to take any evasive action. I’m not a fighter pilot though, and I have no clue. Perhaps RHINOWSO will be along with some relevant insights.

saw that too.

IMO - the pilot should have performed a hard turn to port and back on the stick (to place his counter-measures between him and the missile, and popping off chaff and flares at a high rate (not just TWO flares).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he released a 3rd flare and that is what the missile hit (we just couldn't see it due to masked by heat sig. of the burners).

Why he didn't break hard is beyond me, I just hump a rucksack. Confused

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I would have expected some sort of evasive maneuvers about the time the afterburners were lit and the flares were deployed - not just keep going straight. Pretty big heat signature, if that was a heat seeking missile. Regardless the pilot got a lucky break.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

If you have experience with how and who maintains the Saudi air force, you might agree with them and their statement. Wink

Back in the day, "we" maintained the Saudi's jets.

All have AN/ALE-45 Auto Counter Measures system and deploy chaff and flares. They can be adjusted to several dispersal rates. Bypass, Full Auto, Semi-auto or manual. Sort of "Pew", "Pew Pew Pew" etc.

It looks like he was pulling then rolled and then banged burner and then released two flares, and then the missile may have gone off with proximity.

If it were a missile impact, there would have been a shit ton of debris and the video would have blossomed big-time.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No idea what kind of threat it was facing, but he didn't seem to be doing much to aggressively defeat it.

Then again, he may not have see the weapon that was shot at him.

The Saudis aren't known to be the best aviators / tacticians, but it easy to criticize when we don't have much of the story.

The plane didn't appear to suffer catastrophic damage and the F-15 is known for redundant systems - / survivability - just look at the Israeli F-15 that landing minus 3/4s of a wing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Read that it was a radar guided missle and he was dumping flares.

That’s the wrong button there Mustafa.... you needed chaff.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I think he released a 3rd flare and that is what the missile hit (we just couldn't see it due to masked by heat sig. of the burners).

Why he didn't break hard is beyond me, I just hump a rucksack. Confused

That's what I thought. It looked like the missile disintegrated just before the plane. You would think if it hit the plane it would at least impart some roll to the aircraft no?

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutly ANYBODY fighting against Saudi Arabia you can nearly bet that the Iranians are backing with weapons, knowhow, and money. The Iranians are getting their weapons from Russia, and their surfact to air missles are 1st class. From the limited video we have here, it looks like a hit, but the a/c remains airworthy. For now, anyway.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:...It looked like the missile disintegrated just before the plane. You would think if it hit the plane it would at least impart some roll to the aircraft no?

No. Proximity fuses cause the missile to detonate within a very close range of the aircraft, (anywhere from 25-400 feet depending on missile type) and have a shaped charge that explodes in a radial fashion and is much like a shotgun blast.

If the missile would have impacted the aircraft, the video would have "bloomed" and it would be unmistakable.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
The only thing that came to my mind while watching that is, "Why is Alexa Vader talking Arabic into that microphone?"

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
So did anyone notice the equipment used to track the plane was FLIR? Now how did that end up in the hands of Islamofascists?

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
FLIR Systems is located here in the Florida panhandle, and a lot of their products are available on-line.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
So did anyone notice the equipment used to track the plane was FLIR? Now how did that end up in the hands of Islamofascists?

Like all other things, captured and repurposed.

Houthi Rebels Release FLIR Video Showing Shoot Down of Saudi F-15S Over Yemen (Updated)
quote:
Houthi rebels have released video they claim shows the exact moment they shot down Royal Saudi Air Force F-15S over Yemen. The Iranian-supported militants appear to have at least tracked the jet using a repurposed FLIR Systems Star SAFIRE sensor turret, which features an infrared camera.

There is a distinct possibility that the United States might have supplied the FLIR Systems turret the Yemenis claimed to have employed during this shoot down. In July 2009, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the Pentagon’s main arms broker, approved a so-called Pseudo-Foreign Military Sales, or Pseudo-FMS, deal that included three Ultra 8500 turrets “or equivalent,” as well as other equipment and contractor support.

The full package, intended as an upgrade for Yemen’s Huey II helicopters, had an estimated value of more than $3.7 million. The Ultra 8500s by themselves were worth more than $600,000 apiece.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
Read that it was a radar guided missle and he was dumping flares.

That’s the wrong button there Mustafa.... you needed chaff.

Valid, but not entirely cut and dry. Many systems dispense a combination of flares and chaff since, in the moment of action, it’s possible to misdiagnose the threat. Meaning, if your RWR gear lights up simultaneous with your MWS, which is it? In the time it takes to think through that possibility and decide RWR you’re already hit. Ergo, systems that have flare & chaff can be set to shoot them concurrently. And if his was shooting chaff between those flares, would you even see it in IR? I think no.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Since Saudi Wahabbis are also Islamofascists, why should anyone care how they kill each other?

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post