SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    new and improved android phone driving me * fixed! *
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new and improved android phone driving me * fixed! * Login/Join 
posted
new phone is a Z716bl phone. by ZTE

I entered 100 contacts in to the phone on monday , manually with key board and key pad on the screen, no problems what so ever.

to day I turn the phone on to enter a few more,
BUT no key board or key pad shows up on the screen.

a picture of a microphone appears and the phone wants me to talk to it and enter all the info verbally .

after talking to someone in a cubicle for 2 hours , they can not get the phone out of verbal command mode.

if anyone has some ideas how to get it back in to manual mode , I'd appreciate it greatly.

( My eyeglass people, and two friends could not figure it out either and they are ten times more adept , than I)

edit: the phone is not! talking to me, it wants me to enter the contact and texting information to it verbally,

and thats a problem

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Find a kid to help you? They seem to be pretty tech savvy. Wink

But,seriously, maybe you can reset it to factory settings and start over. It stinks that you would have to re-enter the contact information. To put it lightly.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reboot

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
new phone is a Z716bl phone. by ZTE

I entered 100 contacts in to the phone on monday , manually with key board and key pad on the screen, no problems what so ever.

to day I turn the phone on to enter a few more,
BUT no key board or key pad shows up on the screen.

a picture of a microphone appears and the phone wants me to talk to it and enter all the info verbally .

after talking to someone in a cubicle for 2 hours , they can not get the phone out of verbal command mode.

if anyone has some ideas how to get it back in to manual mode , I'd appreciate it greatly.

( My eyeglass people, and two friends could not figure it out either and they are ten times more adept , than I)

edit: the phone is not! talking to me, it wants me to enter the contact and texting information to it verbally,

and thats a problem

call me
425 301 0790

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Throw the phone away and get an LG G6 like I did. I just inserted the sim card from my Samsung phone and put it in the new LG and it was a done deal. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it will help or not. Shut off phone, take battery out for a minute, replace battery and turn on phone.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheni:
reboot

This should always be your first step when your phone starts doing something it doesn't normally do, and you should do it every few days regardless, IMO.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If you load your contact list or sync it with Google, then you won't ever have to manually transfer that contact list again.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvyhawler:
Don't know if it will help or not. Shut off phone, take battery out for a minute, replace battery and turn on phone.

Battery may be like my iPhone non user removable.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
suffice to say that the world is a much better place with SigForum in it and with DSgrouse on the forum.

I still have all my hair, there are no holes in the wall or in my head and I don't have to go to any confessions.

the is on his way to saint hood if he keeps going this way

thank you sincerely

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure how much help I was, but thank you for the kind words.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post