SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got an offer for a new job Friday and sent in the acceptance letter earlier today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got an offer for a new job Friday and sent in the acceptance letter earlier today Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:

I know they will find someone to replace me, but my emphasis is that it’s going to take time.
As I read your post, I looked at the weather.

It's 25 degrees right now in Spring Grove, IL. No wonder that it will take time to find your replacement. Brrrr.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoulda been here last winter. Couple of days with -50 wind chills.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Regarding exit interview - When HR asked me for comments when I left one job I said something like this....

Rhetorically, what is your impression of the department and the reporting chain above me. (There were 3 people.) Are the supportive and is it a pleasant place to work?

She said something like "well.... probably no."

I said something like 'do you have any specific questions or input you need from me on that topic? She said, probably not.

I concluded by saying as individuals I like the people I work with and for but HR is aware of the work environment and I hoped, for others sakes, it would be addressed.

I was prepared in case she said they were not aware of issues. I would have said you might check the follow items (had a list of 5 or 6 things they should check into).

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4882 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Shoulda been here last winter. Couple of days with -50 wind chills.

I'm in Eastern Iowa, but close enough. Last winter was one of the worst I can recall. This one by and large has been one of the most mild in recent memory.

Posts: 5137 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I understand your leaving due to toxic atmosphere. I ended up in the hospital from the stress and pressure. Constant vomiting, anxiety attacks from constant checkins, micro managment, Monday Morning quarterbacking and all. My letter went to HR and the manager stating leaving due to health concerns. Burn a bridge and that can crush your future. Best of luck at your new position!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I’m free!

I’m glad to be gone from there but I will sure miss some of the people.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would be doing the company a favor to politely state the reasons you are leaving. They may be slow to get things done, but if the bosses never learn about toxic supervisors, nothing will change.

Some evil persons are completely two faced. She may have completely fooled the management, but after employees leave and state why, heads will roll.

Usually bullys keep bullying, until they run a place downhill. Once the management realizes they have am employee is abusing their power, she will not last long. Management want to make money and be successful.

Personally I would send a letter to the owners/president of the company after you leave. Tell them that you appreciated working there, but that they have a toxic employee abusing their position of authority. I have found this direct communication to the top to be very effective.

One place I was at, abusers in middle management were bullying select persons. I stoop up to them, which made me a marked man,particularly after a few letters to the board. Eventually I left, then a high up and greatly appreciated manager left. She spilled the beans on all the abuse that been occuring on a regular basis. The board then fired the president who had been there for 30 years, plus four others who were part of the group of bullies.

The place did get turned around and now is very profitable. The abusers were running it into the ground and for years the board could not understand what the problem was.

-c1steve

Posts: 4036 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post