SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WashPost: ‘Lie after lie after lie’: Fox News’s Shepard Smith has a Cronkite moment on Russia
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WashPost: ‘Lie after lie after lie’: Fox News’s Shepard Smith has a Cronkite moment on Russia Login/Join 
posted
If there is anyone who didn't dislike thus weasel already, this may change your mind.

Note how the ComPost is making him out to be the new Walter Cronkite who gave his opinion on Viet Nam (and became a hero to the left).

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.a8b6d4dcd436

‘Lie after lie after lie’: Fox News’s Shepard Smith has a Cronkite moment on Russia

By Aaron Blake July 14 at 5:41 PM

Between its “Fox and Friends” morning show and Sean Hannity at night, Fox News has become a haven for those who think this whole Russia thing is nonsense. On Friday morning, Steve Doocy even declared that “the Russia story is starting to fall apart.”

But on Friday afternoon, a Fox host went off on the Trump administration's handling of Russia in a way we've rarely seen.

Shepard Smith is no stranger to challenging the administration and occasionally launching into personal editorials — including one about refugees back in 2015. But on Friday afternoon, he took it a step further, repeatedly accusing the administration of lying, deception and a coverup.

After reporting that there appeared to be more people in that meeting with Russian lawyer than previously acknowledged, Smith had either a Howard Beale or a Walter Cronkite moment, depending on your perspective, and he lit into the White House.

Here's the transcript:

We’re still not clean on this, Chris [Wallace]. If there’s nothing there — and that’s what they tell us, they tell us there’s nothing to this and nothing came of it, there’s a nothingburger, it wasn’t even memorable, didn’t write it down, didn’t tell you about it, because it wasn’t anything so I didn’t even remember it — with a Russian interpreter in the room at Trump Tower? If all of that, why all these lies? Why is it lie after lie after lie? If you clean, come on clean, you know? My grandmother used to say when first we practice to — Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. The deception, Chris, is mind-boggling. And there are still people who are out there who believe we’re making it up. And one day they’re gonna realize we’re not and look around and go, Where are we, and why are we getting told all these lies?

Most journalists are reluctant to use the L-word — “lie.” This blog has covered the administration's contradictory claims and misleading statistics regularly, but calling something a lie implies you know that it was intended to deceive.

An exasperated Smith had clearly had enough of dancing around that word on Friday afternoon.

Aaron Blake is senior political reporter for The Fix. Follow @aaronblake

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Funny he never said that about anything Obama. Shep, suck a box of dicks...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Shep Smith is one of the absolute worst on TV nowadays. There are few that I despise more.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I quit watching this flaming liberal a long time ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Who the hell is shepard smith?

Just kidding. I know who he is. IMO, he is angling for title to compete with that kelly woman. Hoping for one of those super generous contracts with the commie news network. Right where he belongs.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Rumor has it that dick is his preferred sexual organ.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
quote:

Rumor has it that dick is his preferred sexual organ.

That's not a rumor.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

To be fair, Obama promised the most transparent and honest administration. So there was no dirt for the liberal media to uncover/report. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
He should just stick to butt stuff.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:

He would be all for that... methinks.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now, now, we mustn't reward him for bad behavior.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
His butt plug must have fallen out.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
He should just stick to butt stuff.

Or, he could stuff it up his butt.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I don't like Shepard Smith either. But when I see the replies attack the messenger rather than discredit the message; well, that's stooping the Democrat level. We are better than this. (Now attack me.)

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
I saw it live unfortunately. My first thought is that he is bucking for a contract at CNN. He has always grated on my nerves. Time for him to go...

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I will attack you. I think you are wrong. We should attack the message and the messenger. Playing it straight, above board, civilized, etc doesn't work in today's 24 hour left wing news stream and social media regurgitation.

President Trump won and will continue so because he dropped the old rule book that wasn't working. Repeat that for effect. It wasn't working.

I hate their tactics and I hate using their tactics. However, I hate the direction America was heading when they were driving the ship.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
He thinks way too much of himself, much like the Kelly woman. While I watch Fox some, I haven't been able to tolerate watching this 'reporter' in a loooong time.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
I don't like Shepard Smith either. But when I see the replies attack the messenger rather than discredit the message; well, that's stooping the Democrat level. We are better than this. (Now attack me.)

What nonsense are you going on about? Queer boy Shep is not simply a messenger reading the news. He editorializes everything he reports. Everything. He's a no good news man, and I wish he were kicked off the air. He believes his opinions on these matters are superior to ours and that we should just shut up and take it as gospel. I despise this phony.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
Shemp couldn't state the current time without trying to spin it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:

The old adage, "Don't attack the messenger" comes from a time when spoiled rotten royalty members would take out their anger to hearing negative news on the messenger.

This is NOT what's happening here. What IS happening here is a flaming Liberal using a FALSE message to try and smear a good guy.

Surely you can see the difference. Now, forgive yourself, do some kind of penitence, and quit confusing old metaphors. Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post