SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WashPost: ‘Lie after lie after lie’: Fox News’s Shepard Smith has a Cronkite moment on Russia
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WashPost: ‘Lie after lie after lie’: Fox News’s Shepard Smith has a Cronkite moment on Russia Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that while Trump has his faults, the constant attacks for "lying" fail to provide examples. Certainly nothing to compete with if you like your healthcare and your doctor, you can keep them .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm compelled to admit. I must confess.

I've met Russians. I've had conversations with them. Even got drunk with some.

But never with a former counter-intelligence officer. No such thing.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
"Lie" is such a harsh term.

The Ruskies are we have been told for decades, masters of propaganda. In communist countries, it is called that. Here we use the term "public relations." It is putting the best face on some "story" without getting into outright fantasy land.

My example is the triathlon report I gave my mother in law. My SEAL b-i-l and I did the Super Frog Triathlon, he finished well ahead of me, of course. In those days, it was a small affair and only the two of us were in that age group. When our mother in law asked me how it went, I told her I finished second while b-i-l was next to last.

Any trained journalist worth his salt would have done the same, if he was inclined to.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If I am home at 3:00 PM I do not turn on Fox. Its the "Let's Bash Trump hour" not the Shepard Smith Hour.

I knew a guy who swore he would never suck a dick. He would hold it in his mouth until the swelling went down, but he would not suck it. Well Shep can hold dicks in his mouth all day until the swelling goes down, I won't judge. And I won't tune in.

But push a little news eh bud?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The left and media don't have a monopoly on fake news, by any means. A week doesn't go by without me getting in e-mail some preposterous claim found on some obscure news site, claiming some very appealed quote by a world leader, an appalling gaff by some God Damned Commie that gives away their public stance, or similar. These sites give Snopes and similat "fact checking" sites full time work.

The most recent was a story how Obama's oldest daughter was dismissed summarily from an internship at the Embassy in Spain, for smoking pot on the roof, called to the office, handed her belongings and whisked away in a black Suburban, forever ineligible for federal employment.

Otherwise intelligent people apparently believe this stuff, likely why posting such e-mails has been banned here for many years.

Edit to add: True story. I posted the above, returned to read e-mails and then and there received another one about Obama Daughter getting canned, from another correspondent.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I change to fox business when Shep comes on. Can't stand that blow hard!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's trying to edge out Juan Williams as the network liberal or possibly the late Alan Colmes .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

I have my box set to auto tune to Fox business when Shep comes on to be sure the channel changes even if I'm not there to watch it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

I have my box set to auto tune to Fox business when Shep comes on to be sure the channel changes even if I'm not there to watch it.

exactly! I hope the cable ratings show a dramatic change over from Fox to FBN right when Shep comes on.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The left and media don't have a monopoly on fake news, by any means. A week doesn't go by without me getting in e-mail some preposterous claim found on some obscure news site, claiming some very appealed quote by a world leader, an appalling gaff by some God Damned Commie that gives away their public stance, or similar. These sites give Snopes and similat "fact checking" sites full time work.

The most recent was a story how Obama's oldest daughter was dismissed summarily from an internship at the Embassy in Spain, for smoking pot on the roof, called to the office, handed her belongings and whisked away in a black Suburban, forever ineligible for federal employment.

Otherwise intelligent people apparently believe this stuff, likely why posting such e-mails has been banned here for many years.

Edit to add: True story. I posted the above, returned to read e-mails and then and there received another one about Obama Daughter getting canned, from another correspondent.

Question, Jallen: you relate that you received the same story from two sources -- how, then, do you know that the story about the Obama daughter is false? Do you assume it's false because 1) it's salacious and 2) there's been no coverage in the MSM? I certainly wouldn't doubt that the MSM would deliberately ignore bad news about an Obama family member.

Also, if both of those sources are wholly unreliable, then why do you continue to subscribe to them? For the amusement value, maybe?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Question, Jallen: you relate that you received the same story from two sources -- how, then, do you know that the story about the Obama daughter is false? Do you assume it's false because 1) it's salacious and 2) there's been no coverage in the MSM? I certainly wouldn't doubt that the MSM would deliberately ignore bad news about an Obama family member.

Also, if both of those sources are wholly unreliable, then why do you continue to subscribe to them? For the amusement value, maybe?

I don't subscribe to any of these. These are sent to me by some of my elderly, dottering near senile friends who revel in ultra right wing wet dreams, like the one about the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, AlGore and 3 or 4 other Democrat stalwarts all born in 1947 after that spaceship landed in New Mexico, or the mayors of just about every non US English speaking city haranguing about how the Muslims are going to have to assimilate, eat pork chops, go to church on Sunday or get the hell out.

The two correspondents sent me the same story, word for word, from the same source.

In the past, I actually posted some here and suffered the humiliation. This was quite a few years ago, when I was young and foolish. Smile

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
There's a reason this nut job has been moved down to the "Oprah" time slot on Fox News. It's past time to let MSNBC "steal" him away.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Anderson cooper walks into a bar for a drink... Shepard Smith is sitting at the bar....
Anderson walks up to Shep...
"Hey, cowboy would you like me to give you a hand or to push in your stool?"

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I can't stand Shep. When that little bitch comes on at 2:00 I change channels.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post