SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:
I haven't seen any statements that claim the contents of one of her emails were classified at the time, yet; so far everything has been classified now. The flash drive is another issue entirely. Those are the bane of Information Assurance folks, and a major EKMS trouble.

See the post I made right before or as you were posting this question.

They were classified when originated.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Plant a deflated football amongst her stuff....

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Is this it?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/new...article30714762.html

Yep. Thanks.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I wonder if former Senator, Governor, SEAL Officer and MOH recipient Bob Kerrey would like to amend his statement from 1992: "Governor Clinton is an uncommonly good liar. Hillary, not so much!"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I wonder if former Senator, Governor, SEAL Officer and MOH recipient Bob Kerrey would like to amend his statement from 1992: "Governor Clinton is an uncommonly good liar. Hillary, not so much!"

Doubtful. He's just about as slimey as is she. President of the New School you know.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
I haven't seen any statements that claim the contents of one of her emails were classified at the time, yet; so far everything has been classified now. The flash drive is another issue entirely. Those are the bane of Information Assurance folks, and a major EKMS trouble.

See the post I made right before or as you were posting this question.

They were classified when originated.
That is a significant change. People should be shouting Spillage from the Roof Tops. Classified information touched that server; it must now be controlled.

Same goes for the thumb drive that her aid was keeping the emails on.

Side note: I still can't get past the point that it was acceptable for her to turn over 55,000 pages of emails, instead of just a hard drive of them in digital form. Bull shit of the highest form.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Edited: Where the fuck did that document come from? That is a sizable demarkation in the header.

It's an image of the letter that was sent to Congress. The contents have been verified by multiple media sources and wires - like Reuters, WaPo, Washington Times, etc.

http://punditfromanotherplanet...s-email-revelations/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was disclosed her top aides are being drawn into a burgeoning federal inquiry and that two emails on her private account have been classified as “Top Secret.”

Once Hillary puts Huma behind the keyboard and points the bony finger at her they are getting close.
Huma is just a layer of protection for Hillary and will be expendable when the time comes.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Once Hillary puts Huma behind the keyboard and points the bony finger at her they are getting close.
Huma is just a layer of protection for Hillary and will be expendable when the time comes.

She has already been referring to 'directing her team' to release the emails and the thumb drive, etc. She is going to play this as 'her team' at the State Dept told her that everything she was doing was completely legal and above board, thus any issues are the fault of 'the team' and not Hillary.

- John Adams

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think the streams were crossed, just that people were cross posting classified information into unclassified systems because it was to hard for her to use multiple devices (note: I don't believe that bull shit either).

This is a point I keep coming back to in my own head. Wouldn't using separate systems and keeping them separate be the easiest way to keep the two kinds of communication separate in Hillary's own head? "On this machine you exercise discipline in what you say, on that machine you can be chatty if you want to."

And never mind little details like not leaking classified information, not having the FBI or a review panel ever have to go through private emails, etc., etc., etc. If you want a private life - and Hillary clearly wants to have some sort of private life - then keeping a separate set of communications systems would seem like the only logical way to go.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

She has already been referring to 'directing her team' to release the emails and the thumb drive, etc. She is going to play this as 'her team' at the State Dept told her that everything she was doing was completely legal and above board, thus any issues are the fault of 'the team' and not Hillary.
There is a video out there somewhere where Hillary stands on her resume and claims that she has the knowledge and experience to properly control classified material. Death by a million millstones.
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
I don't think the streams were crossed, just that people were cross posting classified information into unclassified systems because it was to hard for her to use multiple devices (note: I don't believe that bull shit either).

This is a point I keep coming back to in my own head. Wouldn't using separate systems and keeping them separate be the easiest way to keep the two kinds of communication separate in Hillary's own head? "On this machine you exercise discipline in what you say, on that machine you can be chatty if you want to."

And never mind little details like not leaking classified information, not having the FBI or a review panel ever have to go through private emails, etc., etc., etc. If you want a private life - and Hillary clearly wants to have some sort of private life - then keeping a separate set of communications systems would seem like the only logical way to go.
From there, I always go back to the fact that the 55,000 pages of emails provided to the State Department from her private server are only the dregs. I had thought that everything of import or scandal was pruned when she worked jointly with her aides to screen out the 'private' emails. That there was anything left to be found is just laughably sad.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Come on guys, she knew exactly what she was doing - why do you think she set up her own server in the first place? It was done strictly for her convenience and so she could control who could see and access her emails. This was not her first rodeo - there was never any talk of securing classified information, she could care less about that - she was only interested in protecting her personal emails so she could deny any involvement in anything that went down on her watch. It's no more complicated than that.

- John Adams

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Do, the argument that things she sent weren't classified at the time doesn't hold water either. there are a lot of things in my job where I'm the first person to stick a classified lable on it. The info is already classified by its nature, and if I took it home and showed my wife instead of labeling it I would be a criminal because I've been taught what kinds of material should be classified. That basic trust is something she should have known.

Furthermore, it's worth noting her entire justification for a private system is bunk. Lots of general officers have access to secret phones or networks in their homes because they are in important positions and the government has paid to properly secure their home. I'm sure the Secretary of State could have legally gotten a SIPR connection at home. The only logical explanation for creating her own server then forwarding secret info to it was to hide her records, another violation of law.

she committed crimes.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Ergh: you all are making me defend Hillary. There are segregated networks used for official purposes, both unclassified, classified, and special compartmentalized. Nothing has come out as being 'marked' classified yet.

Yes, her initial defense was that there was nothing in the emails she turned over was classified. There was nothing classified sent to or from the server. It trended towards a claim that nothing was classified at the time, and now we're at nothing being marked classified.

What we need, as an additional nail, is an email conversation, MARKED classified, between her and anyone else. Preferably, an email that can't be found among the 55,000 pages of emails she turned over.
I don't think we'll see a conversation marked classified. SIPR & DNET & SOIS allow you to select the classification level you want on each message, and physically delete previous classifications by others. Ergo, I can mark classified info as unclass..... It's a clear violation of my responsibilities and a crime, but this is what she supposedly did. In that case the info would still be classified but not marked. I've seen a guy get majorly burned on this because he wanted to print out info but didn't want to walk around with marked classified. People noticed the content and the ensuing WTF cost that individual a LOT.

2 other things stand out: first, she is using a thumb drive???? Flash based media is absolutely not allowed on government system including unclassified. Second, the mere ability of her to move info from a secret system to an unclass home system is mind boggling. That alone is a crime even if she didn't move any info, secret or unclass. We aren't allowed to connect those systems! The systems are seperated because our enemies can move freely in cyber space. If she had that link in place, you can be sure our adversaries knew and were intercepting it all.

This whole thing is so bad I'm struggling to wrap my mind around the scope. If she had a personal unsecured system capable of receiving messages from her secured systems she committed a major crime.

she's malevolent, but not stupid, and would likely avoid obvious missteps where something as simple as a label, category, or otherwise might hang her up. it may be as simple as her or her staff paraphrasing the gist of some subject in the course of regular emails. she reads some statement about Korea/etc on some hush hush server marked "super duper secret stuff" and simply conveys it in her own words in some quasi private email as she courts favors with some diplomat.

and other similar scenarios. wrong just the same, but less mind boggling or requiring of jumping technical hoops - in terms of how it may have happened.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Well I guess Hillary has already placed Huma behind the keyboard. Just have to wait for the other shoe to drop. Sorry Huma you played a game with one ruthless hag and now you will pay the price.

I lack the skills to cut and paste a pdf so I will provide the link.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was done strictly for her convenience and so she could control who could see and access her emails.

Yeah, but look at the tradeoff. Not only does she have one clunker of a scandal to try to cope with as well as the investigation/s that she had to know would be launched, she essentially made her private emails hostage to one stupid mistake or one rumor making the rounds in the media. Did she really think the media would be too delicate to look at her emails about her daughter's wedding? I mean, that's just dumb in multiple directions. Was she really too cheap to run two private servers? I understand the control aspect of it, but setting up two private servers can't be all that hard to do if you're willing to go to the trouble to set up one private server.

I have no problem believing she was up to something. But she seems to have gotten kinda stupid a couple times along the way.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For those who wonder why her highness hasn't been hauled before Congress and had the truth beaten out of her, this is beginning to look like how it is done.

You just keep on chipping away, closing off avenues of perhaps plausible but misdirected information, trapping the subject in little errors of incorrect information, verifying details, taking advantage of new leads. The longer this goes on, the more she will have to explain, all of which will be mutually contradictory, no loopholes to slither out of.

They know she is lying. Now the trap must be carefully laid. This isn't her first rodeo, after all. It will be torture, she knows the exposure and the stakes. By the time the trap is ready, she will be so apprehensive, it will seem like a release to get it over with.

As I have said, and seen, it is sometimes hard to get the wheels of justice turning, and they turn slowly, but once they are turning, it can be awfully hard to get thrm stopped, or diverted.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
When I was in the service, if I released top secret or secret info i would have been locked up.

Period.

What about her attorney who, apparently was in possession of classified material on the thumb drives? I doubt he had proper level security clearances, much less the more restrictive "need to know" justification to have access to these documents. So, why wasn't he arrested? No one is above the law? Yeah they are.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That won't work. Everyone that has access to classified material has to go through periodic training that explains all of their responsibilities as well as the law and punishments. She would have been required to go through the training, they don't get excused from it. That dog don't hunt.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The more this news comes out, the more people see her as shady and dishonest and her favorability and likability ratings continue to plummet. I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

I've had this gut feeling for months now that Hillary is NOT ON THE BALLOT come November 2016. It's going to be Biden or Warren or someone else.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post