SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
This is verrrrryyyyy interesting.

It appears there was some insider information being passed around on Mr. Bill Clinton's wife's outhouse server.

This may be what the FBI found and is investigating.

quote:
Foxnews.com: Clinton sought secret info on EU bailout plans as son-in-law's doomed hedge fund gambled on Greece

Hedge fund manager Marc Mezvinsky had friends in high places when he bet big on a Greek economic recovery, but even the keen interest of his mother-in-law, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, wasn't enough to spare him and his investors from financial tragedy.

In 2012, Mezvinski, the husband of Chelsea Clinton, created a $325 million basket of offshore funds under the Eaglevale Partners banner through a special arrangement with investment bank Goldman Sachs. The funds have lost tens of millions of dollars predicting that bailouts of the Greek banking system would pump up the value of the country’s distressed bonds. One fund, exclusively dedicated to Greek debt, suffered near-total losses.

Clinton stepped down as secretary of state in 2013 to run for president. But newly released emails from 2012 show that she and Clinton Foundation consultant, Sidney Blumenthal, shared classified information about how German leadership viewed the prospects for a Greek bailout. Clinton also shared “protected” State Department information about Greek bonds with her husband at the same time that her son-in-law aimed his hedge fund at Greece.

That America’s top diplomat kept a sharp eye on intelligence assessing the chances of a bailout of the Greek central bank is not a problem. However, sharing such sensitive information with friends and family would have been highly improper. Federal regulations prohibit the use of nonpublic information to further private interests or the interests of others. The mere perception of a conflict of interest is unacceptable.

Through its press representative, Eaglevale declined to comment for this story. Clinton’s campaign press office did not respond to a request for comment.

A former Goldman Sachs broker himself, Mezvinsky formed Eaglevale Management with two ex-Goldman Sachs partners in October 2011. As a “global macro” firm, Eaglevale’s strategy is to seek profit opportunities in politically volatile situations. Mezvinsky set up several funds in the Cayman Islands, a secretive tax haven, with Goldman Sachs serving as Eaglevale’s prime broker and banker. The giant brokerage firm has a checkered history of manipulating the value of Greek debt to the detriment of Greece.

The same month that Eaglevale incorporated its offshore arm, Gary Gensler, the head of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission, which polices hedge funds, emailed Clinton that a bailout by the European Central Bank could “turn market sentiment” in favor of Greek bonds.

Gensler had previously worked as co-head of finance at Goldman Sachs; he is now the financial director of Clinton’s election campaign. Goldman Sachs has donated up to $5 million to the Clinton Foundation and $860,000 to Hillary Clinton’s political campaigns. Shortly after Clinton resigned, Goldman Sachs paid her $675,000 in speaking fees.

Clinton’s deputy in charge of economic policy was Robert Hormats, a former vice chairman of Goldman Sachs. Hormats and Clinton shared an extensive email trail about the possibility of bailing out Greece, including classified materials, and internal state department memos about the debt from the U.S. ambassador to Greece.

Again, monitoring Greece was part of Clinton’s job description, but, ethically, that does not mean that a family member should make bets that depend upon the actions of another family member—leaving aside the question of whether “insider” information was divulged to Mezvinsky by Blumenthal or his parents-in-law.

During 2011, Secretary of State Clinton lobbied the leaders of European governments to bail out the Greek financial system. She advocated imposing austerity measures on Greece—raising taxes, cutting public employee salaries and eliminating social welfare programs—to make the investors holding the debt happy.

Driven by investor’s belief that Greece would be bailed out, the speculative value of its debt climbed into the stratosphere in late 2011 and early 2012. The bonds gradually sank to 2008 levels by the end of the year, with temporary spikes, as investors alternately gained and loss confidence in the prospect of a bailout. In other words, there were multiple opportunities for Greek-bond hedge funds to buy cheap and sell dear.

At a February 2012 summit meeting about the Eurozone debt crisis in Munich, Clinton urged leaders of the European Union to commit to a Greek bailout.

In April, Eaglevale booked $19 million from a dozen investors. California’s public employee pension fund, CalPERS, reportedly invested $13 million. Goldman Sach’s CEO, Lloyd Blankfein, jumped in with his own money, as did Chelsea Clinton’s former boss, Marc Lasry, who specializes in buying distressed debt.

In May, Blumenthal, emailed two “confidential” memos about the Greek debt situation to Clinton. Hormats was included in the email loop.

The first memo, Blumenthal told Clinton, is “based on conversations with German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schnauble and those close to him … the information comes from an extremely sensitive source and should be handled with care. This information must not be shared with anyone associated with the German government.”

The unnamed spy reported that in secret meetings with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Schnauble had searched for a politically acceptable way to bail out the Greek debt in order to avoid collapsing the economies of Greece, Italy, Spain and Ireland.

The second memo was classified and blacked out by State Department censors when Clinton’s emails were released. No doubt, it was informative.

In June, Clinton’s deputy, Jake Sullivan emailed her “a depressing snapshot” of reports that Greek banks were failing and that Merkel was against a Greek bailout. The next day, he reported “re: Greece” that Ambassador Dan Smith “just spoke to the Central Bank Governor and assessed that the economic situation was “ok for now” provided that “small depositors put money back into the banks.”

A few days later, Clinton asked Sullivan for a confidential state department report, “Solidarity Bonds Greece Revised.” He sent it to her adding, “If you like, send it on [to] WJC," presumably a reference to William Jefferson Clinton.

Clinton ordered an aide, “Pls print two copies” of the Greek bond report. The report was blacked out as a “protected” document when the emails were made public.

Did Mezvinsky benefit from his family connection?

The emails show that Clinton did at least one official favor for her son-in-law. In August 2012, she forwarded Deputy Secretary Thomas Nides an email from Mezvinsky lobbying on behalf of his former Goldman Sachs colleague, Harry Siklas.

Siklas and Goldman Sachs were invested in a deep sea mining venture called Neptune Minerals. Siklas asked Mezvinsky to broker a talk with Clinton about “current legal issues and regulations” on deep sea mining. Clinton ordered Nides to “follow up on this request.”

Nides replied, “I’ll get on it.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31497 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the STOCK Act applies to the Secretary of State?

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Since everyone is speculating- I think the really big issues will be influence peddling, corruption and cashing in on her position for personal gain. As posted above by Sig2340.

The classified information issue is important but probably more esoteric, vague and harder to prove \ make stick.

This thing is probably so vast and convoluted it will take time to sort out.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13411 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Since everyone is speculating- I think the really big issues will be influence peddling, corruption and cashing in on her position for personal gain. As posted above by Sig2340.

The classified information issue is important but probably more esoteric, vague and harder to prove \ make stick.

This thing is probably so vast and convoluted it will take time to sort out.

I do think those are the bigger issues, but there is plenty of evidence to charge her under the official secrets act for her emails. It does not require intent or anything like that, just failing to safeguard secrets, and there's no doubt she's done that. Just one classified email going through her server is a violation, and there is demonstrably several, maybe hundreds.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I think the end game is very near. Being a Holiday weekend, today wouldn't even surprise me. The dems love to toss bad shit out 5 minutes before close so they can take the weekend to spin it.

Either way, I'm going to start praying in earnest for our Republic. What happens in the next days or weeks will determine if all the blood and lives sacrificed since our founding will be for naught.

If there is a Higher Power, I hope he intervenes.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I would really like to sit in tomorrow's FBI interview w Hillary Clinton. Wouldn't that be interesting.

I wonder if the Lynch/Clinton mtg will come up.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I m worried about her cough and headaches.
I hope Satan doesn t call her home before she gets arrested.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15918 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

HA! Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7660 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
Just one classified email going through her server is a violation, and there is demonstrably several, maybe hundreds.

Maybe hundreds? Try thousands.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18391 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Don't tease me like that...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5422 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The word tainted don't even begin to describe these latest events...who's playing whom?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1531 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I would really like to sit in tomorrow's FBI interview w Hillary Clinton. Wouldn't that be interesting.

I wonder if the Lynch/Clinton mtg will come up.

Whoever the FBI chooses to conduct that interview should be very cautious...I would suggest backing in looking at her reflection in a shield...with that Medusa head/harpy thing going on and all...old Hill ain't going to be happy with the latest developments between Bill and the AG creating more negative news stories for her Big Grin ...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Favorite theory of the day: The Clintons know that FBI is going to recommend prosecution for Hillary and Bill on the email and Clinton Foundation investigations, so Bill arranges to meet with Lynch to offer a deal where Hillary will drop out of the Presidential race for "health" reasons if Lynch forgoes prosecution.

Hey, it's as good as any other speculation!

Posts: 6066 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Favorite theory of the day: The Clintons know that FBI is going to recommend prosecution for Hillary and Bill on the email and Clinton Foundation investigations, so Bill arranges to meet with Lynch to offer a deal where Hillary will drop out of the Presidential race for "health" reasons if Lynch forgoes prosecution.

Hey, it's as good as any other speculation!

Are we related? That idea had been going through my head for at least a month but I figured it would be in Sept. so Trump wouldn't have time to build a battle plan for his new opponent.

I think he will be facing a Warren/Sanders ticket.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
What's the over/under on the number of times Hillary invokes the 5th or uses some form of "I don't recall."?

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
What's the over/under on the number of times Hillary invokes the 5th or uses some form of "I don't recall."?

If she does even once, it will be a huge issue that everyone can hammer her on. I bet she has another health issue that keeps her from testifying.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Can anyone point me to an article about the FBI announcing her interview? This is the first I have heard of it. Thanks.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07...ith-fbi-on-saturday/

US EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton Scheduled To Meet With FBI On Saturday

Former Sec. of State Hillary Clinton is scheduled to meet Saturday with the FBI, a source close to the investigation into her private email server tells The Daily Caller.

The source went on to suggest the interview may take place at her Washington, D.C. home.

was not a formal FBI announcement
always possible the story is not true

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
"Attorney General Lynch's meeting with President Clinton creates the appearance of a violation of law, ethical standards and good judgment," the group said in a statement. "Attorney General Lynch's decision to breach the well-defined ethical standards of the Department of Justice and the American legal profession is an outrageous abuse of the public's trust."

This right here should hang Lynch and the Clinton's together.

And she wants to put him 'in charge of the economy'.

Posts: 2816 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Report This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this wasn't done to get HRC out so the " base " can rally around Biden or another against the horrible Republicans.

Posts: 2080 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post