SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Here's the story on Lynch's comments today:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...be.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Calling it “the question of the day,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Friday she will accept the recommendations of non-political subordinates on whether to bring charges against Hillary Clinton and her use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state.

“I don’t have a role in those findings,” Lynch said at a summit in Colorado. “They are acting independently.”

Lynch’s comments highlight the intense scrutiny surrounding the probe into the past use of an exclusive email server by Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

The move to defer action to the findings of career prosecutors and investigators comes amid an uproar over Lynch’s meeting this week with former President Bill Clinton.

The Justice Department had been planning on such a course for months, Lynch said, and her move did not have to do with growing criticism following reports that Lynch met with the former president on her government plane.

Although Lynch claims the two discussed golf and grandchildren, legal watchdogs have called the meeting highly improper and called for the Department of Justice’s Inspector General to investigate.

“No matter how I viewed it, I understand how other people view it,” she said, acknowledging the meeting raised eyebrows over the impartiality of the investigation into Hillary Clinton.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/...ail-probe/index.html

Attorney General Loretta Lynch will accept the determinations and findings of the FBI and career prosecutors who are investigating Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, Lynch said Friday.

Lynch made the pledge Friday at Aspen Ideas Festival, following questions raised when she met privately with former President Bill Clinton at a Phoenix airport earlier this week.
"I certainly wouldn't do it again because I think it has cast this shadow over what it should not, over what it will not touch," Lynch said at the event, adding, "It's important to make it clear that that meeting with President Clinton does not have a bearing on how this matter will be reviewed and resolved."
The assurances from Lynch follow criticism stemming from the meeting with Bill Clinton. Clinton joined Lynch aboard her plane while both were on the tarmac. Lynch said the pair mostly talked about grandchildren and a little golf.
"It really was a social meeting, and it was, it really was in that regard," she said. "He spoke to me, he spoke to my husband for some time on the plane, and then we moved on."
But she said she understood why the incident caused concerns, and said it was "painful" to her that the Justice Department's integrity was called into question.
"No matter how I viewed it, I understand how people view it," she said.
The meeting instantly drew criticism from Republicans and even some Democrats, who said that just the decision for the two to interact was a mistake while the Justice Department is conducting an investigation of Clinton's private email server.
As news broke Friday morning that Lynch would address the elephant in the room at Aspen Ideas, hoards of people left early morning panels to rush to hear her speak.
Lynch was unequivocal in repeating that career prosecutors and investigators -- not political appointees -- would be presenting her with findings from the investigation and recommendations on what to do next.
"I will be accepting their recommendations," she said.
The meeting and its fallout are sure to worry some Democrats who see Clinton as the only candidate standing between Donald Trump and the White House. Not only is the fate of her campaign largely in the hands of the Justice Department, but this was an entirely avoidable incident that hits her on one of her most persistent vulnerabilities -- how voters doubt her trustworthiness.
The No. 2 Republican in the Senate, Texas Sen. John Cornyn, called for a special counsel Thursday to take over the investigation into the private server, citing the appearance of impropriety.
"This incident does nothing to instill confidence in the American people that her department can fully and fairly conduct this investigation, and that's why a special counsel is needed now more than ever," Cornyn said in a statement.
The conservative legal watchdog group Judicial Watch that has led the charge in suing for access to Hillary Clinton's email records also jumped on the news, calling for an investigation into what transpired between Lynch and Clinton.
"Attorney General Lynch's meeting with President Clinton creates the appearance of a violation of law, ethical standards and good judgment," the group said in a statement. "Attorney General Lynch's decision to breach the well-defined ethical standards of the Department of Justice and the American legal profession is an outrageous abuse of the public's trust."
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump also spotlighted the encounter on the campaign trail and on Twitter.
"Take a look at what happened w/ Bill Clinton. The system is totally rigged. Does anybody really believe that meeting was just a coincidence?" Trump wrote Friday, in a trio of tweets on the incident Friday morning.
And Democratic Sen. Chris Coons also joined the fray, expressing confidence in Lynch's objectivity but decrying the meeting, even if innocuous, as sending the wrong signal.
"I think she should have said, 'Look, I recognize you have a long record of leadership on fighting crime, but this is not the time for us to have that conversation. After the election is over, I'd welcome your advice,'" Coons told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day" Thursday.
The White House has maintained that the Justice Department is keeping politics out of the investigation, which is happening at the same time as Hillary Clinton's run for office.
Without commenting directly on Lynch's meeting, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest reiterated Thursday that President Barack Obama is committed to avoiding "political interference" in Department of Justice investigations, and said Lynch understands investigations should be "conducted free of political influence and consistent with the facts."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/video...l-not-recuse-myself/

Lynch is still saying the recommendations will come from DoJ career prosecutors and the FBI. She is not saying she will do whatever the FBI says as in a blank check.

the matter’s being handled by career agents and investigators with the Department of Justice.

They will make recommendations as to how to resolve what those facts lead to. The recommendations will be reviewed by career supervisors in the Department of Justice and in the FBI, and by the FBI director, and then as is the common process, they present it to me and I fully expect to accept their recommendations.

CAPEHART: When you say again, this must be the journalist in me and the linguist in me, accepting to me means here, Madam Attorney General, here are our findings and you completely accept them whole-heatedly and issue them to the public or you accept them, look them over and then make your own determination as to what the final determination will be?

LYNCH: No. the final determination as to how to proceed will be contained within the recommendations in the report and whatever format the team puts it together, that has not been resolved, whatever report they provide to me. There will be a review of their investigation. There will be review of what they have found and determined to have happened and occurred and it will be their determinations as to how they feel the case should proceed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.breitbart.com/video...l-not-recuse-myself/

Lynch is still saying the recommendations will come from DoJ career prosecutors and the FBI. She is not saying she will do whatever the FBI says as in a blank check.

the matter’s being handled by career agents and investigators with the Department of Justice.

They will make recommendations as to how to resolve what those facts lead to. The recommendations will be reviewed by career supervisors in the Department of Justice and in the FBI, and by the FBI director, and then as is the common process, they present it to me and I fully expect to accept their recommendations.

CAPEHART: When you say again, this must be the journalist in me and the linguist in me, accepting to me means here, Madam Attorney General, here are our findings and you completely accept them whole-heatedly and issue them to the public or you accept them, look them over and then make your own determination as to what the final determination will be?

LYNCH: No. the final determination as to how to proceed will be contained within the recommendations in the report and whatever format the team puts it together, that has not been resolved, whatever report they provide to me. There will be a review of their investigation. There will be review of what they have found and determined to have happened and occurred and it will be their determinations as to how they feel the case should proceed.

And just before the comments you quoted, she said this:

LYNCH: Recusal would mean I wouldn’t even be briefed on what the findings were or what the actions going forward would be. And while I don’t have a role in those coming up with those findings or making those recommendations as to how to go forward, I will be briefed on it and i will be accepting their recommendations.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, now that you have all your bullshit arranged, let's get on with it.

Posts: 107857 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
Personally, I do not believe anything anyone in this administration says, especially those that are higher up the food chain.

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if she accepts the indictment recommendation, what are the chances that she and her team will prepare a vigorous prosecution of Hillary and her minions??

Posts: 1805 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All that's needed is the recommendation of charges, from the FBI. Then, it all comes tumbling down. Can we agree that, prison or not, Hillary Clinton is entirely unqualified to be POTUS? If you agree with me, look to the FBI.

By the way, does anyone know how the "private meeting" between Lynch and Bill Clinton made the news? What is the source of the story?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107857 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All that's needed is the recommendation of charges, from the FBI. Then, it all comes tumbling down. Can we agree that, prison or not, Hillary Clinton is entirely unqualified to be POTUS? If you agree with me, look to the FBI.

Agree 100%. Indictment recommendation - President Trump.

I still want her ass in jail though!

ETA: in light of the leaked emails, hacking reports and especially the State Dept IG report, I am of the opinion that the FBI would lose all credibility if they return a "no bill" recommendation.

Posts: 1805 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
"No matter how I viewed it, I understand how people view it," she said.

Ya think?

What’s worse? That the effing Attorney General of the United States wouldn’t appreciate how a clandestine meeting with the husband of the subject of one of the highest-level and most sensitive investigations in the history of the nation would be viewed by the public, or that she would truly believe that the public would just roll over and accept that it was only a friendly chat about grandchildren and golf?! This is just one more incident that speaks volumes about this Administration.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47431 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
By the way, does anyone know how the "private meeting" between Lynch and Bill Clinton made the news? What is the source of the story?

ABC 15 - the local news station in Phoenix had a reporter who got an anonymous tip that they were meeting on the tarmac and the reporter asked Lynch about it in a local news conference.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06...ne-in-phoenix-video/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Christopher Sign, local Phoenix news anchor, was tipped off. He doesn't say by whom.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24192 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:

Someone called a reporter and tipped them off to ask her about the meeting at a press conference.

Recon who that was?...

ETA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-cQqxnySI

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6227 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Christopher Sign, local Phoenix news anchor, was tipped off. He doesn't say by whom.

And none of the National news organizations had any clue about this meeting, and neither would we if it weren't for this local reporter. When this reporter got this tip, he said his jaw dropped; he simply couldn't believe it could be true.

From an earlier post by sdy, here is the interview with him by O'Reilly:

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-cQqxnySI

The above link is a Bill OReilly interview w the reporter who broke the story of the Lynch/Clinton meeting.

Pretty suspicious

Lynch's plane was parked in a private area of the airport reserved for big shots.

The reporter got a tip from a trusted source. He followed up and got the same info from another source. So the reporter asked Lynch about it directly in a news conference.

The sources said the FBI at the airplanes were instructing everyone on the ground "no photos" and "no cell phones"

I bet we would never had heard about this if the source hadn't provided the tip.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30497 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Ratted out by the fuel truck driver for the FBO.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31506 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07...ith-fbi-on-saturday/

Former Sec. of State Hillary Clinton is scheduled to meet Saturday with the FBI, a source close to the investigation into her private email server tells The Daily Caller.

The source went on to suggest the interview may take place at her Washington, D.C. home.

Lynch has a secret mtg w Bill Clinton on Monday

Nothing is made public

On Wednesday a reporter makes the mtg known

Daily Caller says the FBI plans to interview Hillary Clinton on Saturday.

and Lynch says they talked about grandkids and golf. If I had the power, I would fire Lynch right now.

posted Hide Post
As the old saying about 'shit' goes. . .

"The more you stir it up the more it stinks."

. . .and the 'stink' here is approaching critical mass.

Let's hope that there is a lot more stirring to go!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
As the old saying about 'shit' goes. . .

"The more you stir it up the more it stinks."

. . .and the 'stink' here is approaching critical mass.

Let's hope that there is a lot more stirring to go!

Enough stirring. Time to serve it up on a platter.

Hey, Hilz...ya best don your bib. It's gonna get nasty

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30497 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Every person I know that says they are going to vote for Hillary is so goddam brainwashed that 1. They don't believe she did anything wrong, it's the Republicans going after her, and 2. Are voting for her no matter what.

Now, I make it a point to not know too many people that vote that way, but my dad's side of the family are GDCs.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11452 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Attorney General Lynch's meeting with President Clinton creates the appearance of a violation of law, ethical standards and good judgment," the group said in a statement. "Attorney General Lynch's decision to breach the well-defined ethical standards of the Department of Justice and the American legal profession is an outrageous abuse of the public's trust."

This right here should hang Lynch and the Clinton's together.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38033 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post