SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

This is why I won't run for public office.

I just know, somewhere, there's a red light cam photo of me that would go public ...

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15925 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Don't worry ! I would vote for you, regardless Big Grin

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2002757

White House press secretary Josh Earnest insisted that President Obama's endorsement of Hillary Clinton will not "sway" the ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton.

The statement came after Obama released a video endorsing Clinton for president of the United States.

Later this afternoon, according to the White House, Obama is meeting with the attorney general. The meeting is "closed press."

The topic of Obama's closed door meeting with Lynch has not been made public.

adding more on what Earnest said:

"That's why the president, when discussing this issue in each stage, has reiterated his commitment to this principle that any criminal investigation should be conducted independent of any sort of political interference and that people should be treated the same way before the law regardless of their political influence, regardless of their political party, regardless of their political stature and regardless of what political figure has endorsed them,"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I hope Comey and Co. are ready to do what needs to be done by whatever means necessary.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

White House press secretary Josh Earnest insisted that President Obama's endorsement of Hillary Clinton will not "sway" the ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton.

The statement came after Obama released a video endorsing Clinton for president of the United States.

Later this afternoon, according to the White House, Obama is meeting with the attorney general. The meeting is "closed press."

So the attorney geneeral has to decide how to act on any recommendation from the FBI on criminal charges. The AG serves at the pleasure of the president - the same guy who just endorsed Hillary. How is this not a conflict of interest? I can't think of a better case for a special prosecutor.

Posts: 6067 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Napolitano: An Obama endorsement for Hillary a big problem

http://video.foxnews.com/v/493...hpvid1#sp=show-clips

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

So the attorney geneeral has to decide how to act on any recommendation from the FBI on criminal charges. The AG serves at the pleasure of the president - the same guy who just endorsed Hillary. How is this not a conflict of interest? I can't think of a better case for a special prosecutor.
Of course its a conflict of interest. A huge one in fact. Barry has both the FBI and DOJ reporting to him (i.e. the executive). Hillary is under 'investigation' (not a security review) by the FBI, and the DOJ 'may' very well have to field a referral for indictment. There is 'no' argument whatsoever there is not a huge conflict of interest here.

This POS is soooooooooo criminal and soooooooooo contemptuous of the law and the populace of this country that once again, he'll do as he pleases and seek to squash anything the FBI might put forward. "A country of laws and not of men", not in a Barry regime.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This too will pass.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The witch should burn But this seems more like a Coronation.

The other side of my split personality thinks- This could be like obamas declaration "ISIS is a JV Team" and "ISIS Is Contained". Short lived miscalculations on his part.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13414 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
White House calls FBI probe into Clinton's classified emails a 'criminal investigation'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ma-endorses-her.html

Barack Obama's spokesman described the FBI's probe into Hillary Clinton's classified email scandal as a 'criminal investigation' on Thursday, less than an hour after the president endorsed his embattled former secretary of state to succeed him.

Josh Earnest told reporters during a White House press briefing that Obama was committed to keeping his hands off the investigation, trusting career investigators and prosecutors to follow evidence wherever it leads.
'That's what their responsibility is,' Earnest said. 'And that's why the president, when discussing this issue in each stage, has reiterated his commitment to this principle that any criminal investigation should be conducted independent of any sort of political interference.'

A search Thursday through White House briefing transcripts for similar acknowledgements turned up none.
Republican National Committee spokesman Michael Short crowed to reporters that 'the White House’s admission that the FBI is investigating Hillary Clinton’s email server as a "criminal" matter shreds her dishonest claim that it is a routine "security inquiry".'
'This is another reminder of her reckless conduct as Obama’s secretary of state, where her attempt to skirt government transparency laws exposed highly classified information and put our national security at risk.'
Obama gave Clinton his official nod Thursday in a video message, saying: 'I know how hard this job can be. That's why I know Hillary will be so good at it. In fact, I don't think there's ever been someone so qualified to hold this office.'
In the press briefing that followed, a Fox News Channel reporter challenged Earnest on the question of whether civil servants in the U.S. Department of Justice might see the presidential endorsement as a signal that it was time to wrap up their investigations.
Clinton has been dogged for more than a year by charges that she exposed state secrets to hackers and foreign governments by keeping all her email correspondence on a private homebrew server while she was secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.
Depending on evidentiary nuances, that could violate the U.S. Espionage Act and subject Clinton to 10 years in prison, even if she put classified documents in an 'unsecured' location through simple negligence.
Clinton said Wednesday that she 'absolutely' will not face a criminal indictment.

More than 2,000 such documents have been identified in State Department reviews of emails that Clinton turned over in late 2014 – nearly two years after she was supposed to. She also deleted more than 32,000 messages, unilaterally deeming them 'personal' in nature.
Earnest insisted that 'the reason that the president feels confident that he can go out and make this endorsement and record a video in which he describes his strong support for Secretary Clinton's campaign is that he knows the people who are conducting the investigation aren't going to be swayed by any sort of political interference.'
'They aren't going to be swayed by political forces. They know that their investigation should be guided by the facts and that they should follow the evidence where it leads. The President has complete confidence that that's exactly what they'll do,' he said.
The reporter asked Earnest whether or not Obama had ever discussed the FBI investigation with Clinton, who is now the Democratic Party's presumptive nominee.
'He has not,' the president's spokesman answered.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This too will pass.

Exactly as I have been saying all along. This is nothing but a little bump in the road for Hillary.
There will be no indictment. The sitting President endorses her to be his predecessor and his administration turns around and indicts her????
Please, granted we are living in some whacky times but if there was a shred of a possibility of an indictment, no way would he endorse her.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25476 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Will hildabeast get special treatment? She already is. The MSM like CNN is already singing praises to how she "shattered the glass ceiling" and "is making history". All they say about The Donald is that "he be racist" and Paul Ryan doesn't like him.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This too will pass.

Exactly as I have been saying all along. This is nothing but a little bump in the road for Hillary.
There will be no indictment. The sitting President endorses her to be his predecessor and his administration turns around and indicts her????
Please, granted we are living in some whacky times but if there was a shred of a possibility of an indictment, no way would he endorse her.

Thst's not exactly what I meant, nor what I think.

You can, if you wish.

One way or another, this will eventually be history.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barack Obama's spokesman described the FBI's probe into Hillary Clinton's classified email scandal as a 'criminal investigation' on Thursday, less than an hour after the president endorsed his embattled former secretary of state to succeed him.

Holy smokes. I'm going back to occasionally pimping my pet conspiracy theory that Obama is going to use this to cripple Hillary politically so he can be sure of taking control of the DNC away from Bill Clinton.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I know I'm delusional, but I frankly don't think the President of the United States should endorse, or campaign for, anyone for public office. Even though the titular head of the party, the President was elected to be the President of the entire population, and that includes people who support all parties. It is a conflict of interest just to give support to one candidate over another, because it is indicative of an inability to serve all without bias. (Yeah--I know--delusional.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I know I'm delusional, but I frankly don't think the President of the United States should endorse, or campaign for, anyone for public office. Even though the titular head of the party, the President was elected to be the President of the entire population, and that includes people who support all parties. It is a conflict of interest just to give support to one candidate over another, because it is indicative of an inability to serve all without bias. (Yeah--I know--delusional.)

flashguy

Bingo! Truer words cannot be spoken. You are the President of the United States. Your job is to represent all of the people, not just your party. So show a little class and... What am I saying. I must have blacked out there for a minute.

He will go campaign for her using tax payer dollars, then play 18 holes while he is doing it. Our tax payer dollars at work. Is it January yet?

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1116 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Holy smokes. I'm going back to occasionally pimping my pet conspiracy theory that Obama is going to use this to cripple Hillary politically so he can be sure of taking control of the DNC away from Bill Clinton.

Yes, there would appear to be some significance here. I'm surprised that they used this language.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Obama endorses Hillary then immediately has a closed door meeting with Loretta Lynch - does the media run with this story? No, this is what we get:

http://hotair.com/archives/201...nutes-of-each-other/

All the major media run with story planted by Hillary campaign. Not coordinated Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Why should the Hillary case be any different. He spoke out in Travon Martin, Ferguson, Freddy Gray,etc. Yet he says he doesn't use his office to sway the outcome BULLSHIT!

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It now comes down to whether the FBI is more political then patriotic. If they were to be swayed or under the administrations thumb I think they would have released their recommendation of no wrong doing months ago.
Hillary is sick and tired of this dogging her.
If she or Obama held influence over the FBI this would already be over.
I'm still hopeful.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8544 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post