SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is a confusing article.

It says the State Dept filed a secret court brief to hide the 30,000 emails that Clinton deleted.

I thought the only people who could have those now would be the FBI. The FBI hasn't even formally acknowledged that they were able to recover them.

http://www.investors.com/polit...-a-hillary-cover-up/

The State Department filed a secret court brief in an effort to hide tens of thousands of Hillary Clinton’s emails. What is in those emails that the State Department wants to cover up?

If it’s classified material, there are ways to deal with that. Many of her already released emails had classified information redacted. What’s so special about these emails and the court filing that the State Department wants to keep them hidden? Is this really just an effort by State to maintain the integrity of its own email investigation, as it says it is?

At issue are the 30,000 emails that Clinton generated while secretary of state — and then deleted because she deemed them to be too personal for public consumption — that have never been released. They are supposedly personal in nature. But Vice news reporter Jason Leopold seems to believe differently and is suing for their release through the Freedom of Information Act. The State Department’s response was to submit a classified filing to the court, asking that the emails continue to be withheld.

U.S. District Court Judge Randy Moss, however, has ordered State Department lawyers to make at least part of the secret filing public. If the State Department believes there is sensitive material in the emails or the filing that, if released, will harm its own investigation and cannot be properly redacted, it has until April 26 to show cause

Our concern is that those emails might never be released, especially with the State Department using its clout to keep them under cover.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.realclearpolitics.c...congress_130368.html

A lawyer for the former Hillary Clinton staffer who set up her private email server has told Congress that his client still will not appear before Senate committees investigating the matter.

The Senate committees on the judiciary and homeland security had renewed their request to question Bryan Pagliano about the server after news broke that the FBI, which is also investigating the server, had offered him immunity...

I think his talking to the FBI is far more important. These hearings tend to get theatrical, and while I enjoy seeing liars exposed on national news, I'll take criminal charges over public embarrassment.

Far more important. As we have seen, Congress is ok for publicity, exposing wrong doing, tyranny and demagoguery, less satisfactory for inflicting justice, which is how we ought to want it.

Be patient. We are being whipped towards frenzy not only by our own notions of "justice" but by the media which has a lot of columns and minutes to fill, eyeballs to attract.

We don't really know (although we think we do) the detailed facts that prove potential charges beyond a reasonable doubt, or provide defenses to those charges, all critical to a just outcome. This isn't like a 7-11 stick up, where there are witnesses, a relatively brief activity, loads of experience trying those case. To the contrary, here we have potentially criminal acts occurring over a very lengthy time span, involving potentially dozens of actors and witnesses, tens of thousands of documents, not all of which are straight forward in meaning and scope as regards evidence of crime. Some of the witnesses may be potentially guilty, and have rights to not incriminate themselves so their testimony might not be available at trial. Moreover, national security implications must be understood and impacts weighed of foregoing whatever probative value those might provide versus exposing them, and how to deal with the imperfection of all this when a very formidable defense team gets involved, pointing out inconsistencies, ambiguities, uncertainties, biases and gaps. All of this must be discovered, analyzed, weighed, planned, under the greatest imaginable pressure.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lawyer for the former Hillary Clinton staffer who set up her private email server has told Congress that his client still will not appear before Senate committees investigating the matter.

< snicperdoodles ]

... the FBI, which is also investigating the server, had offered him immunity...

On what conceivable grounds can he refuse if he has, in fact, been given immunity from prosecution?

Don't grants of immunity from prosecution require full and unreserved disclosure?

If he is backing away from full disclosure, then the FBI needs to start up the gears of justice again to grind that fucker into a very fine powder.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31488 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think anything will happen to her, the whitehouse has already said it was no big deal,and so far what they say goes or you lose your job. Or if someone does have the balls to stand up to the whitehouse, I bet she will be pardoned, I don't have much faith in any of the government dept. anymore, bunch of cover your ass, do nothing, useless folks.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt she will probably be pardoned. Same with her husband and kid. It will be exposed for what it is. This is more about corruption of power more than an individual.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here is a short video of Chris Wallace interviewing Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Clinton's emails.

Warning: it is just more frustration listening to DWS bullshit her way through the standard Clinton team talking points.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...clinton-email-server

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Can the Obama administration really refuse to indict Clinton if virtually all Republicans, a majority of independents, and almost half of all Democrats think she ought to be indicted?

We shall see... This could be the biggest earthquake in American politics ever. Come on James.
Of course they can, but I think it would be a huge mistake. Might finally result in impeachments.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The info & facts make in this thread make for fine reading, my opinion, nothing will happen.

Sadly, all this seems to be for show, government officals are not punished...hell they can't even be fired, just take the 5th & the citizens in time, will forget all the hullabaloo.

Posts: 5770 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How many times are you guys going to say "Nothing's going to happen" before you realize that no one around here, especially me, is interested in hearing your defeatist shit?? Just keep your gloom to your selves. Some of you guys can't wait to be unhappy.

Just cut it out. What good does it do? Really, come on. Stop it. I mean it.

Posts: 107774 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I apologize para.

Posts: 5770 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Here is a short video of Chris Wallace interviewing Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Clinton's emails.

Warning: it is just more frustration listening to DWS bullshit her way through the standard Clinton team talking points.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...clinton-email-server

DWS is so in the bag for Hilz. I know Dems that are looking forward to her going away. They think the GOP head is doing a better job than her.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
A pardon might be more damaging than an indictment.

For one thing, it would expose who is left in America that has a modicum of moral sensibility, instead of clammering for more free shit.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

For one thing, it would expose who is left in America that has a modicum of moral sensibility, instead of clammering for more free shit.

Agreed. But with one pen stroke Zippy can give one last Fuck You to the American people and the Clintons. And his hate of the Clintons and disgust to the average American is well known.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Agreed. But with one pen stroke Zippy can give one last Fuck You to the American people and the Clintons. And his hate of the Clintons and disgust to the average American is well known.

If a pardon would make her unelectable, I'd be on the next plane to DC to talk to anybody on the WH staff who might influence the decision favorably. Of course, I have neither bargaining power nor influence with the God Damned Commies.

The trouble is in this ever more debauched world, one cannot be sure that someone pardoned in these circumstances would be unthinkable to vote for.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How many times in this thread have I asked you guys to cut out the defeatist talk? How many times have I asked that you guys cease with the "nothing's going to happen" stuff? How many times have I asked for you to cease with all this pardon speculation? How many times?

Cut it out. Stop it. Get it through your head. Stop shitting in this thread with your defeatist bullshit. Stop it.

You guys all predicting pardons? You don't have any more idea of what's going to happen then we do, so just stop trying to depress everyone with that shit.

Posts: 107774 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I have to think that in the end, Comey will do the right thing. The amount of man hours put into this must be staggering. You just cant toss up your arms and say "meh...it was nothing".

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I was listening to something on C-SPAN and one of the people being interviewed whose name I can't recollect but he was a well-known Democratic party supporter and one of the investigative reporters who sank Gary Hart. He made the observation about the Clinton email scandal that is actually a worse scandal than the Watergate tapes were for Nixon. His position was that it demonstrated a lack of foresight in planning out the criminal conspiracy to hide the truth. Too many items have been found and too much information has seen the light of day for the story to remain the backburner item. Eventually an enterprising reporter will find the key information and make it public, just like the Miami Herald did it with Gary Hart and the woman with whom he was having an affair.

Once Hart was confronted, his first attempt was to dismiss it as none of their business. Hart then moved on to attempting to deny it. Once that failed he attempted to own it but by that time it was off to the races and the reporters ran the rest of the story to ground and in the matter of 3 weeks his presidential ambitions relegated to the scrap heap of hubris.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31488 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I was listening to something on C-SPAN and one of the people being interviewed whose name I can't recollect but he was a well-known Democratic party supporter and one of the investigative reporters who sank Gary Hart. He made the observation about the Clinton email scandal that is actually a worse scandal than the Watergate tapes were for Nixon. His position was that it demonstrated a lack of foresight in planning out the criminal conspiracy to hide the truth. Too many items have been found and too much information has seen the light of day for the story to remain the backburner item. Eventually an enterprising reporter will find the key information and make it public, just like the Miami Herald did it with Gary Hart and the woman with whom he was having an affair.

Once Hart was confronted, his first attempt was to dismiss it as none of their business. Hart then moved on to attempting to deny it. Once that failed he attempted to own it but by that time it was off to the races and the reporters ran the rest of the story to ground and in the matter of 3 weeks his presidential ambitions relegated to the scrap heap of hubris.

The big difference was in 1988 the Dems had a really deep field. They could sacrifice a player and the party will keep rolling along. Today, the Dems are really long in the tooth, and there are few 'new blood' Dems. Hell, everyone is hoping Biden will be the dark house and get the Nom at the convention. He was a candidate back in '88 till a reporter called him out for plagiarizing a speech from a British politician.

Hilz is their hope. Bernie might energize the free shit crowd, but he will make Mondale in 84 look like a viable candidate.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
If DOJ opts not to prosecute if given that recommendation...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/486...hpvid1#sp=show-clips

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I still think the house is plummeting tword Kansas and Hil is not moving. The chances are good my pretty.