SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Inspector General's report to a congressional committee. Appears to have stirred up a shyte storm in congress.

Link when I can find it.

Where is the server and why does her personal attorney have access to intelligence secrets?

Please arrest her on television, pleez, pleez, pleez. Arrest her lawyer too.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
That's impossible, she's said several times that she never sent ANY classified material via her private email server.

Although I've yet to hear an explanation of how a Secretary of State can do their job while never exchanging anything that's classified.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
As long as the Justice Department is in the control of Attorney General Whatzername, Congress will be largely impotent, other than whatever hell they raise in public opinion, because their contempt citations are handled by the Justice Department.

The U.S. District Judge may be a bigger problem for her. Contempt, perjury, and worse.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Why is the justice dept a part of the executive branch?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://hotair.com/archives/201...ivate-e-mail-server/

A U.S. official says the FBI has taken possession of Hillary Rodham Clinton’s emails, a few of which have been deemed to contain classified information.

The official is not authorized to be quoted by name and requested anonymity.

The official says the FBI recovered two thumb drives containing the emails from Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall.

It was disclosed her top aides are being drawn into a burgeoning federal inquiry and that two emails on her private account have been classified as “Top Secret.”

The inspector general for the Intelligence Community notified senior members of Congress that two of four classified emails discovered on the server Clinton maintained at her New York home contained material deemed to be in one of the highest security classifications – more sensitive than previously known…

Despite the acknowledgment, the State Department inspector general’s office has left numerous unanswered questions, including exactly who and what is being investigated.

The office initially declined to comment and referred questions to the Intelligence Community inspector general’s office, which said it is not currently involved in any inquiry into aides and is being denied full access to aides’ emails by the State Department. Clinton, herself, is not a target.

If someone had TS on a private email system, they would typically lose their clearance, they would be fired, and a serious investigation would be held to determine if criminal charges should be brought.

adding: Given the wording, the email may not have been labeled TS in its original form. But upon IG inspection of the email, they may have decided that the material was indeed at the TS classification level.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
But...they won't actually throw her in prison and destroy her life...like they'd do to any of us. The public embarrassment will be punishment enough...they'll say...

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Of course there were Top Secret and Classified messages on her server. How could the Secretary of State of the United States never send nor receive Classified and Top Secret emails, yet manage to accumulate tens of thousands of pages of official messages? Never for one second did I think it was possible there were no such messages flowing through her private account, since she did not have a .gov account.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I was in the service, if I released top secret or secret info i would have been locked up.

Period.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Where else would you put it?

It seemed like a good idea before anyone realized such sleaze balls would be appointed, and confirmed, as Attorney General.

There have been other AGs who have messed up. John Mitchell ended up in jail. Richard Kleindienst pled guilty to fibbing. Harry Daugherty was under a very dark cloud but I don't recall him being prosecuted.

It used to be such a prestigious position in the profession only very highly thought of lawyers of impeccable standing would even be considered. That all changed with Bobby Kennedy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Do you know what "TOP SECRET" means?

It used to mean "... information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security."

Today it means "Tomorrow morning's headline in the New York Times and/or Washington Post."

The fed.gov fucked Scooter Libby (who deserved it) over lying about the disclosure of classified information. Why not do the same to Hillary Clinton?

Oh, that's right, she's anointed as fuck Barrack Obama's successor.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Any other Joe would have been imprisoned several times over by now. At the very least, had it been a Republican he would've been forced to endure public humiliation before resigning his office.

But what the hell, when does football season start again?

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
Ergh: you all are making me defend Hillary. There are segregated networks used for official purposes, both unclassified, classified, and special compartmentalized. Nothing has come out as being 'marked' classified yet.

Yes, her initial defense was that there was nothing in the emails she turned over was classified. There was nothing classified sent to or from the server. It trended towards a claim that nothing was classified at the time, and now we're at nothing being marked classified.

What we need, as an additional nail, is an email conversation, MARKED classified, between her and anyone else. Preferably, an email that can't be found among the 55,000 pages of emails she turned over.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

Founders felt that criminal justice needed to be in a different branch than the judges. Separation and balance of powers, and all that.

Posts: 15026 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:

Founders felt that criminal justice needed to be in a different branch than the judges. Separation and balance of powers, and all that.

Actually, it was more about the role. The AG (which predates the DOJ by about a century) was to provide legal counsel to POTUS. That's why it's a cabinet level position in the executive branch.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
How this plays out will show if the Obamas feel like covering for her or if they really want to throw her to the wolves.
Who are they closer to, her or Biden?

Posts: 9499 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:
Ergh: you all are making me defend Hillary. There are segregated networks used for official purposes, both unclassified, classified, and special compartmentalized. Nothing has come out as being 'marked' classified yet.

Yes, her initial defense was that there was nothing in the emails she turned over was classified. There was nothing classified sent to or from the server. It trended towards a claim that nothing was classified at the time, and now we're at nothing being marked classified.

What we need, as an additional nail, is an email conversation, MARKED classified, between her and anyone else. Preferably, an email that can't be found among the 55,000 pages of emails she turned over.

I don't think we'll see a conversation marked classified. SIPR & DNET & SOIS allow you to select the classification level you want on each message, and physically delete previous classifications by others. Ergo, I can mark classified info as unclass..... It's a clear violation of my responsibilities and a crime, but this is what she supposedly did. In that case the info would still be classified but not marked. I've seen a guy get majorly burned on this because he wanted to print out info but didn't want to walk around with marked classified. People noticed the content and the ensuing WTF cost that individual a LOT.

2 other things stand out: first, she is using a thumb drive???? Flash based media is absolutely not allowed on government system including unclassified. Second, the mere ability of her to move info from a secret system to an unclass home system is mind boggling. That alone is a crime even if she didn't move any info, secret or unclass. We aren't allowed to connect those systems! The systems are seperated because our enemies can move freely in cyber space. If she had that link in place, you can be sure our adversaries knew and were intercepting it all.

This whole thing is so bad I'm struggling to wrap my mind around the scope. If she had a personal unsecured system capable of receiving messages from her secured systems she committed a major crime.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
How this plays out will show if the Obamas feel like covering for her or if they really want to throw her to the wolves.
Who are they closer to, her or Biden?

I think HUSSEIN is beginning to turn the screw. First they were gonna release her emails over many months....so that they will always be in the headlines. Then two different federal investigations begin.... I think HUSSEIN will try to destroy her.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

Note the sentence:
IC classification officials reviewed two additional emails and judged that they co]ntained classified State Department information WHEN ORIGINATED

Stephen Miller
‏@redsteeze
The middle class needs a champion who will fight for them from federal prison, and I want to be that champion @HillaryClinton
https://twitter.com/redsteeze/...s/631247265944989697

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any statements that claim the contents of one of her emails were classified at the time, yet; so far everything has been classified now. The flash drive is another issue entirely. Those are the bane of Information Assurance folks, and a major EKMS trouble.

I am waiting for a statement that Spillage occurred; a dreaded word at every command I've been to. I don't think the streams were crossed, just that people were cross posting classified information into unclassified systems because it was to hard for her to use multiple devices (note: I don't believe that bull shit either).

Edited: Where the fuck did that document come from? That is a sizable demarkation in the header.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post