SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colion Noir Joe Rogan podcast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colion Noir Joe Rogan podcast Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's not like Rogan is putting one out every day.

No, essentially Monday-Friday. He has 20 out in the last 30 days. Even then, it is wicked hard to figure out which are good and which are crap. I thought his conversation with Bill burr, Jocko and Bret Weinstein were all pretty good. The Elon interview was pretty good too, but that was just 2 hours.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally finished the Noir interview. Overall good, I wished Rogan would've allowed Noir to fully expand on the BLM = Marxist/Maoist onion peeling, that needs a whole lot of sunlight because we know big media is helping to polish it up for digestible masses. Eric Weinstein touched on this also and I think Rogan has a hard time delving into political theory, allowing his own interests or, theories, to overwhelm the discussion. As an example, he continually refers back to Navy SEAL training as it applies to LEO training/procedures...two different things Joe, fruits & vegetables.

While Jocko is an interesting guest, Rogan needs to get other SOF members other than SEALs (how many times has Jack Carr, Andy Stumpf, Jocko, Goggins, Thompson, etc..been on) and more importantly, LEO members (not FBI) to get a better formed opinion. While I get he's trying to play centrists to the current zeitgeist, he continually falls into the emotionally reacting before learning facts traps that video & imagery give.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:

No, essentially Monday-Friday. He has 20 out in the last 30 days. Even then, it is wicked hard to figure out which are good and which are crap. I thought his conversation with Bill burr, Jocko and Bret Weinstein were all pretty good. The Elon interview was pretty good too, but that was just 2 hours.

Yeah, he really has been banging them out pretty regularly recently.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:

Aglifter, I don't think you know much about the NRA at all, especially its history since the days of the "Revolt in Cincinnati" and Harlon Carter. But keep regurgitating the "LaPierre the Crook" line. The media organizations that pushed that narrative have always been friends of the Second Amendment and gun owners in general, so I'm sure they want what's best for the NRA.

Fuck Wayne, fuck him in whatever hole he finds most objectionable until the Sun burns out, and then fuck him for 15 minutes more.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:

Yeah, he really has been banging them out pretty regularly recently.

$35,000 (hearsay) an episode is quite a motivator. Also no real comedy tours and the UFC shows are minimal.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Fuck Wayne, fuck him in whatever hole he finds most objectionable until the Sun burns out, and then fuck him for 15 minutes more.

Huzzah. LOL.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Rogan always leg-hump his guests, or did Colion get special treatment?

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

$35,000 (hearsay) an episode is quite a motivator. Also no real comedy tours and the UFC shows are minimal.

He's getting paid $100,000,000 to move his podcast to Spotify by the end of the year.

I have never listened to a complete podcast of his. I listen to the clips of just certain topics on his JRE Clips channel. They are broken down into 5-30 minute clips that make them more easily digestible.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:

Depends on the guest, especially whether it's a "professional" invite or a conversation with one of his friends (e.g. comedian buddies, MMA buddies).

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:

The idea is to get the guest comfortable and allow them to open up and elaborate...provided the host doesn't talk-over them. Noir was a prior guest on Rogan's show so, there's already some familiarity. Both also spoke about how they've done shows where they didn't come off as well as they should've or, hoped; Noir pointing out his time on The Bill Maher Show and the roundtable session where it was him against the host and rest of the panel along with a compliant audience.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
He’s supposed to be getting 75K per at this time.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post