SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colion Noir Joe Rogan podcast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colion Noir Joe Rogan podcast Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a good vid in general

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta get thru Brett Weinstein and Jocko...

Rogan has stacked up some good guests lately.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I watched part of it yesterday when I was working out. Need to watch the rest.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Jocko was of course great, but I'll admit that I was disappointed by some of it. I ended up not finishing it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:

Both were great.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Jocko was of course great, but I'll admit that I was disappointed by some of it. I ended up not finishing it.

Same here. I love Rogan, but he can be a moon bat sometimes.

I have no idea what Jocko’s politics are, I actually think he goes out of his way to not have his views known. But I found it annoying when Rogan was trashing Trump and Jocko was uncomfortably playing along...or that’s how I took it.

Almost through Colion.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched almost all of it today.
Colion is great as usual.
Rogan is a chameleon who only takes the form of his guest so here he is pretty much in line.
Next libtard guest and he will be that.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Part of my reason for posting, is we should have Colion, or someone like him, as the president of the NRA. TMK, it was pretty much a ceremonial position, until the Crook started lining his pockets.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody else run out of time in the day with these 3+ hour podcasts. I mean hell, there are 5-8 really good podcasters out there, but the length of these podcasts are getting absurd.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Does anybody else run out of time in the day with these 3+ hour podcasts. I mean hell, there are 5-8 really good podcasters out there, but the length of these podcasts are getting absurd.

Yeah buddy! Not enough time in the day. Started listening to Dan Crenshaw's podcast when the wu-tang flu was starting to get messy. His are normally around an hour up to maybe 1.5 at the most.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:Same here. I love Rogan, but he can be a moon bat sometimes.

I have no idea what Jocko’s politics are, I actually think he goes out of his way to not have his views known. But I found it annoying when Rogan was trashing Trump and Jocko was uncomfortably playing along...or that’s how I took it.

Almost through Colion.

Almost done with Weinstein...3+ hours Eek

I recently read a column where the writer commented that Rogan is at his best, when his guest is an intellectual, where they are able to articulate clearly, with a level of authority on whatever the subject matter their expertise is on. Rogan plays his role as the naive, inexperienced person, tossing out questions while the guest is able to fully expand on their subject matter. Where his interviews get bogged down, is when both he and the guest take middling positions, not wanting to fully commit an opinion or, the guest has a stake in public opinion and voicing their opinion on hot topics, may affect their audience/business.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Part of my reason for posting, is we should have Colion, or someone like him, as the president of the NRA. TMK, it was pretty much a ceremonial position, until the Crook started lining his pockets.

I was waiting for someone to suggest that Noir should be NRA president... Probably the same kind of individual that thinks Rogan is a deep thinker.

Aglifter, I don't think you know much about the NRA at all, especially its history since the days of the "Revolt in Cincinnati" and Harlon Carter. But keep regurgitating the "LaPierre the Crook" line. The media organizations that pushed that narrative have always been friends of the Second Amendment and gun owners in general, so I'm sure they want what's best for the NRA.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its hard, but I can be on the road for a few hours at a time during the week, so I try to listen then rather than when I'm home.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9690 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
So I’m listening to the whole podcast

I have never listened to a full Rogan podcast, but lots of various clips of his before.

He’s a dumb motherfucker about a lot of things that he thinks he knows a lot about. The section where he is talking about “well, if you really want to make america great again then why didn’t you pour the trillions of dollars you had to help the country with COVID into places like Baltimore and other places to raise up those places” almost made me turn it off

He will then say “don’t listen to me, I’m a moron...go on the internet” as a disclaimer

There were some other things, but that one really really stood out. A lot of what he thinks he knows about guns, not even from this video, but from previous things I’ve seen. He clearly hasn’t done his research about the old man that the cops pushed down in Buffalo either. Yeah the cops shouldn’t have pushed him down, but the dude is absolutely a professional agitator...he’s been arrested like 100 times

He (Rogan) seems like a good dude and he’s certainly better than a lot of people with a platform.

But he definitely is an example of the dunning-Kruger effect and listening to this episode did not make me want to listen to another full episode

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I enjoy Rogans podcast but 3 plus hours is too long. If Jamie was allowed to chop them down to an hour and a half it would be much better.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't find three hours so I go to Settings on YouTube and change the playback speed to either 1.25 or 1.5. The audio is still very understandable and I actually seem to absorb more content because my mind doesn't wander.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
quote:

I can't find three hours so I go to Settings on YouTube and change the playback speed to either 1.25 or 1.5. The audio is still very understandable and I actually seem to absorb more content because my mind doesn't wander.

I too watch at 1.5x, but it is still over 2 hours.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't listen to it all at once. It's not like Rogan is putting one out every day. I usually finish one of Rogan's episodes in 3 or 4 listenings. I don't mind at all the long shows.

And I rarely ever watch it on YouTube.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have only listened to a half hour of this one (so far), but I learned that Colion is no longer with the NRA, didn’t realize that.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post