SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia middle school teacher arrested in $6 million drug bust
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia middle school teacher arrested in $6 million drug bust Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
A little sideline business ?

Georgia deputies raided a middle school teacher’s home and seized guns and $6 million in cocaine and heroin.

The teacher Karla Alvarez, 28, and two others are facing drug trafficking and gun charges following Thursday’s drug bust by local authorities in Hall County.

Fox 5 Atlanta reported Friday that Alvarez is a teacher at Chestatee Middle School Academy in Gainesville. She also coaches the girls soccer team. She teaches Spanish, according to the school's website.

“I've worked drugs and gangs for a long time and it was one of the larger cocaine seizures I've ever seen,” Hall County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Ware said, according to the station.

Investigators executed a search warrant and found 61 kilos of cocaine, a kilo of heroin, guns and cash in the home, which Alvarez shared with Monica Pascual Brito and her brother.

Brito, 24, was arrested along with Alvarez. Ricardo Pascual Brito, 28, was being sought.

“They got information that there was probably a substantial amount of heroin and cocaine at the house,” Ware said, according to the Gainesville Times.

The paper reported that Alvarez has been a teacher at Chestatee since 2015.

The Hall County School Disrict is conducting an investigation as a result of the arrest.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...llion-drug-bust.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Hall County School Disrict is conducting an investigation as a result of the arrest.

Glad to hear the school is on top of the situation. I guess the extensive background check did not turn up anything suspicious.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
It is pretty hard to get anything past the Hall County School Board. (sarcasm font)

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And I thought Miss Davis from West Canaan high school had a good side business....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
An unknown individual known as "Mr. Smith" is believed to have tipped off police

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so exactly what does the school expect to discover during its investigation?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
. . . $6 million in cocaine and heroin.

. . . found 61 kilos of cocaine, a kilo of heroin . . .
Those are wholesale amounts of cocaine and H. No way you can call that $6M worth at wholesale prices. I'd estimate that at closer to $2M, and probably less.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:

Those are wholesale amounts of cocaine and H. No way you can call that $6M worth at wholesale prices. I'd estimate that at closer to $2M, and probably less.

Yeah, the feds always count it like someone is going to sell 61 kilo's a gram at a time. I don't know what Heroin sells for, but if they get $20k a kilo that's a little over $1.2 million......nobody holding that much is selling it by the gram or ounce.....

The school teacher looks really coked out in the photo.....black around her eyes, blank expressionless stare.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
The thousand yard stare of someone looking at 15-20 years in the Big School...

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
In defense of the inflated numbers:
Usually the police use the term "street value". It could be the reporter dropped this "term of art".

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Gainsville = LARGE ILLEGAL Mexican community.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Gainsville = LARGE ILLEGAL Mexican community.

Have to have our chicken plant workers!

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Chicken farmers around me have gone bust here lately.
Won't be needing them much longer.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:

Those are wholesale amounts of cocaine and H. No way you can call that $6M worth at wholesale prices. I'd 6estimate that at closer to $2M, and probably less.

Yeah, the feds always count it like someone is going to sell 61 kilo's a gram at a time. I don't know what Heroin sells for, but if they get $20k a kilo that's a little over $1.2 million......nobody holding that much is selling it by the gram or ounce.....

The school teacher looks really coked out in the photo.....black around her eyes, blank expressionless stare.
If the articles are accurate (big IF) then this was a local narc task force op, not the feds. I actually got my numbers from my fed partners that work dope. So the value is not likely to be the fault of "the feds."

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Too bad they didn't catch her gang member brother Ricardo Pascual Brito.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Have to pay off those student loans somehow.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post