SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Credit Card Compromised--Again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit Card Compromised--Again Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
We just received notice that someone charged about $500 from Columbia Sportswear on our primary CC (only other card is Cabela's).

This seems to happen to us about twice a year. Past experience has led me to carry cash for our infrequent meals out, to minimize opportunity for our card to be compromised. Didn't work this time.

I assume we are not alone. Do many of you also seem to have your CC compromised with annoying frequency?

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Runs about once a year for me. Since no one will take any action against the thieves, they can get away with it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Maybe I've been lucky but maybe twice in the last 7 years. I use my card for everything.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Runs about once a year for me. Since no one will take any action against the thieves, they can get away with it.

That's sure true

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This seems to happen to us about twice a year. Past experience has led me to carry cash for our infrequent meals out, to minimize opportunity for our card to be compromised. Didn't work this time.

Has happened to me with some regularity. Minimizing use of your credit card really does not make a lot of difference, as there are many ways your card can be stolen. It is best to monitor your credit card daily and to have another for backup if needed. They have no problem freezing your account and sending another by overnight mail. It is a hassle but worth the convenience for me. Identity theft is another matter and much greater concern.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
TMats, are you using that card on/with a desktop or laptop computer?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
use paypal any time there was a problem they contacted me and i wasn't responsible

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I probably use my iPad more than our desktop.

The bank that issued the card contacts my wife by email and me by text when the card is used. That's how we knew someone else charged on our card.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Mine has been limited to twice in over 10 years. One was narrowed to Walmart and the other snagged from a Mexican Restaurant locally. Purchases were made over 100 miles away in ATL.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I have been lucky. Never have had a fraudulent charge.

Wait! Did I just curse my luck?

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post