SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thomas Sowell comments on AOC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thomas Sowell comments on AOC Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
As always, Dr. Sowell's hammer finds the nail:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/SprRnUBAruw

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Having Thomas Sowell comment on AOC's "logic" is not fair. I mean, like, you know, AOC is a ditzy child and Dr. Sowell is capable of intelligent thought.

"Get some facts, know what you're talking about, before you start spouting this sort of stuff."

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Dr. Sowell is a brilliant man, and he is not wrong in any of this, but Forest Gump was much more concise in discussing AOC, “Stupid is as stupid does.”

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this piece. Does not look or act 90 years of age. Eloquent and to the point.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this Jim.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
AOC looks at issues with a childish simple mindedness. Sowell looks at them with true principles and logical sequences coupled with documented history. Her infantile mewlings could never bear the scrutiny of Sowell's examination so she would never debate him and certainly not where the public could witness it. She's much more comfortable in the CNN and msnbc romper room with all of the other babosos that watch them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AOC is truly a mental midget. She is also crazy as as hell and the combo makes her dangerous.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
AOC is truly a mental midget. She is also crazy as as hell and the combo makes her dangerous.
What makes her dangerous is that idiots put her in Congress.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I always wonder why the lemmings listen to her and not to him. Dumb bimbo vs. Genius.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
darthfuster, that's what I said. Big Grin Big Grin I just don't have the gift of eloquent speech.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Sowell used logic. Logic is a racist tool of oppression by the patriarchal West.

Ergo, Sowell is a racist....

Red Face

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thank you for posting this piece. Does not look or act 90 years of age. Eloquent and to the point.

Had no idea he is 90. I hope I hold up half that well.. Would have guessed him to be in his low to mid 70's.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Dr. Sowell is and American treasure.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
AOC looks at issues with a childish simple mindedness.

That sums it up. While I can appreciate somebody who's able to breakdown a complicated subject into digestible bites, she has such a poor grasp of various concepts that she's unable to regurgitate any of it in an understandable, cogent and thorough manner. She tries to use $10 words but, ends up with a lot of change.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post, thanks.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
What Rep. ?? said to her was absolutely accurate. And I suspect he'd have said the same thing to a male Representative who was as stupid and crazy as AOC is.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
AOC looks at issues with a childish simple mindedness.

That sums it up. While I can appreciate somebody who's able to breakdown a complicated subject into digestible bites, she has such a poor grasp of various concepts that she's unable to regurgitate any of it in an understandable, cogent and thorough manner. She tries to use $10 words but, ends up with a lot of change.

What makes her incorrigible is that she considers herself educated. Her vessel is full. She cannot learn.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
AOC is a back bencher with a big mouth.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
AOC is a bartender, and most suited to dancing around brass poles.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I can't watch or listen to her. She is horrible.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post