SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Surgery for Trigger Finger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surgery for Trigger Finger Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I had a bout of it in my right middle finger. Luckily, it went away on its own.

Good luck with the surgery.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tavman:
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
Any of you guys with this diabetic?

Yes.

Yep.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of pain due to trigger finger in my thumb. Doc wants to try a corto injection before surgery.
You guys try injections first ?

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
I have a lot of pain due to trigger finger in my thumb. Doc wants to try a corto injection before surgery.
You guys try injections first ?

I think the injections are standard op before surgery, it was for me. A hand surgeon did my trigger finger worked great no big deal. I didn't know they had hand surgeons. He did a good job for me. But they put me to sleep. Diabetes didn't have any impact for me. He told me therapy wasn't needed because people use their hands so much. Worked for me.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
just got home from my surgery. get to keep the bandage on for three days. keep elevated, move fingers often, keep dry. pain meds for when numbness starts to wear off. Stitches come out on 28th. We will see if it helps later I guess.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had index and long finger rt hand done yesterday. Ring on lft 2 months ago. Will do lft hand index and long in 2 months.

I played guitAr when young. After I Got a real job only played infrequently. Retired 7 yrs ago. About 4 months ago, began playing along with others at a bar once a week for several hours. Xtra practice too. Doc says my seventy year old fingers are rebelling at the extra work.

The little, but steady playing that I did over the years prob helped keep my fingers limber despite arthritus according to doc. The drastic increase in playing prob brought on trigger fingers.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I have had this going on for about the past year. Trigger finger is stuck when I get up at 90 degrees at the 2nd knuckle. I have to grab it and pull it straight. I thought it was a dislocation. N
I can also feel it pulling all the way up to my funny bone.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine is a world-class pianist and he had the surgery. His career depended on it. He hasn’t had a problem since, and it’s been several years.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post