SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Burger King Now Selling...Tacos?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burger King Now Selling...Tacos? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
C'mon BK, stick to the classics that made you famous. Didn't you learn anything after you tried selling those disgusting hot dogs a few years back? Roll Eyes

How about just making a premium Whopper?

Burger King is rolling out $1 tacos across America

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Some of their competition burger chains such as Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, etc. sell tacos. I don't think many of those chains are in PA and like you I wasn't aware of it when I lived in the North. Then I moved to Texas and SoCal.

In SoCal, Carl's Jr is paired with Green Burrito so half their menu is fast food "Mexican."

In Texas, my boss used to make me stop at Jack in the Box on road trips so he could get tacos and egg rolls (yep, they even sell egg rolls).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Eventually after the franchise wars are over, all restaurants will be Taco Bell...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Eventually after the franchise wars are over, all restaurants will be Taco Bell...

Demolition Man

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
There's nothing BK could put on their menu that would ever tempt me to cross their doorstep again.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Some of their competition burger chains such as Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, etc. sell tacos. I don't think many of those chains are in PA and like you I wasn't aware of it when I lived in the North. Then I moved to Texas and SoCal.

In SoCal, Carl's Jr is paired with Green Burrito so half their menu is fast food "Mexican."

In Texas, my boss used to make me stop at Jack in the Box on road trips so he could get tacos and egg rolls (yep, they even sell egg rolls).

Our Jack in the Box went out of business a few years back. I miss those egg rolls. They were better than many of the actual Chinese restaurants around here.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
BK has moved pretty far down on my list of fast food places. A number of years ago they had a cheeseburger that had like 5 different kinds of cheese on it, that I went back for more than once. But it was one of those temporary things and when they cut it off I quit going there. If I want tacos I'll go to a taco place.

Like tatortodd said, Carl's Jr and Green Burrito are paired up here too, but I go there to get a western bacon cheeseburger, not a burrito. Carl's and Chick-fil-A are my usual go-to fast food joints.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can you please explain to me what the three seashells or for?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they're selling anything. I swung through the drive through at a local BK at around 7pm about a month ago, and only two employees (as best I can tell were working. They refused to answer the drive through board, so when I drove to the window to find out what was going on, they stood inside (didn't open the window) and stated they "weren't takin' no oders". No mention why, just a complete refusal of service. Personally, they could give away gold bars and I wouldn't go back. Drove a bit further to the local Chik-Fil-A and had no issues whatsoever.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

Can you please explain to me what the three seashells or for?

quote:
< tittering >

He doesn't know what the three seashells are for....

< tittering >

The shells are used to make tacos.

The new restaurant needs a new name, one reflecting the grandeur of the menu and ambiance of the facility.

Burger Bell
King Taco
Tacburbelkin
Acogerelling
Butakibe
Ocat Gnik

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally, they could give away gold bars and I wouldn't go back.

This +100. Some of my worst fast food experiences have been at a Burger King. I seriously wonder how the chain has stayed in business this long. If

If it wasn't for the occasional desire for a Sausage and Cheese Criossan'wich, I'd write them off completely.

I saw the BK Taco commercial last night. My wife and I looked at each other and just rolled our eyes.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i can handle a Whopper once in a while and the wife will eat a chicken or fish sandwich. We tried the meatless Whopper a couple of weeks ago. It was disappointing after all the advertising hype. Edible but nothing like the meat version. Some of the commercials suggested people couldn't tell it from the original Whopper. Unbelievable! Their chocolate shakes are still ok.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the amount of breakage these rocket surgeons have on hard shell tacos? BK employees can fuck up a bun so I'm really surprised they didn't go with soft shell tacos.
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'm surprised they're selling anything. I swung through the drive through at a local BK at around 7pm about a month ago, and only two employees (as best I can tell were working. They refused to answer the drive through board, so when I drove to the window to find out what was going on, they stood inside (didn't open the window) and stated they "weren't takin' no oders". No mention why, just a complete refusal of service. Personally, they could give away gold bars and I wouldn't go back. Drove a bit further to the local Chik-Fil-A and had no issues whatsoever.
"Service" you describe is what happens when a franchise business model doesn't vet its franchisees like Chick-fil-a (rigid application process with background checks, formal and lengthy training, limited to # of franchises can own as well as other businesses). BK sells individual location franchises not a territory so you could've went down the street and had a much different experience.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Didn't you learn anything after you tried selling those disgusting hot dogs a few years back? Roll Eyes

I actually liked the hot dogs. It was something different that you don't typically find at most restaurants, and definitely a step up from most gas station roller dogs.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BK sold tacos in the late 90's here in Indianapolis. I think it was a test marketing gig.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Passed a Long John Silvers yesterday that had a sign advertising their new fish tacos...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

I stopped at a BK west of Orlando on the north side of I-4 last year. There were 10 employees and 4 customers in line. I kid you not, it took 17 minutes to get to the point where we placed our order and another 18 minutes to get our food.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
They have sold Tacos in the Chicago area for years.
2 Tacos for about $1.50, used to be 2 for $1.00.

I like them, so bad they are actually good.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

Passed a Long John Silvers yesterday that had a sign advertising their new fish tacos...
Long John Silver's has had fish tacos for quite a while. Buck a piece, on Taco Tuesday. I stop in and pick some up on the way home every now and then.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

hmmm

greasy fish flavored breading on a corn tortilla?

sounds like a great meal if you are constipated

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post